Chapter 11

What Happened to Us?

 

 

Author’s POV

 

After spending time with her brother, Chaerin went straight into Sunny’s restaurant. She already called Jessica and told her to meet up there.

 

She was sitting in her favorite part of Sunny’s food house; the far end where people won’t notice her but it’s just the right place to see everything.  A moment later, Sunny walked in with Chaerin’s order of milkshake and sat in front of her.

 

“Don’t have much work to do or is the boss just being lazy?” Chaerin teased.

 

“Shut up, CL. It’s just that it’s too boring here without Sooyoung asking for something to munch on every moment.” Sunny frowned.

 

“Speaking of that giant, where is she and why isn’t she bothering you?” Chaerin asked.

 

“She said there is an emergency with her sister. Something about a huge black bear attacking Sulli. I really don’t know. She said she can handle it herself and asked me to stay here.”

 

“Oooh. Jealous of her little sister? Hah! Really now, Sunny? Really?” Chaerin mocked her.

 

“NO! Of course not! Why would I? Stop that or I’ll make you pay all the food you ate here since this opened up.” Sunny threatened her friend.

 

“On second thought, you know I’m ju-“

 

Chaerin’s attention turned to a rushing girl who just went in. Her hair was in a mess and her clothes was… well, unusually mismatched.

 

“You’re early as usual. By the way, you have a great sense of fashion today.” Chaerin looked at her from head to toe. “You should open your own boutique.”

 

Jessica ignored her friend’s remark and sat beside Sunny who was frowning at Jessica’s choice of clothes.

 

“Seriously, Sica? What happened to you? You looked like you got mobbed by those people with large torches.” Sunny said.

 

Jessica sighed. “I had to take care of some other things. I rushed here because you sounded serious when you said… Never mind. Why do you want to talk to me anyway?”

 

Chaerin pulled out a calling card and handed it to Jessica.

 

“There’s a vacant position in oppa’s company and I thought you might want to take it. I already talked with Sungmin oppa and he approved of you. He only waits for your decision. Your compensation will be triple from your current company’s pay. Plus, there are also lots of employee benefits. Krystal can be a scholar of the company’s foundation. If you accept it, you can start next week.”

 

“OMO! This is great! What position will it be? I can start now!” Jessica asked excitedly. Her eyes were sparkling with joy.

 

Chaerin and Sunny laughed. It’s very rare to see their friend act like a child. Most of the time, she was cold and serious to the strangers around her.

 

“Not until you quit your current job, Sica.” Sunny said.

 

“Right… Umm.. Sunny-ah, can you please help me with my resignation letter? Puhlease?” Jessica puffed her cheeks and used her puppy eyes.

 

IT”S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

 

Even aegyo queen Sunny can’t resist Jessica’s aegyo. They did the resignation letter in the restaurant and it was almost 2pm when they finished.

 

“Done! Now, I just have to submit this tomorrow. Thanks, CL! I owe you one!” Jessica got up from her seat and gave Chaerin a hug.

 

‘It’s you who I owe big time, Jessica’ Chaerin thought.

 

“Yah! I was the one who helped you with your letter and I don’t get a hug?” Sunny said with her patented aegyo.

 

“Of course, Sunny. Come here.” Sunny came close to Jessica and also hugged her.

 

‘I only hope for your happiness, Sica’ Sunny thought.

 

Jessica’s phone suddenly rang so she quickly answered it.

 

“Yoboseyo? Krystal?”

 

“…”

 

“WHAAATTT? You’re in the police station? Wh.. H-how?”

 

Jessica’s change of mood made Chaerin and Sunny take a few steps back. Fear was clearly seen in their eyes.

 

No doubt.

 

Hellsica mode is ON.

 

“…”

 

“You did what to Taeyeon’s brother? Seriously, Soojung? Just you wait. Don’t ever think about escaping from the police! I’ll be right there!”

 

Jessica stormed out of the restaurant without even saying goodbye to her friends.

 

CL and Sunny looked at each other and sighed.

 

“Krystal’s in BIG TROUBLE.” Sunny said.

 

“That brat is ALWAYS in trouble. She was born with it.” Chaerin said as-a-matter-of-factly.

 

“I wonder what happened?”

 

“If little Myungie is also involved, then we really can’t expect any better from little Jungie. You know the equation; Kim + Jung = Love Trouble.” Chaerin explained.

 

“Hmm.. Now that you mentioned it, that is true.”

 

Meanwhile, a certain Kim and Jung was having a conversation inside a white office.

 

“Aachooo!”

