Chapter 35 – Secrets

The Beauty of Sapphire Kingdom

So, where in this chappie

Hope you still like my slow motion story

Ahahah. . .

Okay,

 

Here it goes,

 

ENJOY!

 

***

 

 

There I saw him.

In this dark, he sits against the wall, inside the locked up prison; his upper body ;

but wrapped by bandages which stained by his blood and his bare feet being chained as well.

 

I kneel down and look at him in sadness; all this time this man has trying to save me in his all strength

and now he’s been captured in miserable state.

 

What have I done into his perfect life?

He was the Great General but now he becomes the condemned prisoner and all because of me.

 

Oh! Eunhyuk, if only you didn’t try to save me.

 

“Donghae, is that you?” Even his voice sounds hoarse and sore, it breaks my heart.

“Yes Eunhyuk, it’s me.” He shifted closer to the door and now I can see his face gaunt.

“Donghae, are you alright?” I nod; this is not the time to think about me Eunhyuk ahh!!

“I’m fine; you should worry about yourself Eunhyuk. You know, I will do anything to make you get out from this place;

I promise you this, Eunhyuk. But you have to wait for me, alright? How is your stomach?

Does it hurt? Of course it hurts? How silly am I?

Did they treat your injured stomach?”

He grinned widely, revealing his teeth and his gum as well, what a bright smile he just gave me.

 

“I’m alright, Donghae. Don’t worry about me! This is a common thing for me; I’ve been through a lot worse than this before

and I will survive. Donghae!!!” He stuck out his hand trying to reach me, so I shifted closer to him

and then I feel his cold hand touching and caressing my cheek.

 

“Eunhyuk, I wanted to ask you about this thing that bothers me a lot. Uhm, about my family.

You do shout to me when we still inside the tent, did you?” He bends over and chuckled.

“Is that why you come to me, Donghae? Not because you worried about me?” He let go of my cheeks and then sits.

“What- what- are you saying, Eunhyuk? I am worry about you, sickly worried. You’ve been through a lot and it’s all because of me.

I can’t forgive myself if something happened to you.”

 

“Yes, I know you’re one of the kind hearted person, Donghae; and I trust all your words;

it’s just that I don’t even know what my purpose is now; the moment when I asked you about who is going to be your lover,

you didn’t answer me right away, Donghae. You didn’t, and that makes me question to my own self, do I even existed in your heart?”

Eunhyuk sighed.

 

“Eunhyuk, I- I- !!” I lost my words; I don’t know what to say to Eunhyuk.

 

“You know, Donghae! You really resemble your mother a lot.”

I shocked. What did he say? Did I hear it wrong; I often heard the exactly same words a long time ago when I was young,

from my beloved father.

 

“Wait! What did you say Eunhyuk? My mother? Do you know my mother? My- My- father often told me I’m so alike her,

how do you know that?” How’s that possible? Eunhyuk knows my mother?

 

“Yes, when I was young I’ve seen her, in fact I know her. And I know your father as well, Donghae!

He’s the Old Secretary of Defense right?” I nod in hesitant.

The part of Eunhyuk knows my father makes sense, I mean Eunhyuk is a General and he must be known a lot of people,

but how does he know my mother as well?

 

“She was gorgeous, your mother. And she captivates many men, but only one person she truly in love with and that is your father.

But the love they had is forbidden you see, for your father is a widower while she already has a husband.”

My mother has another husband? I- I- don’t get this.

 

Eunhyuk smiles and look at me, I guess he knows I’m so confused right now. He my head and says,

“I don’t know if I have the right to tell you this because this is your family matter and I know this from your brother Kangin too.”

Kangin hyung knows? but-  but- he never told me, why he never told me? Why?
 

“Tell me Eunhyuk, where is she now? Where is she?” I have to see her, I need to know her.”

 

“She’s gone for a long time, Donghae. She got sick because her deep sorrow for she can’t meet her other son, you.

She did it to make you saved from her husband and that’s why your father raised you alone, right?”

