Chapter 9

What Happened to Us?

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

I just got home after taking Jessica to her house. I opened the door and found my brother sleeping on the couch. I walked over him and tried to wake him up.

“Myungsoo, wakey wakey.”

The boy didn’t even budge so I moved closer to his ear.

“YAH! KIM MYUNGSOO GET OFF THE COUCH!”

I laughed when he scrambled out of the couch and stood up straight.

“Geez, noona. You could’ve woken me up in a different way. I might lose my ears with what you did.”

“What are you doing sleeping in the couch anyway?”

“I was waiting for you.” He sat on the couch and had a serious face on.

“What do you want to talk about? Love problems?” I teased as I sat beside him.

“Y-yeah.”

I was surprised with his answer. He never wanted to talk about his lovelife with me at all. I wonder what happened.

“You can talk about it with me.”

I heard him sigh before he talked. “It’s about Krystal.”

“What? Krystal? As in Jessica’s sister? You like her? Omo!”

“Aish, noona. That’s not it! She’s MY PROBLEM!” He put both of his hands in his head in frustration.

“Why? Did she do something?”

“Well. SHE DID!”

“What did she do?” I asked calmly

“Sh… She likes Sulli. Ugh.” My poor brother facepalmed himself.

“W-well… That’s too bad. You and Krys will make a cute couple”

Myungsoo looked at me with a disapproving look.

“Are kidding me? I know I am cute but apparently, she’s not!”

“Calm down, Myungsoo… Let me get this straight. So the one you like is Sulli and Krystal likes her too. And you are frustrated because Sulli chose Krystal?”

“No! Sulli hasn’t made her choice yet. But I admit that Jung might have a higher chance than me.”

I stood up from my seat and patted his head. “Just don’t give up dear brother. Have confidence in yourself! You know the saying, ‘The Kims never lose!’ Go to your room and sleep. It’s late.”

“Yes. Thanks noona!” He went to his room.

 

Love problems.

Unfortunately, I had one too.

 

I was really worried about Jessica right now. She was doing much better now than when we’re still in college. College is such a dark era for her but due to our efforts in the past year, she’s been getting better…

Until now.

Blame it all on Jessica’s best friend! I haven’t even met her but I already feel hatred towards that girl. She’s the reason why Sica is at her worst condition. I really don’t care whatever reason she has! She has no right to hurt my Jessica!

 

She can’t hurt Jessica.

 

She can’t hurt the girl I love.

 

Not anymore.

 

*Ring ring*

The sound of my phone ringing interrupted my thoughts. I sighed and looked at the screen.

“Huh?”

 

Author’s POV

 

Jessica got home later than she planned to. She had a rough day and all she wanted to do right is to take a bath and sleep.

After checking if Krystal is sleeping, she immediately hit the shower. Her body remained unmoved as the water is pouring down on her. The water was supposed to be refreshing but tonight, she felt that familiar burning sensation. Her mind was still wandering about all the things which happened that day.

After a long time, she saw Tiffany again. How she missed her so much. She smiled but that faded away too soon when she remembered about Yuri.

‘They’re still together.’ she thought.

She never wanted to live in desperation but can she do anything about it?

 

No. Why?

 

Because she was deeply in love. And like some people say,

 

Love kills.

 

Jessica closed her eyes as she breathes unevenly. She was crying her heart out for the nth time and she had always hated it.

She had enough.

She slowly opened her eyes and turned her gaze at the medicine cabinet. She walked towards it and opened the cabinet with shaking hands.

Her mind battled with her body’s instincts. Fortunately this time, her mind ‘s thinking prevailed.

She closed the cabinet and went out of the bathroom. Still crying. She put on some clothes on and grabbed her phone. She searched for a particular name in the contacts and called that person. She waited until the person picked it up.

“Please.. stay with me for tonight. Jessica pleaded.

“…”

“I… I need you NOW! Please. Just come.”

Hearing the other person’s assurance made Jessica relieved. She laid on her beloved bed as she waited for her savior to arrive.

“Come soon.”

 


A/N: Another update! That was fast right? That's because I'm running out of time. *sigh*.

How's that? A triangle with JungLi and Myungsoo! I'm gonna make their story separated though. Different from this fic.  Think of this as a teaser. LOL.

Have a nice life people. I'm finally getting some sleep.