Epilogue

What Happened to Us?

 

“Every ending is another beginning. Every beginning is a sign that there will be an ending. Nothing is ever over yet nothing lasts forever.”

 

 

 

Loud music is being played in the background. Laughter filled the four corners of the dining room. The sound came from the familiar faces that gathered around the table. I could never hear whatever they are saying but judging from their happy faces, I can tell that they exchanged stories. Stories from the past whether good or bad, can make you happy in the present. It’s because past experiences make you stronger. It’s the one that you look back and then you just have to laugh at your own stupidity.

 

But not all stories are happy in the same way that not all stories are shared. Everyone has their own story to tell, but some actually do tell it while others keep it a secret.

 

Must I tell you mine?

 

I chuckled. I’m talking to myself again… mentally. Well, it has been a habit of mine. I think I got it from her. Hmm… let’s just say that I’m an introvert. Maybe that’s one thing that changed a lot. Now, let’s get back to the question. Do you want to hear our story? Are you ready to know,

 

 

What happened to us?

 

 

I leaned on the railings and shifted my gaze at them. They were still chatting and I guess they were oblivious to my presence. Most of them had their backs facing me. That explains it. Sigh. So, how do I get started?

 

How do I start the end?

 

My eyes landed on the couple wearing matching white shirts that formed the word ‘danshins’. Now if you’re thinking about Sunny and Taeyeon, you’re definitely correct. They got together a year after the incident. It wasn’t easy for them though. Sunny had been through a lot before she succeeded in making Taeyeon fall for her all over again. Well, Sunny had to wait for Sooyoung’s forgiveness before she pursued for Taeyeon. Fortunately, Sooyoung forgave Sunny after 3 months.

 

Speaking of the giant, she just choked when put a huge portion of the hamburger into . I snickered secretly. I’ll remember to later about it. Her face was still red after drinking a glass of water. I grinned to myself when I figured out that her red face wasn’t caused by that ‘dangerous food’. No, I believe that Soo is actually blushing and it’s all thanks to the other shikshin who was busy rubbing her back with one hand. Then, Sooyoung blushed even more when Yoona wiped off the ketchup from the corner of Sooyoung’s lips. I could only shake my head. At least, they matched each other perfectly.

 

I crossed my arms when I felt the cool breeze brush through my skin. It was a cold night. It was much colder than usual though, especially when she was not here beside me.

 

My eyes now focused on the two figures who were sitting awkwardly next to each other. More than a year had already passes but their relationship is far from being fine. I won’t blame them though. To be honest, after that incident, all of us are still getting used to Seohyun’s constant presence. If you’re wondering what happened, Chaerin actually found a way to stop Seohyun’s plan but she didn’t tell us how. Until now, it is still a mystery for all of us.  The next thing we know is that Chaerin insisted that we should accept Seohyun’s apology and give her a chance again, which we did. Don’t you ever mistake them as a couple though. Trust me, that's far from happening.

 

Looking at those people makes me reminisce the past. The past will always be a part of us but the present reminds us that we should keep moving forward. It is our reason for living.

 

I turned my back on them and looked at the view that’s surrounding me. My eyes searched for a certain person but I failed in finding her. It was then that I realized that I’m alone. My heart sank as I missed her presence.

 

“Where are you, Jessi?”

 

The cold wind blew through my hair.

 

I guess I got my answer.

 

I tucked my hair behind my ear and looked up the sky. My lips formed a smile when I felt her warmth surrounding me. I could never get used to it.

 

“Did someone miss me?”

 

Removing her arms around my waist, I turned around to face her. I pulled her closer to me until our noses touched.

 

“I told you Jessi. I hate waiting. Now, it’s time for your punishment.”

 

She pouted and brushed her lips against mine. Tilting her head a bit, she stared into my eyes lovingly. “What do I get for my punishment then?”

 

I stopped myself from smiling widely. I released myself from her embrace and took two steps back. she seems confused from my sudden actions.

 

“Your punishment is...

 

 

 

 

 

To be tied to Tiffany Hwang forever.”

 

 

I reached for her left hand and kissed it lightly. Taking out a tiny box from my pocket, I got down on one knee.

 

“Jessica Jung, will you marry me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…YES.”

 

 

 

 

FIN.


 

A/N: This is it guys!!! Hope you all like that. And if you're reading this, then I thank you!

This may not be the best JeTi fic out there but I am thankful for all my awesome readers. Sigh. My first fanfic taught me a lot and it'a all thanks to all of you guys. Thanks for staying with me till the end though fic had a very messy plot (never doing it again).

I really don't know how to say this but you guys inspired me alot. Now I know that the life of being an online writer is never easy. I hope we meet again on my other fics which I'm starting soon. I promise to get better for the sake of my readers.

AGAIN, I THANK ALL OF YOU. I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT OF GETTING THIS FAR...

 

There is no end but 'and'.

 

--------> BlackELF21, 05/18/13