Chapter 12

What Happened to Us?

 

“Avoiding something doesn't always mean that you hate it. It could also mean that you want it, but you just know it isn't right.”

 


 

Author’s POV

 

Just as Sungmin ordered, Tiffany showed Jessica around the building. The latter can’t help but feel awkward while the former only showed formality to the newcomer. Tiffany’s cold treatment made Jessica all the while.

 

Jessica was just following Tiffany around. She never actually paid attention to what Tiffany was saying. Jessica’s mind was somewhere else and her thoughts were clouded at the moment. It’s as if her body acts differently because Tiffany was nearby.

 

Before she realized it, the tour was already finished and they were at the 9th floor where the marketing department was.

 

“Any questions, Jessica-ssi?” Tiffany said.

 

“H-huh? Ngg.. Yeah. Thanks for showing me around.” Jessica tried to catch Tiffany’s eyes but the latter avoided her gaze.

 

“You’re welcome. I’ll be going now.”

 

Before Tiffany could even walk away, Jessica grabbed her hand. “Tiff, wait.”

 

Tiffany quickly removed her hand from Jessica’s hand. Her eyes had its own mix of emotions. “Jessica-ssi…”

 

----------------------------------

Yoona’s POV

 

I was busy preparing for my report when I overheard two of my colleagues talking.

 

“Have you heard about the news?” One guy said.

 

“What news?” A girl responded.

 

“They said that the Accounting and Finance Department will have a new boss.”

 

“Well, it’s about time! That position has been vacant for quite a while now.”

 

“I know. The surprising thing is she’s only 24 years old. The past people on that job range from 30-45.”

 

“Wow.Isn’t she a little too young to be a financial manager?”

 

“Yes. Yes she is.”

 

A new manager for us? FINALLY! Now, things can be a lot easier in our department. I hope she’s good.

 

“Yoong!” I heard Seohyun’s voice from somewhere. Hmm.. Where is she? Oh. There she is! She’s walking towards me now.

 

“Seohyun. What happened?”

 

She looked at me confusedly. “What do you mean what happened?”

 

I looked at her with worried eyes. “YOU’RE NOT WORKING ON WORK HOURS! Omo! Are you sick?” I put my hand on her forehead to check on her temperature but she shoved it away.

 

“Aniyo. Ms. Park sent me here to look for you. She wants to talk to you about the upcoming project.”

 

“OH.” I nodded understandingly. “Now that you mentioned it, I was supposed to meet her earlier. Thanks for reminding me.”

 

“You’re welcome, Yoong. Anyway, Have you seen Tiffany unnie?”

 

“You’re looking at the wrong place. She is part of your department, remember?”

 

“Yeah. But someone said that the big boss sent her for an errand.” Seohyun’s face has a tint of worry. Hmm…

 

“I see. Well, I haven’t seen her today.”

 

“Okay. I’ll see you at lunch time then.” She smiled sweetly at me. She’s being weird again.

 

Right. I remembered I was supposed to discuss some matters with the head of the Marketing department. I got up from my chair and used the elevator to go to the 9th floor. When I got there, some of the workers greeted me and I just smiled at them.

 

Just as I was getting close to the Head office, I saw two figures on the hallway. I stopped walking because I felt my body shiver. How did it get this cold? Isn’t this building supposed to have a centralized air conditioning system?

 

Out of curiosity, I walked closer to where the two people were and I was certain that one of them is Tiffany unnie. As for the other one…

 

Wait a minute….

 

“Sica unnie!!!”

 

Author’s POV

 

Yoona ran towards Jessica and gave her unnie a big bear hug.

 

“Unnie…. What are you doing here? Missed me already?” Yoona teased.

 

“Aish, Yoong. You wish! Im Yoona, get off me right now! Too. Tight.” Jessica complained.

 

“Oh. Mianhe.” Yoona let go of Jessica. “Answer my question unnie. Whay are you here in our company?”

 

“Well… I’m the new financial manager here.” Jessica smiled proudly, totally ignoring the fact that Tiffany was still around.

 

“Omo! I’m gonna work under your supervision?” Yoona frowned and bit her lower lip. Jessica saw this and playfully slapped Yoona’s arm.

 

“What’s that supposed to mean? You don’t like working with me?” Jessica furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“N-no.. Kekeke. I’m actually happy that you’re my new boss.” Yoona smiled and hugged Jessica’s arm. “Aigoo. I missed spending time with you, unnie.”

 

Unknown to Jessica and Yoona, Tiffany was watching their interactions with a frown on her face. Not liking the scene in front of her, she walked away.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

It was a good thing that Yoona came right on time. At least, I don’t have to deal with Jessi right now. I know I can’t escape from her forever. Sooner or later, I have to tell her the whole truth.

 

I walked to my work station and sat on my chair. I pulled out an old picture from my drawer. It’s picture of me and Jessi when we were 10 years old. In the photo, both of us were eating ice cream that moment. Mine was strawberry while she had cookies n cream. Anyone can see the happiness plastered on our faces.

If only things can stay like that.

 

I smiled sadly. It’s been a very long time since I last saw Jessi’s smile for me.only God knows how much I missed her.

 

How much I love her.

 

Yes. I’ve been in love with my best friend since forever. If only I realized it sooner. All these times, I really thought that Yuri was the one for me. I thought I was in love with her.

 

I was wrong.

 

I only realized that I love Jessi when I was already dating Yuri in my freshman year in college. Don’t get me wrong. Yuri was sweet, caring and very kind. To anyone’s perspective, she may be the perfect girlfriend one can have. I also thought that way.

 

When we shared our first kiss, I felt empty. It wasn’t like what I watched in romantic films where the world slows down when the protagonists share their kiss.

 

In our case, sparks didn’t fly.

 

It was plain. And I felt nothing.

 

After the kiss, Jessi was the first person who popped in my mind. I remembered how she would show her enigmatic smile. I remembered how she bites her lips when she’s nervous. I remembered how she her lips whenever she would eat ice cream.

 

That’s how I knew it was Jessica all along. It had always been Jessica who I love. My heart had always been hers alone. It’s Jessi who I want.

 

It’s Jessi who I need.

 

And not Yuri.

 

“Ms. Tiffany Hwang!” I fell out of my chair because I was startled.

 

“Ugh..” I quickly stood up when I saw my boss glaring at me.

 

“What do you think you’re doing? This company is not paying you just so you can slack off.” Oh no. Ms. Bom isn’t having her good day today. Here comes trouble.

 

“I…um. I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.” I bowed at her and gave her one of my eyesmiles.

 

‘Please work. Please work. Please work’

 

“Nevermind. Just continue your work. We have deadlines, alright?”

 

YES! It worked! Thank goodness.

 

“Yes, ma’am.”

 

I sighed when she was finally nowhere in sight. Whew.

 

I turned my computer on and started to do my work. I needed to do this to take my mind off of Jessi.

 

I’d deal with her later. 

 


A/N: Fany, just get your Jessica baby already! Lol.

Ayo readers! I'm excited about this chapter and I don't know why. Maybe it's because Tiffnay finally had her own POV? Yay! Sorry if it took long enough. And, it's gonna be the last week of school this week so I might update more frequently.

 

On other things, I've seen pictures where Taeyeon and Tiffany went to Tokyo DIsneyland today. Awww. My JeTi heart... *sniff*