Chapter 17

What Happened to Us?

 

Author’s POV

 

A few days later…

 

“This is so boring.” A tall girl said.

 

The shorter girl let out a sigh. “Youngie, have you called Chaerin already? Why isn’t she here yet?”

 

The SooSun couple was at the park. They were supposed to meet Chaerin there because Sunny’s restaurant is currently being renovated.

 

“I already called her 4 minutes ago but it only goes straight to her voicemail.” Sooyoung said.

 

Sunny sighed for the nth time. They have been waiting there for almost an hour now. To add up to their frustration, the weather today is scorching hot plus it’s already noon.

 

Sunny rested her head in Sooyoung’s shoulder, causing the latter to be a little bit irritable and much hotter.

 

“Bunny-ah, it’s too hot already. Let’s save this skinship some other time.”

 

Sunny sat straight and glared at her girlfriend. She slapped her girlfriend’s arm and said, “If you don’t like the skinship, then YOU WON’T GET ANY!”

 

“Aigoo. I didn’t mean it like that. Forgive me, my little bunny.” Sooyoung her cute puppy eyes, hoping it would work.

 

Sunny didn’t like the fact that Sooyoung had to add the word ‘little’ so instead of giving in, she just crossed her arms. Sensing that she is not yet forgiven, Sooyoung put her arms around Sunny’s waist.

 

“Yah, Choi Sooyoung! Get off me! You’re all sweaty.”

 

Sooyoung released Sunny from the hug. “Then, you can wipe the sweat for me. Pretty please?” Sooyoung insisted.

 

The short gilr took out her handkerchief from her pocket then looked at Sooyoung. The latter smiled widely, thinking that her girlfriend has already forgiven her. With the straight face she still has on, Sunny threw the hanky straight into Sooyoung’s face.

 

“Go wipe it yourself.”

 

Before Sooyoung could utter a word, Chaerin arrived.

 

“Sorry about that. Taeyeon unexpectedly came to my place earlier. Seriously, that girl needs to get a life! Oh, wait. Jessica IS HER LIFE. Why am I not surprised?”

 

The couple looked at each other then turned to Chaerin who sat in the space between the two of them.

 

“Taeng? What’s the problem with her?” Sunny asked.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

I was about to leave my house when the doorbell rang. I opened the door only to see Taeyeon standing in front of me with her shady smile.

 

“I don’t have extra money.” I quickly said, attempting to close the door on her face. Unfortunately, she stopped me with my actions.

 

“Yah, I’m not here for that Chaerin. Is that your way of welcoming a guest? Geez.”

 

I just shrugged my shoulders and let her in. Looking outside, I saw how hot it was. Hopefully, SooSun can manage waiting for me while I deal with Taeng. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long conversation. Those two dorks could use some more Vitamin D on their skin anyway.

 

Taeyeon sat on the couch. “A glass of orange juice will be fine. Thank you!”

 

Eh? The nerve of this kid! I haven’t even offered her anything yet. Ugh.

 

I put down my bag and went to the kitchen to get some orange juice for myself and her majesty. Then, I went back to the living room and gave the midget what she wants. I took a seat across her and started the conversation.

 

“Tell me what you want, Taeng. I still have other things to do.”

 

Her face suddenly became tensed and serious at the same time. “I know this is a little too much but…”

 

I looked at her intently, waiting for her to continue what she wants to say. She gazed at the floor and sighed.

 

“C-can you p-please help me get in Sungmin oppa’s company?” She said, stuttering. I smirked at her. As I expected, Taeyeon is perfect for her role. The only sad thing is that she doesn’t know a thing about it. Well, it’s for the best.

 

Knowing her intentions fully well, I didn’t bother to ask her for her reasons.

 

She looked at me with those hopeful eyes. I know that she’s expecting me to help her out. Of course, I will. Just not in this way.

 

I’m sorry Taeng. I can’t. I got other plans for you.

 

“I’ll see what I can do.” I lied.

 

Her eyes suddenly lit up. “Really?”

 

“Yeah. Tell me something, this is for Jessica, right?”

 

I saw her blush upon hearing Jessica’s name.

