Chapter 25

What Happened to Us?

 

Author’s POV

 

It was the day before Jessica and Tiffany leave for Jeju. The meeting with Taeyeon had already ended for this day so she was already out of the company premises. Sooyoung and Sunny made their way to Chaerin’s office to ‘report for duty’.

 

When they got to the office, they saw Chaerin staring at something from underneath the table. The blonde’s expression was incomprehensible so it made the couple worried about their friend.

 

“What’s that?” Sunny asked, referring to the thing that Chaerin was looking at.

 

 The blonde looked up and stared at the couple. Then she shifted her gaze to the thing and sighed before showing it to them. It was the black stuffed toy that Chaerin received from her enemy days ago. Sooyoung snatched the stuffed toy from Chaerin’s hand and examined it thoroughly. Both Sunny and CL was surprised at her actions.

 

“How did you get this?” The tall girl asked.

 

“Someone sent it to me.” Chaerin answered.

 

“Who?” Sunny asked. She finally understood what Sooyoung meant when she got hold of the thing.

 

Chaerin was still confused but she managed to tell them how it got to her hands. When she was finished telling the story, the room was filled with silence. It was until Sooyoung spoke. “Can I see the message?”

 

Chaerin opened the drawer. She took out the piece of paper that her rival sent her. She handed it to Sooyoung who frowned upon reading it. The latter gave the same to Sunny who also had the same initial reaction as her girlfriend.

 

“Do you guys know anything about it? I’ve been trying to figure it out who sent me that but nothing came up.” Chaerin said.

 

Sooyoun and Sunny looked at each other and turned to Chaerin. “Don’t you recognize this?”

 

Chaerin shook her head.

 

“Isn’t this Tamtamie?” Sooyoung said.

 

“It’s Dara unnie’s, right?” Sunny added.

 

Chaerin’s eyes widened when realization hits her. How could she forget about that? “But… she’s already gone. She can’t be the one who sent that. She died years ago so how did—“

 

“Maybe it’s someone connected to her.” Sooyoung assumed.

 

“Do you know anyone who is related to her that might do this? You’re the one who’s closest to her. You should know.”

 

“You’re saying that my enemy is somewhat related to Dara unnie?” Chaerin asked.

 

Sooyoung sighed. “Well we can’t be sure about that. But somehow, whoever this person is, knows your connection with her. The person behind this might be using her against you.”

 

CL smiled sadly and agreed. “She is my only weakness after all.”

 

“But Dara unnie was long gone. What does this have to do with her?” and why does this person ‘play’ against you when you’re game plan involves Sica? Why not in the past games you played?” Sunny said.

 

“You’re right bunny. Chaerin had already played a few games before and none of these happened. Wait a minute…” Sooyoung paused as she was deep in her thoughts. Then she looked at Chaerin and said, “Does Dara unnie and Sica have some connection with each other?”

 

Chaerin leaned back and thought about it, staring at the ceiling. She let out a sigh and nodded her head.

 

“Jessica was the one who saved her before.”

 

-------------

 

Jessica’s POV

 

I was preparing to go home early today. I still have to pack my things for tomorrow’s trip. We will be leaving early in the morning so I have to pack my things later when I get home.

 

I am glad that I could go on this trip. I can finally spend time with Tiffany. I know it’s wrong for me to be happy about their breakup but I can’t help it. People tend become selfish when they are in love.

 

Once again, my heart was filled with hope. I am friends with Tiffany again but I’m planning to stay that way…

 

Not this time.

 

 

Author’s POV

 

Jessica was alone in the elevator. She was smiling and giggling by herself but she stopped when the elevator opened. She looked up to see Tiffany entering.

 

“Hi Jess.” Tiffany greeted her as she smiled. “Are you ready for tomorrow?”

 

Jessica’s heart was happy when she heard her nickname coming from Tiffany’s mouth. Jessica smiled back at her, trying not to look like a complete idiot. Deep inside, she was spazzing like a fangirl.

 

“Not yet. I still have to pack my things when I get home.” Jessica said.

 

“I see.” Tiffany replied.

 

Awkward silence fell upon the two. As much as they want to, they can’t bring themselves to act normally with each other after a long time of separation, especially when they both have those unsaid words kept to themselves.

 

The elevator opened and they realized that they already reached the ground floor. They both step out and waited for each other to say something.

 

Jessica gathered all her courage to ask the question she’s been dying to ask Tiffany.

 

“A-are you done packing your things? Do you need some help?”

 

Tiffany stared at Jessica. She was surprised at the sudden offer but Jessica took her silence as a rejection of her help.

 

“It’s okay if you don’t. I was just—“

 

Jessica stopped in her sentence when she heard Tiffany giggle. Jessica may not know it but Tiffany finds Jessica’s reaction to be cute.

 

“Ani. I was just about to go to the mall to buy some things I might need. Do you want to come with me?”

 

“YES!” Jessica quickly said, making Tiffany laugh a little. Jessica realized what she just did so her cheeks turned pink and she suddenly became shy.

 

“I mean… if you really want to, then I’ll come with you.”  Jessica whispered, looking elsewhere.

 

Tiffany bit her lip. She was fighting the urge to pinch Jessica’s pink cheeks right then and there. She knows that if she does do that, things may get a little awkward again and she doesn’t want that.

 

But after all the mistakes she had done in the past, she made a decision; a decision to make Jessica Jung hers forever.

 

Tiffany linked her arms with Jessica and dragged her.

 

“Tiff, what are you—“

 

“It’s time for our date, Jessi!”

 

 


A/N: kkkkk. How's that? I'm not really good with sweet moments so I'm nervous about writing these types of JeTi moments.  I am lacking in this category. lol.

Tell me what you think please? So that I know what to write for all the succeeding JeTi moments in this fic. You guys can give me ideas on what to write for the trip to Jeju. I badly need them. XD

Don't forget to comment! Sometimes, I tend to give some spoilers to some people with good ones. kkkk.

And finally... next update will be on Jessica's birthday! I'll do something special on that day for you readers! *evil grin*

Again, thank you all!