Chapter 4

What Happened to Us?

 

A/N:      I won’t be putting Yulti moments in detail like I planned to.

                Why?

                Because this is a Jeti fic! Hah! Oh well. Here’s a very short update for you guys!



 

                I sighed as I stared at the beautiful figure. You still have that overwhelming aura around you. The sight of you still makes me breathless. God knows how much I wanted to run into you and hug you, to tell you how much I loved you and never repeat the same mistake of giving you up.

                But I can’t.

                You still hate me and it’s my entire fault.

 

                I watched as she approached you from behind and hug you. You turned to her and smiled. Then, you leaned in for kiss.

                I closed my eyes. There it is again.

                Pain.

Do you still remember those times when you unknowingly shattered my heart? Maybe not. I guess you’re not really aware of how much you had hurt me all these times. But up until now, the pain still lingers within me.

I guess pain is my new best friend now, huh? It never leaves my side. It never fails to remind me how stupid I was to do those things. Then, there are also things I wish I didn’t do. Every time I see you, the wound just goes deeper.

Much deeper.

And I knew it won’t be long before I come crashing down.

 

Flashback (Before high school graduation)

*Phone Conversation

“Jessi, I got the mail from Seoul University! Have you received your yet?” Tiffany said excitedly.

“Yup. I got mine too. Have you opened it yet?”.

“Nope! Let’s do it together!”

“Alright. Let’s do this. On the count of three. One. Two. Three!” I opened the envelope and read its contents. My eyes widened and I was very shocked to even talk.

“KYAAHHHHHHHH! Jessi, I passed! OMO! This is sooo cool!” Tiffany squealed like a child and it brought me back to my senses.

“Tiff, I-“

“I’m so excited! We’re going to the same university with the same classes. We’ll be living in the same dorm and be roommates! I wish the room is pink though. But still, we’re still together through college!”

“You s-“.

“And we’re going to make lots of friends there too! This is gonna be great!”

“Tiffany..”

“Oh! We should prepare our papers now. Enrolment’s coming up soon. We need to be ready. This is it, Je-!”

“Please stop, Tiff”

“Come on. I know you hate studying but I promise that-“

“I didn’t pass” Jessica whispered through the phone but still enough for Tiffany to hear.

“Wh-what”? Tiffany couldn’t register what Jessica had said.

Jessica inhaled deeply before speaking again.

“I failed the entrance exam, Tiffany. I didn’t make it.” Jessica was about to cry.

“You’re only kidding, right?”

“DAMN IT, Tiffany! I’m not! I wish I was joking about all of this but I’m not!” Jessica yelled as the tears she held back were escaping from her eyes.

“But you promised me…”

“I’m really sorry Tiff. I wish I could come with you but… I’m so sorry”.

“Toot. Toot. Toot”.

 

The line went dead.