Chapter 22

What Happened to Us?

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

Finished with organizing my things in the office, I opened the folder that Ms. CL gave for the project.

 

“I’m in so much trouble.” I mumbled while studying the details. I should’ve controlled my emotions a while ago. Now, I’m nervous about what my boss will say if she finds out.

 

Then, I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and the CEO’s secretary came into view.

 

“Good afternoon, Tiffany-ssi. Ms. CL wants to see you in her office now.”

 

I gulped. This is what I’m talking about. “O-okay. I’ll be there in a moment.”

 

Not wanting to piss my new boss, I quickly made my way to her office. I breathed deeply before knocking.

 

“Come in.” I heard her say.

 

I hope she doesn’t kill me

 

 

Author’s POV

 

Tiffany came in nervously. She couldn’t look straight into Chaerin’s face because she knew that she was at fault for neglecting her responsibility. The blonde analyzed the girl’s action and grinned to herself.

 

“Take a seat, Tiffany. We need to talk.”

 

Tiffany complied and sat down. Sensing the latter’s uneasiness, Chaerin can’t help but feel amused.

 

“Relax, Tiffany. I’m not going to bite you.”

 

“I-I’m sorry, CL-ssi.” Tiffany said, still gazing at her feet.

 

Chaerin leaned back in her chair. Her face suddenly became straight. “Apologies can never be enough. It makes things a little lighter but it doesn’t solve the problem at hand.”

 

Tiffany hung her head low. She wants to say something but she felt a lump in , preventing her from doing so.

 

“Be honest with me, Tiffany. Is there a problem with you and Jessica?”

 

Tiffany froze for a few seconds before she turned her gaze at Chaerin.

 

‘Does she know?’ Tiffany thought.

 

“Anwser me Tiffany.” Chaerin said in a low voice.

 

Tiffany let out a sigh before speaking. “It’s all in the past now. You don’t have to worry, Ms. CL. I’ll be professional with my work. I won’t get personal.”

 

Chaerin slammed her hand on the table which made Tiffany flinch. Obviously, Chaerin was getting pissed with Tiffany’s answers.

 

“You won’t get personal? That’s exactly what you did! And now, because of you, the preparation is on hold!”

 

Tears are starting to build up in Tiffany’s eyes. This did not escape from Chaerin’s trained eyes. The blonde girl’s expression softened when she saw this. She had always hated seeing people cry. It reminds her of an old friend.

 

I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell at you. I’m just… stressed.”

 

“It’s alright.” Tiffany replied, wiping her tears.

 

“Listen, Tiffany. Whatever problems you have with Jessica, I want you to settle it soon.”

 

“Yes. I will.” Tiffany reluctantly said.

 

The blonde smiled to herself.

 

‘Think you can escape? Not from me, Hwang.’ Chaerin thought.

 

The door suddenly opened and Jessica came stomping in.

 

“YAH! What the hell-“ Jessica stopped when she had an eye-to-eye contact with Tiffany. For a few seconds, the two old friends was lost in each other’s gaze.

 

Taking advantage of the scene, Chaerin quietly walked out of the office and closed the door behind her. Using the handy thing she purchased earlier, she made sure to lock the door from the outside before walking away.

 

“You’ll thank me for this, Jessica.”

 

Hearing the lock, Jessica snapped out of her trance and turned to the door. she tried to open it but luck was not on her side.

 

‘Crap.’ She thought.

 

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany said, coming from behind.

 

Just by hearing Tiffany’s voice, heat rushed throughout Jessica’s body. “Uh. Chaerin… she locked us here. I’m sorry about this, Tiffany. My friend likes to play out.”

 

“Friend? She’s your friend?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Uh. Yeah. We’ve been friends since college along with Sooyoung, Sunny and Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany’s face cringes at the mention of Taeyeon’s name. “I see.”

 

No one spoke after that. Awkward silence once again fell upon the two until a grumbling sound was heard. It came from Jessica.

 

Tiffany tried to hold it in but she ended up bursting in laughter. With that, Jessica turned red.

 

‘Isn’t she supposed to ignore me? Why now? Ugh.’ Jessica thought.

 

Tiffany realized what she’d done so she immediately stopped laughing and cleared . “Sorry.”

 

Jessica only looked away. “It’s okay. So… um. Sorry about Chaerin again. I really don’t know what’s going on in her head.”

 

“I think I know why she did this.” Tiffany sighed.

 

“You do?”

 

Tiffany took a glance at Jessica and looked away. “Yeah. She said something about how we should settle things between us.”

 

‘Chaerin, you’re going to kill me!’ Jessica thought while staring blankly at the floor.

 

“But if you don’t want to, we can always pretend that-“

 

“No. Chaerin would know if we’re lying to her. You can’t fool her easily. Besides, she is right. I think it’s about time that we talk about this. It’s been too long already.”

 

Tiffany lowered her head and bit her lip. She knows that Jessica is right. It has gone far enough; far enough to break their friendship. Unknown to Jessica, Tiffany was trying her best not to hug her right then and there. All these times, Tiffany was trying to keep her emotions in place. But her current situation was not helping at all.

 

What would you do if you’re locked inside a room with the person you loved? Tiffany doesn’t know how to answer that question. Or maybe she does but she just doesn’t want to give in because she knows the consequences that may happen.

 

“Can’t we be friends again?” Jessica’s voice snapped Tiffany out of her thoughts.

 

“Jessica, we can’t po-“

 

“I’m not asking about what happened in the past anymore. I am more concerned about how we are now! If you don’t want to tell me about your reasons then I’m fine with that. I know that we can’t go back to how we were before but at least give us a chance to start all over again!”

 

Jessica paused before saying, “I… I missed you, Tiff.:”

 

Just by hearing Jessica’s nickname for her is enough to make Tiffany’s heart soften. One thing that the latter doesn’t understand is the fact that Jessica was stillkind to her amidst all the bad things that she did.

 

And right now, hearts are breaking.

 

 One because of longing. The other one because of sacrifice.

 

With Tiffany’s silence, Jessica’s eyes glistened as tears formed. She looked down because of embarrassment.

 

Watching her loved one cry was already too much for Tiffany. Her mind didn’t know what to do anymore so it was finally time for her heart to take over.

 

Tiffany walked closer to Jessica. Using her right hand, she cupped the blonde’s face and stared lovingly in her eyes. Their faces are now only inches apart. Tiffany flashed her brightest smile before whispering,

 

 

“I missed you too, Jessi.”

 

 


A/N: So... What do you guys think? I'm nervous about this. Jeti moment huh? Hahaha.

Thanks to UnfoldedStories for voting this. You're awesome!

Oh. Just want you guys to know that I'm not gonna be able to update soon. One hell of a week is coming... Hope you understand. But I'll try my best to to update ASAP.

Good night!