Chapter 6

What Happened to Us?

 

Jessica’s POV

 

“Jessica?”

Taeyeon broke our hug when she heard a voice call my name. I looked at the source of the voice and saw her walking towards me with a huge smile plastered on her face.

It’s Yuri.

I began to panic. I don’t know what to do. Should I run? If Yuri saw me, then there’s a huge probability that…

“SICA!!!”.  Taeyeon yelled at me.

“What?!” I also shouted at her because I got irritated.

“What’s wrong with you? Do you know that girl?” Taeyeon asked and looked at Yuri. I also looked at Yuri and wondered why she still hasn’t approached me yet. Then, I figured out why.

Yuri is now talking to……

 

“Tiffany” I whispered to no one.

 

‘Oh no.’ I thought.

This is bad. I have to get out of here! N.O.W

“Um. No. I don’t know her”. I answered Taeyeon.

"But she just-.”

“Let’s go!” I grabbed Taeyeon’s left hand and dragged her before she could even finish her sentence.

 

And before Tiffany could even get a glimpse of me.

 

I’m not ready to face her yet. Not now when I’m still broken with what she did.

 

“Yah! Slow down, will you? You’re hurting me.” Taeyeon tried to free her hand from my hand so I slowed down and let go of her hand. I can feel the tears forming in my eyes.

“I’m sorry”

“What’s wrong?” she cupped my face and looked at me worriedly. I stared into her eyes and began to sob.

It’s been years now but I still can’t get over it. I’m still weak when it comes to her and I don’t like it one bit. I just miss her too much.

Taeyeon patted my back and said, “Come on, Sica. Let’s go to Sunny’s restaurant. We can talk about it there”. I only nodded to her suggestion.

Right now, I need my friends.

 

Badly…

 

(A/N: Let’s take a break from Jessica’s depressing world. There’s just too much pain. I might go crazy. Let me brighten up the mood! ^_^v )

 

Author’s POV

 

At Sunny’s Restaurant

 

A tall girl was staring at the menu in her hands. The airconditioner is set at 24 degrees but drops of sweat can be seen forming in forehead. She scans every page as if hunting for a person who hasn’t paid her yet. Her eyes are so focused at the poor menu that she was oblivious to her surroundings. She finished scanning through the last page and sighed.

Suddenly, she slammed her hands on the table which made everyone in the restaurant stare at her. When she noticed that the eyes of the people are on her, she quickly lowered her head out of embarrassment.

Too bad she’s too tall so doing that makes no difference at all. People can still see her. Some of them glared at her. It was until a petite girl saw the situation and apologized to everyone.

“I’m sorry about that. She has some anger management problems. Please continue eating.” The girl bowed to everyone and approached the tall girl who was still sulking in her seat. She sat in front of her and hit the tall girl’s arm.

“Yah! You’re scaring my customers away. Can you please behave yourself?”

“Sorry about that but what’s with ANGER MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS? You could’ve at least told them anything else but that. Now, they think I’m crazy”

“Well, you are!” the petite girl said as-a-matter-of-factly.

“What? No way!” the tall girl countered.

“Whatever. So, have you decided what to eat yet? I haven’t got all day you know.”

The tall girl looked at her with puppy eyes.

“Sunny-ah, please let me eat that blueberry cheesecake. Pretty please?” the tall girl held Sunny’s hand tried to use her own version of aegyo.

Sunny only smiled at her actions and said, “No.”

“How about parfait?”

 “No.”

“Chocolate Sundae?”

“No”

“Pudding?”

“No.”

“But-“

“No buts, Sooyoung! The doctor told you to refrain from eating sweet food for a week and that’s final! That’s what you get for eating Taeyeon’s gummy bears the other day. You just have to deal with it.” Sunny crossed her arms on her chest.

Sooyoung put on her saddest face thinking doing so will make Sunny change her mind. She smiled when she saw Sunny sighed.

“You can eat something else you know. How about lasagna?”

Upon saying this, Sooyoung’s smile turned upside down.

“I already ate lasagna for breakfast. And besides, you know I can’t live without sweets even just for a day. Come on, Sunny. You love me, right?” Sooyoung pleaded (more like begged) Sunny.

“Don’t you use that technique on me, Choi Sooyoung. It won’t work this time around.” Sunny was about to get up but Sooyoung grabbed her arm and forced her to sit down again.

“Alright then. I give up. I will just have chicken wings then.” Sooyoung sighed in defeat.

Sunny smiled widely and got up to prepare her girlfriend’s meal.

“Sunny.”

“Wha-?” Sunny was surprised when Sooyoung kissed her on the cheeks.

“Don’t be too long, okay?”

