Chapter 30

What Happened to Us?

 

Author’s POV

 

“Sica umma!” A little girl ran yelled and tackled Jessica, making Tiffany step back in surprise. The latter looked stared at the little girl who was now hugging Jessica’s legs.

 

‘Umma? Who the hell is this kid?’ Tiffany thought.

 

“Princess?” Jessica was just as surprised as Tiffany but nonetheless, she seemed happy in seeing the kid. Jessica bent down and carried the kid in her arms. Tiffany just stood there, silent.

 

‘But I thought I was your only princess?’ Again with Tiffany’s inner thoughts.

 

“Umma, Jieun missed you!” The little girl exclaimed.

 

“Aigoo. I missed you too, little princess.” Jessica said as she ruffled Jieun’s hair, making the kid giggle. Unknown to them, Tiffany was watching with a frown on her face.

 

Tiffany faked a cough and interrupted the little reunion of the two. She looked at Jessica with the message that says ‘Who is this kid?’ Jessica got Tiffany’s message so she introduced the two.

 

“Tiff, this little princess right here is Jung Ji Eun. She’s Yonghwa’s daughter. You remember Yonghwa, right?”

 

“Of course I do! He is that cocky cousin of yours. He is Nicole’s brother if I remember correctly.”

 

Jessica nodded, confirming Tiffany’s statement. Then she turned to the little Jung. “Jieun-ah, say hi to your Fany unnie.”

 

Tiffany showed her eyesmile and hoped to please Jessica’s niece with it. If only it didn’t look obviously awkward.

 

Jieun looked at Tiffany from head to toe. She blinked for a few times before she turned to Jessica and whispered, “Umma, your personal maid is scary.”

 

Jessica’s eyes widened at the kid’s remark and shifted her gaze at Tiffany. She gulped when she saw the fire in her girlfriend’s eyes. The irritation was clearly visible though Tiffany’s smile was still there. Yes. Tiffany heard it all.

 

‘Did she just mistaken me for… a maid? The nerve of this kid!’

 

Jessica took a few steps back with the kid still in her arms. She is actually afraid of what Tiffany might do. Tiffany was still glaring at the ‘innocent’ kid. Then, she pinched Jieun’s nose and whispered, “Fany is not a maid, Jieun-ah. She’s actually…”

 

“Your girlfriend.” Jieun finished Jessica’s sentence.

 

“H-how did you…”

 

“Nicole umma told me.” Jieun said boredly.

 

“Ni-Nicole?”

 

Jieun nodded.

 

‘NICOLE!!! YOU ARE SO DEAD WHEN I GET BACK!’ goes Jessica’s thoughts.

 

“Jieun-ah, apologize to your Fany unnie.”

 

Jieun shrugged her shoulders. “Okay.”

 

Jessica walked closer to Tiffany, who had her arms crossed. “Jieun-ah, what would you say?”

 

Jieun sighed before beaming her smile at Tiffany. “Mianhe, Fany unnie! Forgive me please?”

 

Jieun pouted and showed her puppy eyes. Jessica helped her niece by mimicking Jieun’s facial expression, which Tiffany finds irresistible. Soon enough

 

“It’s okay, Jieun-ah. I hope we can be friends, okay?”

 

Jieun nodded.

 

 

Jieun’s POV

 

“It’s okay, Jieun-ah. I hope we can be friends, okay?”

 

I nodded at her, faking a smile. Tch. How could someone like her be Sica umma’s girlfriend? I really thought Nicole umma is just tricking me. Pfft. But still, I should check on her, just to make sure she’s ‘the right one’ for Sica umma. I shouldn’t have agreed to the bet.

 

If you ask me, I still prefer Taeng unnie over her. Chae unnie would also be a good choice! But… why her?

 

Sica umma… you’re making it difficult for the TaengSic shippers! Why don’t you just get it on with Taeng unnie? Sigh. It’s not easy to go against JeTi shippers you know. Nicole umma, as the president of JeTi fanclub, is very stubborn and persistent. Whatever. I still go for TaengSic and ChaeSic! I’m still siding with Krystal umma on this.

 

“Jieun-ah…” Sica umma called me.

 

“Y-yes umma?” I asked innocently.

 

Sica umma narrowed her eyes on me. “Why are you here?”

 

I looked at her straight into her eyes and answered, “Because I’m awesome.”

 

Umma put me down and breathed deeply. Fany unnie came closer to her and whispered something in her ears. I think she’s trying to calm her down. Am I already in trouble? That can’t be. Umma doesn’t get mad at me.

 

“Jieun-ah!” I heard a familiar voice from afar.

