Chapter 28

What Happened to Us?

 

Author’s POV

 

The cool breeze brushed through her fair skin. The silence around her is deafening. She can’t help but to feel the loneliness that embraced her heart through all these years. She knelt beside the cold marble and ran her fingers through the name that was engraved on it.

 

“Unnie, I miss you.”

 

She sat on the ground and leaned her body on the marble. Once her skin made contact with it, she felt the warmth around her as of someone was hugging her at that time. It was the same kind of warmth that kept her coming back. It was the same kind of warmth that can only come from one person. It makes her comfortable. She looked at the sky and chuckled bitterly.

 

“You predicted this to happen huh? You’ve always told me she was someone special. I guess I made the wrong choice of not believing in you. You were right about her. But, if Jessica becomes happy, does that mean you’ll be happy up there too?”

 

She closed her eyes and sighed.

 

“But what about me? Would you wish for my happiness as well as you did for her? Even if you did, I doubt it can happen. You’ll never come back to me.”

 

When emotions build up inside, you’ll find it hard to keep it in. sooner or later, you’ll find yourself bursting every emotion you tried to suppress for too long. And that’s what is happening to Chaerin right now.

 

“You’re so unfair! You asked me to be a good friend to everyone. You told I should help them out, that everyone deserve to be happy at some point. But you never thought of me. You never asked me if I was happy or not… you only cared about them. But still, I did as you wished though it breaks me every time. Why? It’s because every time I see them happy together, I wish it was me and you in their place. Am I being selfish for wishing that? I think not.”

 

Chaerin took out Tamtamie from her bag and flicked its forehead. She then made the plushie sit beside her. She smiled sadly as the bittersweet memories flashed before her eyes.

 

“You’d always favor Jessica over me. You’d always ask how she was doing in our class. You’d always ask if she was eating properly during lunch break or if anyone in the school bullies her.

 

Heck, you even asked me to be friends with her!

 

What’s up with that? I really thought you wanted me to die already when you came up with that ridiculous idea. You have no idea how hard it was to approach her. She rejected everyone back then. I even had to ask help from those three to get close to her. It wasn’t easy, you know. But somehow, I’m grateful for that. I don’t regret being her friend.”

 

Tears started to roll down her cheeks and she didn’t bother to wipe them off. Her makeup was already ruined like how the wall she built around her crumbled down. She was at her weakest and yet nobody was there to witness it. Or maybe there is because the rain started pouring down, as if the skies heard her cry.

 

“Unnie, I’m so sorry. I apologize for not understanding your reasons before. But don’t worry. I get it now. I fully understand why you want me to help Jessica and I’ll do just that.”

 

She stood up and gazed at Tamtamie.

 

“The puzzle is almost complete. All that’s left is for me to find her. I’m putting a stop to this.”

 

------------------

Tiffany’s POV

 

I was sitting at the edge of the bed, waiting for Jessica to come out of the shower. What’s taking her so long? She’s been there for almost an hour already! Aish! Don’t tell me she fell asleep again.

 

Should I go check on her?

 

What was I thinking? That’s invasion of privacy!  But what if something bad happened to her?

 

ARGH! FINE! I’ll just… check. Nothing more.

 

I stood up from the bed and walked to the bathroom door. I breathed deeply before knocking. “Jess, are you okay in there?”

 

There was no answer. I bit my lower lip. Should I go in or not? Come on Tiffany. You’re not going to do something with her. You’re just going to check on her.

 

Right.

 

I turned the knob. It wasn’t locked at all. I pushed the door and stepped in. I gasped at the sight. My jaws dropped to the floor as I watched Jessi apply shampoo in her hair. She was humming to something and I think she didn’t notice my presence at all.

 

I gulped. My eyes gazed as the water flowed in every part of her body; from her hair to her neck, to her curves and down her thighs.

 

Fine! I AM jealous of the water.

 

I started to fan myself as I felt heat rushing through every part of my body. I didn’t know she was THIS hot! I guess I missed out a lot in all those years. I took a step closer and a song played in my imagination.

            I can tell you’re looking at me

I know what you see.

            Any closer and you feel the heat.

You don’t have to pretend that you didn’t notice me

Every look will make it hard to breathe~

 

I can’t take it any longer. I sneaked behind her and hugged her waist, kissing her bare shoulder. I felt her body stiffen.

 

“Tiff? What are you…”

 

“Hush. Let’s just stay like this for a while.”

 

“Y-you’ll get wet.”

 

“That’s nonsense, baby. I am already wet.”

 

I started running my fingers around her stomach while planting light kisses on her neck.

 

“Mmm…”

 

I can’t see her face but I know she’s blushing. Not to mention, she’s clearly enjoying it too. I made her face me and wrapped my arms her neck. I pulled her closer to me and stared into her eyes lovingly. I my lips and leaned closer to capture hers but she turned her head, making me miss.

 

“What’s wrong, babe?”

 

“You still have your clothes on. That’s not fair!” Jessi pouted.

 

Aww. That’s cute!

 

I laughed at her antics. “Alright Jess. Why don’t you take it off for me?” I said seductively.

 

Jessi pulled me closer to her. I can feel her chest upon mine. I looked at her and she has this grin on her face. “Let’s take it slow.”

 

I am so ready for this.

 

---------------

Author’s POV

 

Taeyeon was pacing back and forth in her room. Frustration was evident in her face. After a few minutes, she grew tired so she lied in her bed with her arm over her head. She gritted her teeth. Deep in her own thoughts, she ignored the sound of the doorbell.

 

“This is NOT happening. No! You still have your chance, Taeyeon.” She keeps on saying to herself.

 

She turned to her right and saw her phone. She grabbed it and searched for a certain contact number. She stared at it for a few seconds.

 

“You have no choice Taeng. If you want her to be yours, you have to do this! It’s now or never.”

 

Taeyeon breathed deeply before pressing the call button. She held the phone to her ear and after a few ring, the person on the other line picked it up.

 

“We need to talk. Now.”

 


A/N: Hey, everyone! Fast update huh? Kkkk. I'm sorry for this chapter. Hmm... I don't know what came to my mind when I wrote this.

And... WHERE ARE ALL THE PH SONES? Have you seen Tiffany's brother earlier on Minute to Win It? Gaah! I watched it and I was spazzing because of this. He also has that eyesmile like our Fany. Keke. Now, we can totally hunt him down and ask for Tiffany's sign. Lol.

Thank you all to the subscribers, voters and especially those who comments! I appreciate it guys. Tell me what you think of the JeTi moment this chap. I am not confident enough on that. Forgive me? XD