Chapter 23

What Happened to Us?

 

Author’s POV

 

The next day…

 

Jessica was on her way to work. She actually woke up earlier today and was happy.

 

Who wouldn’t?

 

Tiffany finally talked to her and accepted her as a friend again. Disregarding the fact that they got locked in the office, Jessica felt good after that talk though the truth was far from being revealed. Still, Jessica was grateful that she got her friend back.

 

“Good morning, everyone!” Jessica greeted everyone in her department much to the the surprise of the employees. Out of all the people working in the Finance Dept., the most surprised was Yoona.

 

“Good morning unnie.” Yoona said as Jessica stopped by her desk. “Did something good happen to you? You seem to be in a good mood today.”

 

“Aren’t I always in a good mood?” Jessica asked.

 

Yoona smiled and shook her head, making Jessica pout. The doe eyed girl laughed at Jessica’s reaction.

 

“Just kidding, unnie. But you can’t hide the fact that you’re happy about something. Care to share?”

 

Jessica smiled widely at Yoona. “Not now, Yoong. We’re still at work. I’d tell you later.”

 

“What about at lunch, unnie?” Yoona asked. She was really eager to know what’s behind Jessica’s good mood. Well, it was a rare sight to see.

 

Jessica stopped for a moment and thought about it.

 

‘Lunch? Maybe I should invite Tiffany… Hmm. That’s right!’ She thought.

 

She looked at Yoona and said, “I got other plans for lunch. Maybe tomorrow, okay?”

 

“But-“

 

“I promise it will be my treat tomorrow. Oh… and don’t forget the report I told you to do. I need that later. See you!” Jessica left before Yoona could even utter another word.

 

Yoona sighed as she watched Jessica disappear from her view. Then, she smirked.

 

“Sica unnie… I’ll make sure your wallet’s dead tomorrow!”

 

------------

 

Sooyoung was busy admiring her office. She almost cursed Chaerin when the latter made her the head of the Advertising Dept. but that was quickly forgotten the moment she stepped into her own office.

 

‘Chaerin knows me so well.’ She thought as she looked around the place.

 

Indeed, Chaerin does a good job in pleasing Sooyoung especially when she wants a favor for the latter. This was no exception. Aside from the modern look that the tall girl loved so much, Chaerin also put a mini fridge stuffed with Sooyoung’s favorite sweets.

 

The shikshin was eating her beloved chocolate when Chaerin came in.

 

“Good morning Chaerin” Sooyoung said.

 

“Morning.” The blonde replied, staring at the wrappers scattered around Sooyoung’s desk. Then, she turned her gaze at Sooyoung.

 

“What? I was hungry!” The tall girl defended

 

Chaerin just rolled her eyes and took a seat.

 

“What brings you here?” Sooyoung asked as she cleaned up the clutter.

 

“I think we should push them more.”

 

“Them? You’re talking about Tiffany and Jessica, right?

 

Chaerin nodded. “Yes. Well, I already managed to lock them up in my office yesterday and-“

 

“YOU LOCKED THEM IN YOU OFFICE?!!” Sooyoung shouted which made Chaerin cover ears and shot a glare at her friend.

 

Sooyoung looked away from the glare and chuckled nervously. “Sorry… So that’s why Jessica disappeared after coming to your office. Come to think of it, she never came back so we thought that you dragged her to come with you somewhere. You should’ve seen it! Taeyeon got frustrated so she left early. If she ever finds out what you did… ugh.  I wouldn’t want to know what she’d do.”

 

“Well, that’s one of the reasons why we shouldn’t tell her.”

 

Sooyoung sighed. “So what’s the next step?”

 

“For the meantime, keep an eye on those two. Take note of how they interact with each other.” Chaerin paused and leaned back.

 

“And… be careful with Taeng.”

 

-------------------------

 

Tiffany was in her office preparing for the meeting. She missed it yesterday so she thought she should be ready. She doesn’t want Chaerin to get mad at her again. As what Jessica told her, the blonde has odd ways to settle things between her subordinates. One thing is certain though.

 

She doesn’t want to get locked inside an office again.

 

If it was Jessica, she doesn’t mind. Tiffany would love to get locked inside an office if she was with her Jessi. After years of separation, they are once again friends. Of course, Tiffany is surely happy but she still had some other worries on her mind.

 

She took out a piece of paper from her pocket and read the message for the nth time. She frowned at it. She doesn’t know what to think. The message was short yet it still bothers her.

 

                        Be happy. – Yuri

-----------------

 

The meeting for the project starts at 10am. It was only 9:30 but Sooyoung, Tiffany and Jessica were already at the conference room. Taeyeon hasn’t arrived yet so Sooyoung used this opportunity to her advantage.

 

“Sica, what happened to you yesterday? You never came back when you said youre going to Chaerin’s office. Did something happen?” Sooyoung said, acting like she knew nothing.

 

Jessica looked at each other then shifted their gaze at Sooyoung who was smiling smugly.

 

“Uh… I suddenly got a head ache so I went home right away.” Jessica reasoned.

 

Sooyoung nodded her head and pretended to buy Jessica’s explanation. Then she turned to Tiffany. “What about you Tiffany? You also disappeared.”

 

Now, all eyes are on Tiffany. Jessica also got curious as to why Tiffany left without informing them.

 

“I-uh..”

 

“GOOD MORNING!” Taeyeon’s entrance saved Tiffany from being in the hot seat.

 

‘Nice timing, Kim Taeyeon.’ Sooyoung thougt while Jessica only sighed.

 

Taeyeon put her things on the table and eyed the three who were silent. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing.” Tiffany quickly said, faking a smile at the shorter girl.

 

Taeyeon ignored her and sat beside Jessica. “Let’s start.”

 

Sooyung looked at Taeyeon and Tiffany. She gulped. She could sense the tension building up.

 

‘Chaerin… Bunny… HELP!’

 

------------------------------

*After the meeting

 

Sooyoung stretched her arms and breathed deeply as if she was at the countryside. “I’m free!”

 

“You sound like you just got out of jail. What we had was a meeting, Sooyoung.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Yeah. Meeting of the minds and hearts.” Sooyoung mumbled so no one would hear her.

 

The tall girl was glad that their meeting was over. She couldn’t stand the atmosphere inside. She was forced to watch as Tiffany and Taeyeon had some ‘heated discussions’ regarding the project. It’s like watching a debate between two presidential candidates.

 

It was formal, but it was also personal.

 

Jessica approached Tiffany who was still fixing her things.

 

“Tiffany.” Jessica nervously said.

 

“Y-yes?”

 

“Uh… would you like to have-“ Jessica was cut when a girl came in and hugged Jessica from the back. Everyone in the room widened their eyes.

 

“Missed me?” the girl said.

 

Jessica released herself from the hug and turned to the girl. Her face also showed a sign of surprise.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

 


A/N: I finally bought myself a pen! What kind of writer doesn't even own one? Haha. I also got a cute notebook to write on. ^_^

Tell me what you think people! And you can also suggest what I should write next chapter since I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions?

Also, thanks to the upvoters afan486 and ellavodge18. One more till the 100th subscriber! Woah!

And finally... I express my deepest gratitude to the ones who comment regularly. I LOVE YOU ALL!