 

Using my instincts, I quickly hid behind umma. She was startled and stared at me with a questioning look. I peeked and saw him walking towards us.

 

NOOO!!!

 

“Jieun-ah, where… Oh. Jessica-ssi?” I heard him say.

 

I stayed still behind umma while eavesdropping on their conversation. He shouldn’t see me or else I’m going to fail in my plan so I risked not having to take a look at their faces which should have been fun too.

 

“Uh. Minhyuk… what are you doing here?” I heard umma say.

 

“I-uh. Well… I’m actually…”

 

“What?” It was Fany unnie’s irritated voice this time.

 

I covered my mouth to hold my laughter. Keke. Someone’s jealous. I peeked a little and saw unnie glare at poor Minhyuk oppa. I wouldn’t blame her though. Minhyuk oppa had been crushing on Sica umma ever since he started working for appa. Tsk tsk. I got back to my hiding position and listened some more.

 

“I was looking for Jieun. She… ran away from me.” It was Minhyuk oppa’s defeated voice. I grinned to myself, remembering how I got away from his supervision. It was so easy.

 

Sica umma took a side step so there goes my hiding spot. I smiled awkwardly at them.

 

“Jieun-ah!” Minhyuk ran to me but I was quick enough to hold on tightly to umma’s pants.

 

“Hello oppa.” Was all I could say.

 

Minhyuk tried to catch me I quickly evaded him and ran to Fany unnie’s side. I hugged her legs tightly which made her startled. Good thing she relaxed soon.

 

Hmm. Her legs are smooth. She also smells nice.

 

YAH! It’s not like what you think! It’s just that…ugh. Fine! I think she’ll pass to be a member of Jung family… based on her looks. I just have to see if she is good enough on the inside as well. Hmm…

 

Minhyuk oppa took a step back when he looked at Fany unnie. Yes! Victory is mine! Keke.

 

“I think it will be better if you leave Jieun to us, Minhyuk. Where is your boss anyway and why are you here?” Sica umma said.

 

“Yonghwa-ssi is attending a seminar right now. Jieun wasn’t supposed to come here with him but she was very persistent. In the end, Nicole-ssi managed to convince him to take Jieun with him so he also asked me to come along and look out for Jieun. I’m really sorry about this, Jessica-ssi. Please don’t tell my boss that I almost lost Jieun. I don’t want to get fired.” Minhyuk oppa said before bowing 90 degrees.

 

I saw Sica umma sigh and glance at me and Fany unnie. Then she turned her gaze back to Minhyuk oppa.

 

“We’ll just take Jieun with us today. You can rest for the day and if Yonghwa looks for her, just tell him she’s with me. Okay?”

 

I’m coming with Sica umma? Assa!!!

 

Minhyuk oppa looked at me. I can clearly hear the message he’s sending me through telepathy.

 

‘Be a good girl, Jieun-ah. If you don’t, I’ll make you eat tomatoes for a month.’

 

Scary, right?

 

I meronged at him and stayed still in my koala position which I’m currently enjoying. He sighed and smiled at Sica umma.

 

“If you say so, Jessica-ssi. I’ll be going then. Umm. We’re staying at Lotte hotel at Room 241.”

 

“Alright Minhyuk. We’ll take good care of Jieun. Right Tiff?”

 

I looked up to see Fany unnie’s face but she just showed a blank expression. I wonder what’s wrong.

 

“I’ll be on my way. I’ll see you soon.”

 

With that, Minhyuk oppa left. I mentally danced around to celebrate. My mission is about to start.

 

“Jieun-ah, come here.” I heard umma say. I ran to her and held her hand.

 

“Tiff… let’s go.” Umma said as she offered her other hand. Fany unnie smiled and intertwined their fingers but… there’s something really wrong with her. I just can’t put my finger on it.

 

Well… that’s not my problem anymore, is it? Nope. Certainly not. I’m here for a purpose and I’m going to prove that Nicole umma is wrong! But can I actually do it? Of course I can!

 

Get ready Fany unnie. Prove yourself worthy of my favorite umma.

 


A/N: Hello people! How are you all today? This chapter... is boring. Keke. I'm not really feeling good but I feel that I should update today. Sorry if it's not good. And about me ending this story... I decided that I will make this a little longer instead of making a sequel.

On other things, there was a rumor that our beloved Fany actually went here in the Phils. just recently to see her brother. Is it true, sones? Hmm... I shouldn't believe it right away but my delusional mind isn't helping at all. XD

Anyway, thanks to forever12EXO for upvoting. ^_^ Also, can you guys answer the poll? Thanks! Leave comments too!