Chapter 14

What Happened to Us?

 

Jessica’s POV

 

There were five of us in the table. Me and Yoona sat beside each other while Yuri, Tiffany and Seohyun sat across us.

 

I can’t help it but my heart pounds hard in my chest. I feel so nervous because the atmosphere around us is just too awkward.

 

“How have you been, Sica? I haven’t seen you for years!” Yuri said, breaking the silence.

 

I faked a smile when I faced her. “I’m actually doing fine, Yuri. I’ve been busy lately. Maybe that’s why we haven’t saw each other.”

 

Lies.

 

“We’ve been all busy, Sica. You know what? I just don’t get it. Why didn’t you stay in contact with Tiffany?”

 

What? I didn’t stay in contact with Tiffany? What is she talking about? Ugh.

 

I saw Yuri grin and she continued, “I mean, you and Tiffany used to be inseparable in high school. You two were like sisters so I really didn’t expect that from you.”

 

I felt Yoona’s hand in my hand from underneath the table. She looked at me and smiled, giving me assurance. I returned the smile.

 

Thanks Yoong.

 

“Well, some things change Yuri. People change too.” I said, taking a quick glance at Tiffany who was frowning.

 

Yuri chuckled. “You’re right. A lot of people come and go in our lives. They won’t stay unless you force them to.”

 

I stared at Yuri, trying to fully understand her words. Unfortunately, nothing came up.

 

“The food is here!” Yoona exclaimed, interrupting my thoughts.

 

The waitress came in with our food. She was wearing a large eyeglasses so I couldn’t see her face fully. The odd thing is that she looked at me and gave me a dorky smile…

 

Dorky smile? Is that….

 

“Unnie, is there something wrong?” Seohyun asked.

 

“I’m fine, Seohyun.” I turned my head again only to find that the waitress earlier is nowhere in sight. I only shrugged my shoulders after that.

 

Yuri asked me a couple more questions but thankfully, she didn’t open the topic about Tiffany and me anymore. On the other hand, Tiffany just kept silent while we were eating. Yoona and Seohyun are helping me cope up with Yuri’s ‘interrogation’.

 

Just when I thought this lunch can end peacefully, Yuri ruined it for the second time around.

 

“Come to think of it, Sica. I’m pretty sure it was you who I saw at the park last time.”

 

Oh no. Did you really have to mention that?

 

Yoona and Seohyun gave me their questioning looks and I could only sigh.

 

“Really? Too bad, I didn’t see you. Mianhe”

 

Yuri rubbed her chin as if she was thinking deeply about something.

 

What now?

 

“If only Tiffany here didn’t stop me.” Yuri said while patting Tiffany’s head.

 

Wait. Tiffany saw me too? But then, if she saw me…

 

“I wasn’t really sure if it was her that you saw. That’s why I stopped you.” I heard Tiffany say. She’s just looking out the window so I didn’t get to see her face when she said that.

 

Yuri laughed and held Tiffany’s hand. What made it more annoying is that she was looking at me when she intertwined their fingers. I gritted my teeth when I saw that. I’m about to lose my patience.

 

“Well, you were a bit far away from us. I wasn’t sure you heard me call you. Anyway, who’s the short girl with you that time?”

 

Short girl? It must be…

 

“You mean, Taeng?”

 

“Who’s Taeng, unnie? You haven’t mentioned her to me before.” Yoona said.

 

“I always mention her to you, Yoong. Remember, Kim Taeyeon?” I said.

 

“Ooh. Someone’s got a girlfriend. Well. She was cute but still not as beautiful as my Fany baby here, right?” Yuri smiled at Tiffany but Tiffany looked away. I think there’s something wrong with them. Tiff doesn’t look pleased.

 

“Sorry about that. She’s just having her period today.” Yuri explained.

 

“Oh…” was all I can say.

 

“So, tell me more about this girlfriend of yours.”

 

“What? Aniyo. She’s not my girlfriend!” I protested.

 

“What unnie said was true. Taeng unnie is not her girlfriend.” Yoona said after sipping her drink. Once again, thanks to you, Yoong.

 

“But I thought-“

 

“At least not yet though. They are still exclusively dating.” Yoona added.

 

What are you saying Yoong? I’m so going to kill you later!

 

“Ah. I see. Our Sica here doesn’t want to rush things. That’s understandable, right honey?” Yuri asked Tiffany.

 

I saw Tiffany glare at me for a few seconds then rolled her eyes.

 

 What the? What’s wrong with her?

 

Just then, I heard a sound of a glass breaking. I looked around and found the nerdy waitress earlier on the sitting on the floor.

 

There were two other girls on the scene. The tall one was also sitting on the floor and the short one had her hand over .

 

I recognize these three people.

 

Wait a minute…

 

“Taeng?  Sunny? Sooyoung?” I glared at my friends.

 

What are they all doing here?

 

They all looked at me and laughed awkwardly.

 

What they could only say was,

 

“Hello Sica!”

 


A/N: Another short chapter. Please don't kill me yet. (please?)

 

School is finally over in our country! Whew. Only 2 weeks before my summer classes start. That means? Shorter but more frequent updates over the next two weeks! Yay! And also, I already got plans for my JungLiMyung story. I'll post it after I'm donw with this story. I hope you'll also support that!

 

Thanks to all my readers!