 

Aish, this kid…

 

“I made my decision, Chaerin. I WILL MAKE JESSICA MINE.” She said while looking straight into my eyes. She said this with full conviction.

 

I stayed silent for a few moments. Is this really Kim Taeyeon in front of me? What she just said caught me off guard. This isn’t the Kim Taeyeon that I know since pre-school. This person in front of me is full of determination. Just by looking at her, one can see the fire burning in her eyes.

 

I couldn’t believe it. How could Jessica have this effect on THE Kim Taeyeon? It’s like a mystery to me. I guess Sunny’s right about one thing…

 

Life is a mystery.

 

I pulled myself together before giving her a reply. “What made you decide that?”

 

She gave me a sincere smile before answering my question. “I got this idea from Myungsoo. You see, my brother does not give up on his love. That’s why I’m thinking that I should the same thing too.”

 

“Your brother and that little Jung still have that battle going on? It’s been ages now.”

 

Taeyeon chuckled at my comment then grinned at me. “Kinda. Though it’s a bit different for them now.”

 

I tilted my head. I’m not really sure what she meant by that. But of course, I couldn’t care less so I didn’t ask further questions. I looked at the time and saw that I was already late.

 

“Uh-huh. Well, I’m really sorry Taeng but I have an important appointment. Let’s talk about this some other time, okay?”

 

Taeng stood up and stretched her arms. “Don’t forget to call me when something comes up.”

 

“I will. Now, get out!” I shooed her out of my house.

 

“This is getting so much better than I expected.” I said to no one in particular.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

Author’s POV

 

“Wow. Who would’ve thought Taeyeon would go that far for Sica?” Sooyoung said, still amazed at Chaerin’s story.

 

I was a bit surprised too. But of course, that’s exactly how we need her to be; aggressive and provocative.” Chaerin said.

 

“So are you going to help her get in the company?” Sunny asked.

 

“No.”

 

“But then, how is this plan of yours going to work?”

 

“You’ll find out real soon. And besides, it’s the two of you who I’m putting in oppa’s company.”

 

“Eh? Why does it have to be us? I think Taeyeon would do a better job.” Sooyoung said.

 

“Yah! You want to help Jessica, right? And now you are complaining. Do you really want to help or not?!”

 

The couple remained silent.

 

“That’s what I thought. Now listen. Sunny, your restaurant is under renovation so think of this job as a temporary source of income. There’s a vacant position in the Marketing dept. so I’m putting you there. Tiffany also belongs to that department so I want you to keep an eye on her. Got that?”

 

Sunny did a salute. “Aye, aye captain!”

 

Chaerin turned to Sooyoung. “As for you, giant, I know that your sidelines as a photographer are getting fewer. With your skills, I’m putting you in the Advertising dept.”

 

“WHAT? Can’t I be in the same department as my bunny?”

 

“You can’t. They might get suspicious if I put you in the same department. Anyway, the advertising dept. always coordinates with the Marketing dept. so you’d still see your girlfriend on a regular basis. Plus, I don’t want to cause too much trouble for the other employees. I don’t want them to witness your cheesy moments as a couple. That’s totally gross.”

 

“YAH!” The couple yelled while Chaerin just laughed at their reaction.

 

“So that’s it? When do we start this operation?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“As soon as I call you. I still have to inform Sungmin oppa first.” Chaerin replied.

 

“Alright! I’m excited about this!” Sooyoung did a fist pump.

 

“Now that I’m done explaining things, I need to go. Wait for my cue, arasso? See you!” Chaerin said, leaving the couple behind.

 

Feeling happy, Sooyoung attempted to hold Sunny’s hand but the latter was quick enough to avoid it.

 

“No skinship, remember?” Sunny rolled her eyes and walked away after that.

 

Sooyoung gulped.

 

This is going to be a long day for me.

 


A/N: The troublemakers are going to work in the company now. Those two will make things more exciting. kekeke. So, what do you guys think about the SooSun couple moments? I'm not really good in writing sweet stuffs, so mianhe. 

Anyway, a long chapter for all of you! You guys have been amazing so far. I'm so touched. *sniff*. I have cool readers! ^_^ v

Thank you so much okluiza for voting this fic and to all the new subbies.

Have a nice day ahead, everyone!