Yes, I always alone in my old house with the maids; my father will come once in a while to see me

and when I reach ten he took me to live with my brothers and sister.

 

“I don’t even have the chance to see my mother.” I sighed, “I mean, I can’t even complain to her,

there’s so much I wanted to tell her or to ask her, and now I know I don’t have those chances,

not even to catch the glimpse of what her looks is like.”

 

“There are a lot of her paintings glorifying her beauty, in this castle, but they all been hide somewhere by the old king after she died.”

The Old King hides my mother’s paintings? I’m so confused here, what is Eunhyuk talking about? What is has to do with the old king?

 

And it’s like Eunhyuk knows my bewilderment he says,

“Your mother is the Queen Donghae, and her husband is the old King, Siwon’s father.

I gasped in shocked, I even forgot to breaths for a moment.

 

“Wait! My mother is the Queen? I- I- don’t understand and I can’t believe this,

Wait! But- that means I’m- I’m- related to Siwon? I’m- I’m- his brother?” This can’t be happening.

 

“Donghae! Donghae! Are you alright? No- don’t get it wrong, you have another brother from the same mother but he’s not Siwon,

he’s name is Heechul and he’s been condemned to be exiled.

Siwon is the old king’s concubine’s son, but somehow yes, you are related by Heechul.”

I breathe heavily and I can’t find things to hold on, so I sat rather kneel down.

 

“Donghae! Are you sure you’re alright? You were fainted before. You look so pale.” Eunhyuk caresses my face

and he leans closer as he can be but he failed to reach my whole body;

I know he’s trying to hug me but the thick woods of the prison prevents him so.

 

“I’m alright, I’m alright. I just can’t believe what i heard. Kangin Hyung never told me about these too.

Why he hides this huge secret from me?” And if I meet hyung again, I will ask him or worst I’m going to mad at him,

why he keeps this secrets for years? I just couldn’t wonder why?

 

“I feel guilty right now, Donghae. I’m not supposed to be the one, who told you about these things,

but I wanted so bad to gain your attention so, I shouted that out loud. Pity, am I?” Eunhyuk sighed and he looks frustrated.

 

“No, I feel grateful to you Eunhyuk. Many years I keep blaming her, in some other times, in my thoughts I will forgive her right away,

if she somehow suddenly shows up to meet me and live with me as a one complete family,

but I guess that’s all are dreams which will never be come true.” I cried, the sensitive me, hmmphh!!

Eunhyuk wipes my tears and then slowly he reaches my lips and rubbing it constantly.

 

“Do you love Siwon, Donghae?” I didn’t answer him, I don’t know what to say because I’m confused myself, maybe I do,

but there’s no way I’m going to confess that to someone who’s in love with me too.

I can’t break Eunhyuk’s heart when he’s already in this miserable situation.

I just can’t.

 

“You love him, I can tell that.” Eunhyuk smiles, but it seems painfully.

 

“Is this why you told me once, you never believe love on the first sight, but then after few things you do believe.

What if I ask you, what if, I’m the first person you meet back in the forest, will you love me instead?”

 

“I- I- don’t know Eunhyuk.” I stammered. “I found you’re very attractive when the first time I look at you, back in the forest.

I’m not lying; I mean from all the soldiers’ faces I can only remember yours, but- but- I.”

 

“You do? You found me attractive, Donghae? But why you never told me about that before?

If that’s true then I should blame myself, Omo! I’m so stupid.” Eunhyuk chuckled.

 

“Why would you say that?” I look him in confused.

 

“Well, if I know how you felt about me, then I should rescue or kidnap you from Siwon

before we even reach this palace, and maybe things will be different, and maybe you will fall for me instead, Donghae.

But you know, I’m not a person who gave up my hope so easily because I used to fight for what I want,

and I still think you’re too good for Siwon.

Please give me the chance to proof that I’m the better person than he is!”

 

 

Again, I don’t know what to say.

 

 

To be continued . . .

 

 

 

So, that’s it for today guys,

And thanks for the comments,

And of course for giving your extra time to read my story

For you. . .for you . . . xD