Sunny blushed and nodded her head like a child. Then, she went on her way to the kitchen to personally cook for Sooyoung. She has three chefs working for her but then, she would cook any meal for her girlfriend.

Seeing Sunny’s reaction, Sooyoung grinned to herself. “I’m so lucky!”

Sooyoung and Sunny had been friends and liked each other since they were kids but Sooyoung only had the courage to confess to her last year. Thanks to the constant nagging of Chaerin.

How did they fall in love? Well, one could answer that using simple logic. Here’s how:

Sooyoung loves food.

Sunny Loves cooking food.

Therefore, Sooyoung loves Sunny.

It also works the other way around. ^_^

 

Sooyoung is patiently waiting for her precious chicken when she noticed two figures coming in. It was Taeyeon and Jessica.

“Over here!” Sooyoung called them while waving both of her hands like a lost child.

Taeyeon looked at her with what-the-hell-are-you-doing look. Nevertheless, she went over to where Sooyoung while leading Jessica who was still lost in her own world.

Sooyoung noticed Jessica’s puffy eyes. “What happened to her? Hey midget, did you make her eat cucumbers again?” She said as she tried to lighten up the mood.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “First of all, I’m not a midget! Your girlfriend is. And second, I didn’t make her eat cucumbers. I still value my life you know!”

“Then tell me what’s going on with her.”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica who is now staring at the table as if she can’t hear anything.

“She’s been like this ever since a girl called her at the park earlier.” She frownedwhen she remembered what happened.

“Does she know the girl?” Sooyoung asked.

Taeyeon shook her her head. “She said she didn’t know her but I have a feeling that she’s lying”.

“I’m a liar?” Sooyoung and Taeyeon flinched when they heard Jessica talk and shot a glare at Taeyeon. For a moment, both of them felt the colder surroundings.

Sooyoung couldn’t take it any longer so she decided to break the ice.

“You’re back!” She was about to hug Jessica but she stopped her attempt when she noticed the latter’s glare was now on her. Sooyoung gulped and looked away.

 

Fortunately, Sunny came in with Sooyoung’s chicken wings. She placed the food on the table and sat beside her girlfriend.

“Finally. FOOD!” Sooyoung’s eyes lit up as she ate her chicken wings. Sunny smiled at the scene. She loves it when Sooyoung enjoys eating what she cooked for her.

“So, what brings you two here? And why did you cry?” Sunny asked.

“Jessica saw someone in the park.” Taeyeon answered.

“Someone? Who?”

“No one.” Jessica answered coldly.

“Stop acting like this, Sica.”

“Acting like what?” Jessica raised her eyebrow and pretended not to know what Sunny is talking about.

Sunny just shrugged and said, “Stop acting like a child”

Jessica frowned and was about to leave but Taeyeon stopped her.

“Please understand her Sunny. She’s been through a lot.”

“I’m sorry Jessica. It’s just that… You know you can always turn to us when you have problems, right? You’ll always have us.” Sunny said sincerely.

Upon hearing this from Sunny, Jessica smiled at her. “I know that. I just need more time to think before I can tell you guys. I’m sorry”

“It’s alright. We’re always here for you, right Taeyeon?” Sooyoung turned to Taeyeon for agreement and the latter only nodded dorkily.

“Well, I have to go home now. It’s been a long day.” Jessica got up.

“Oh. I’ll send you home then.” Taeyeon offered and Jessica agreed.

“See you soon guys!”

“Yeah. Take care. Don’t be reckless in driving, midget!”

 

The couple inside the restaurant watched as their friends left.

“I have a feeling it’s about Jessica’s past.” Sunny said.

“You’re not the only one thinking that.” Sooyoung looked at Sunny seriously while taking a bite on the chicken wing.

“If only we know what she looks like, then we could have hunt her down and get the truth from her!” Sunny said angrily.

“Yeah. It’s too bad we didn’t go to Jessica’s 18th birthday. If we did, we could have met her and this thing would never happen.”

“I know. And Jessica doesn’t even want to tell us her name. That’s what makes it a lot harder for us to help her out”.

“I know you’re frustrated Sunny but still, we have to help her through this no matter what.” Sooyoung has finished eating.

“Leave it to me”. A voice said.

The couple turned their heads around and saw a blonde girl walking towards them. Sooyoung smiled widely. “Got a plan?”

The blonde girl answered her with a smirk on her face.

 


A/N: I may not be able to update soon because my final exams are coming up in two weeks. T_T This is the longest chapter that I've written, I think. I've written this while waiting for my food to be cooked, hence the chapter has SooSun in it. By the way, Jeti has a long way to go. I'm so evil.... Thanks to all the subscribers. Please do comment people!

See you soon!