 

Seeing her girlfriend sick, a dark haired girl gave the blonde a box of tissues.

 

“I told you not to overwork yourself.”

 

The blonde took the box and pulled out the tissue. “I’m actually fine, thank you. It’s just that this is the season of getting sick.” And nightmares too.

 

“Hyoyeon, you should just give up on her. It won’t do you any good if you find her. Just let her live her life. As long as she doesn’t bother us, we have nothing to worry about.”

 

“No! I can’t do that, Nic. This has been my fault the entire time. I can’t let Sica get hurt. She’s your cousin. We have to protect her from that psycho.” Hyoyeon argued.

 

Nicole sighed and hugged her girlfriend. “if you help my cousin, that psycho will hurt you too. I don’t want that.”

 

“I can take care of myself.” Hyoyeon kissed her Nicole’s forehead.

 

‘I’m sorry, Nic. Guilt is killing me. I have to correct my mistake in the past. It’s the only way to make our present much better.’ Hyoyeon thought.

 

Flashback (When Hyo was 7 years old)

 

Little Hyo was playing with the little Jungs namely, Jessica and Nicole. They were on a vacation in Jeonju and their parents let them play in the park for a while. There were only a few kids at that time.

 

Little Nicole noticed a commotion going on near the slide. “Sica, Hyo, look over there! Something’s going on.”

 

Hyo and Sica turned their heads and saw what Nicole was talking about. Curiousity took over the three kids so they went over to have a look. Their jaws dropped with what they saw.

 

A little girl whose face was covered in blood was lying on the ground. Another girl was throwing punches at her.

 

No one dared to stop this horrific scene so Jessica stepped in and pushed the arrogant girl away

 

“YAH! Don’t you dare lay a finger on her. She’s hurt.” Jessica tried to help the girl to get up.

 

The bully was stunned with Jessica’s bold action. Never in her whole life as a 7-year-old has anybody go against her. She went closer and closer to Jessica’s position. Just before she could smack Sica’s head, Hyo interrupted the scene and dragged Jessica away, leaving the poor battered girl behind with the most heartless person they ever met.

 

End of flashback

 

‘A week later, I found out that the battered girl was hospitalized and the incident caused her too much trauma. As for the heartless girl, she had never been seen again in Jeonju. I felt guilty with my actions. I was a coward back then. If only I didn’t drag Jessica away and helped instead… Things could have been different. Then, I won’t be a part of this game anymore.’ Hyoyeon thought.

 

 A week later (At the CEO office of Lee Enterprises)

 

“Congratulations, Jessica-ssi. Welcome to the company. Sungmin shook his hand with Jessica.

 

“Thank you for this opportunity, Sungmin-ssi. I’ll do my best.” Jessica smiled

 

Suddenly, they heard a knock on the door.

 

Sungmin moved his knowing eyes to the door then back at Jessica. Jessica was confused but she kept shut.

 

“Come in.” Sungmin said.

 

The knob turned and the door opened.

 

“Good morning, Sir.”

 

Jessica froze in her place when she heard that familiar voice. She turned her head and saw the person she was longing for all these years.

 

Tiffany.

 

Tiffany was just as surprised. She almost dropped all the folders she was holding but she got hold of herself and kept her composure.

 

“Here are the documents, Sir.” Tiffany gave the folders to Sungmin. She acted as if Jessica was not in the same room as her.

 

“Thank you, Tiffany-ssi. By the way, let me introduce you to our new financial manager. Tiffany, this is Jessica Jung. Jessica, this is Tiffany Hwang. She’s one of the best marketing planners here.” Sungmin said.

 

“Pleased to meet you.” Tiffany said sternly.

 

‘Why, Tiff?’ Jessica thought.

 

“Nice to meet you too.” Jessica forced a smile.

 

“Now that’s settled, Tiffany, I want you to take Ms. Jessica for a tour around here. Can count on you?”

 

“Y-yes sir.” Tiffany reluctantly replied.

 

“Good. Now, off you go!” Sungmin sent both of them out of the room.

 

When the two were not in sight. Sungmin stretched his arms and smiled to himself.

 

“Aigoo. Those lovebirds… Chaerin is right all along…This is indeed an interesting game.”

 

 


A/N: Hey there! A lot of things happened when I was away huh? It's a good thing the problem is already resolved. Know what I mean? Oh well. Let's move on from that issue.

Sorry if JeTi's meeting was lame. I'll try to extend their awkward moments next chapter. And for those who's looking for Hyo, here you go! If you haven't notice, she was also the blonde girl from the first part of chapter 10... Yeah.

Hope you like this!