Chapter 3

What Happened to Us?

 

 

After our talk that night, things between us stayed the same. Or so I thought it had. Now that I think about it, I guess I was just too stupid to even notice that our friendship was then falling apart.

 

We were falling apart.

 

And that’s something that I never wanted to happen. Something that I was dreading not to occur to us. But it did. And I regret it until now.

 

Flashback

            “Where is she?! She should’ve been here minutes ago! How dare she waste my effort of waking up early”

I was waiting for Tiffany in front of her house and I rang her doorbell several times but all my efforts were in vain. She lived alone in her house because her parents were out of the country so there was no one else who could’ve opened up for me.

I was getting annoyed. Tiffany told me to pick her up early today but she ditched me. Aish. That girl. If only I don’t love her…

I decided to Tiffany to check on her.

“Ring ding dong. Ring ding dong”. (A/N: I can’t think of a better ringtone. So there you go. Lol)

Tiffany didn’t answer my call which means:

A.)  She forgot to charge her phone.

 

B.)  She’s still sleeping.

 

C.) She’s afraid that I will yell at her for being late

 

D.) She’s taking things slow in a shower

 

I’m not really good in exams but I’d be placing my bet on the last one. Tiffany takes FOREVER in the shower.

I sighed for nth time.

Just then, a ball came rolling and it stopped in front of me.

“Noona! Can you pl-“. He stopped when I looked at him. The kid got the ball by himself, bowed ninety degrees for me and ran away. I wonder what’s wrong with that kid?

I noticed Tiffany’s neighbor smiling at me. I find it weird since we never had a proper conversation before.

Out of courtesy, I greeted her. “Good morning Ahjumma”.

“Good morning to you too, Jessica. Are you perhaps waiting for your lover?”

“Eh? Lo- Lover?,” I raised my eyebrow as I was pretending to not know anything.

The ahjumma grinned at me. “Who else? Tiffany, of course”.

My eyes widened at her remark and I tried to hide my reddening cheeks.

“Ti-tiffany? N-no. You must be mistaken. Oh! Look at the time! I’m late! We-well, I gotta go now. Good day to you!.” I bowed at her and walked away.

‘Seriously? Was it THAT OBVIOUS that I like Tiffany? It’s okay, Jessi. Tiffany is as oblivious as ever. You can count on that.’  I told myself.

I stopped walking when I heard someone familiar. Just the sound of her voice makes my heart beat faster. It was no other than my Fany, Fany, Tiffany! She was talking to that pestering ahjumma earlier.

“Good morning! Um, have you seen Jessica waiting for me here?”

“Good morning, Tiffany. Jessica? You mean that beautiful girlfriend of yours who seemed so lost in her own world? Yes. She just left before you came out from your house. If you go now, you might still catch up to her. She looked really mad though”, the ahjumma answered.

GIRLFRIEND? Argh. That ahjumma is sooo gonna get it next time! It’s at times like this that I’m thankful to Tiffany’s denseness.

Then, I heard Tiffany again. “She’s mad? Omo! I’m dead!”

Yes. Yes, you are

When I heard her footsteps coming close, I quickly started walking too so she won’t notice my eavesdropping session earlier.

“Jessi!”, she called to me but I just ignored her.

“Jessi, wait up for me!”. She called out once more and this time I turned my head around to face her only to show my icy side.

She caught up to me and held my hand. I felt electricity running through me when the contact happened. It’s getting stronger than before. This is not good.

“I’m really sorry for keeping you waiting! Please forgive me Jess? Pretty please?”. Tiffany looked at me with her puppy eyes again and once again, THE Great Jessica Jung lost.

Why?

 

Well, it’s just that…

 

Her eyes... (Make the stars look like they’re not shining)

 

“It’s okay. Just don’t do it again next time. You know how much I value my sleep!”. I pretended to be still mad at her.

“It won’t happen again!” She said while squeezing my hand. I looked at our hands that held each other and Tiffany did the same.

“Are you uncomfortable? It’s alright if you don’t want to”. Tiffany pouted

She suddenly let go of my hand but I quickly grabbed it back.

“No. It’s alright. Let’s walk like this. I like it this way”. I whispered the last sentence for her not hear.

Then, we walked to school like that. Hand in hand.

 

This is one of the few moments of happiness with her that I forget how much pain I’m in because of loving my best friend. 

 


A/N:Yuri will be coming in the next chapter. Who's up for Yulti? No one? Oh well.

To all who's asking for longer chapters, I tried to but alas! I'm a failure. I actually wrote a longer chapter 3 but I don't have the energy left to type it today. I'll try to update on Wednesday! Thanks guys!

Side note: There will be SS5 in our country! Hurrah! I'm gonna start saving up. :)

 

Please do comment and subscribe!

--->your lazy author