Chapter 19

What Happened to Us?

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

The amusement park was crowded. I should’ve known. It’s Sunday after all. Of course, lots of families as well as couples spend their time together during Sundays and the amusement park is one of the customary destinations.

 

As for me, I’m here for a special reason. This isn’t my original plan. My plan was to lock those two noonas of mine inside a restroom and let them settle things there. But the brat disagreed. Therefore, things came to this.

 

I guess playing cupid for your sister doesn’t hurt, right? Sigh. If only the royal highness picked some place other than this.

 

“What are we waiting for?” my sister asked.

 

I hesitated in answering her question. It was a relatively easy for me to make her come with me without getting suspicious. All I had to say was that there is a giant dookong doll that they sell here and she gladly came along.

 

I shifted my gaze at the crowd and found what I was looking for. From afar, I can see that one was chasing another, like a predator hunting for its prey. How cute. I wonder how she managed to get her sister here.

 

I felt my sister pull my shirt. “Myungie, I want tha- Sica?”

 

The two had ceased running when they saw us. Jessica noona was just as surprised as my sister. “Hi Taeng.”

 

I looked at my sister and Jessica noona. I think they’re in their world again. Tss. The sight of them makes me want to bump their heads together. You know, get it over with. But I bet the bratinella right here thinks otherwise. Speaking of the devil, she interrupted the two again.

 

“Taeyeon unnie! I missed you!” The brat said as she clung to my sister’s arm.

 

Is that what she calls aegyo? Jessica noona can do better than that. I rolled my eyes at her childish antics.

 

Definitely NOT cute.

 

“Hey Krystal, I missed you too.” My sister said as she ruffled Krystal’s hair.

 

“I didn’t think I’d see you here, Taeng. I see you’re spending quality time with your brother.” Sica noona finally spoke.

 

Quality time with me? Not really.

 

My sister gave me a ‘I-know-what-you-just-did’ look before saying, “We were actually just roaming around.”

 

Crap.

 

I rummaged through my bag to find something that could save me.

 

Where is it? Aha! Found it!

I tossed the thing to Taeyeon noona before she could utter another word. Yes people. Taeyeon noona might look like a kid but she’s a hell lot scarier than Jessica noona in her HellSica mode. Trust me, you don’t want to find out.

 

“Since when did you take a liking to Polaroid cameras? And why do you have two of them?” Taeyeon noona asked as she examined the camera that I gave her.

 

“For convenience.” I replied nonchalantly, gazing at the ground.

 

“Or maybe you just don’t have enough talent to take good pictures with a SLR camera.” The brat butted in. I was about to retort back but she let out a high-pitched scream which startled us.

 

“OMO! Is that SNSD?”

 

We looked at the place where the brat pointed at but I found no SNSD member there. All of a sudden, I felt Krystal grabbing my hand and dragging me away.

 

This is how she planned this? How original.

 

We stopped running as soon as we got far away from them.

 

“I think we lost them.” I heard her say as she sat in one of the benches. I sat beside her, still panting from all the running.

 

“What do we do now?” I asked as I leaned back and closed my eyes out of tiredness.

 

I heard a clicking sound and felt a cold metal around my wrist. I opened my eyes and looked at what she just did.

 

“YAH! What the hell is this?” I said as I raised my arm. Apparently, she also had this on her right wrist while the other was on my left. What is this girl thinking?

 

“A handcuff, duh. You might run away from me again. “It’s time for revenge, Myungie.”

 

“Are you crazy? Where are the keys?!”

 

She raised her brow. “This thing has a key?”

 

I looked at her in disbelief.

 

I’m doomed.

 

*

The next day… (Monday)

 

Author’s POV

 

It was Soosun’s first day at work at the Lee Enterprises. Like all Monday mornings, the street was filled with busy people hurrying to get to their workplace. Sooyoung and Sunny was no exception.

 

Luckily for the couple, they made it just in time. It seems that there’s an assembly going on at the lobby of the building.

 

“What’s going on? Are we having a party?” Sooyoung asked one her colleagues.

 

“Aniyo. I think there’s going to be an announcement.” Her colleague replied.

 

The couple nodded and turned their attention to where everyone was looking. Their jaws dropped when they saw someone.

 

“CHAERIN?” Sunny said loudly, gaining everyone’s stare. CL just rolled her eyes and spoke sternly. “Good morning everyone. I’ll get straight to the point. My brother, Lee Sungmin, left for Japan to settle some things. For the meantime, I, Lee Chaerin, will be taking over his position as CEO.”

 

The crowd remained silent. Chaerin eyed them with an intimidating look. Then, a bright idea popped up in her head.

 

“I would like to take this opportunity to welcome our newly hired employees. From this day, Ms. Lee Soonkyu will be part of the Marketing team and since Ms. Park Bom has already reassigned to another branch, I’m promoting Ms. Tiffany Hwang as the new marketing manager.”

 

Suddenly, the crowd froze and looked at Tiffany expectantly. Tiffany was shocked as well because she thought that Seohyun was the one who will be promoted. She came back to her senses and bowed. “I-I’ll do my best.” Looking up, she showed everyone her famous eyesmile. The crowd then applauded except for four certain people.

 

Chaerin faked a cough, gaining everyone’s attention back at her again. “Last but certainly not the least; please welcome Ms. Choi Sooyoung as the new head of the Advertising dept.”

 

The crowd applauded again and Sooyoung just smiled at them.

 

‘You never said anything about being a manager. I’ll get you for this, Lee Chaerin.’ Sooyoung thought.

 

“Without further ado, you people can go to workplace now. As for Ms. Choi, Ms. Jung and Ms. Hwang, I’ll see you in my office after ten minutes.” Chaerin said before leaving. The crowd dispersed, leaving three people behind; Sunny, Sooyoung and Jessica.

 

“So, what made you two decide to work here?” Jessica asked curiously.

 

Sunny tried to act normal. “I just need a temporary source of income. My savings may not be enough for my restaurant’s renovation so asked for Chaerin’s help.”

 

Jessica eyed Sooyoung, demanding for an explanation. “Y-you know me. Where my bunny goes, I go.”

 

Much to Sooyoung’s relief, Jessica seemed to believe it.

 

“Well, Chaerin’s here as well. That only leaves Taeng and we’ll be complete.” Jessica said.

 

The couple became mute for a few seconds and gave each other a knowing look.

 

“Hey, aren’t you supposed to meet Chaerin at her office?” Sunny said, trying to change the subject.

 

“Right. I almost forgot. I’ll see you at lunch, bunny.” Sooyoung pecked her girlfriend’s lips before dragging Jessica with her.

 

“Never do that in front of me again.” Jessica said.

 

“You’re just jealous.” Sooyoung said proudly, earning a glare from Jessica.

 

When they got to the CEO’s office, Tiffany was already there. This made Jessica feel a little bit awkward. Taking advantage of Sooyoung’s height, Jessica stood beside the giant, making sure that Tiffany won’t see her. Little did she know that the latter was glancing at her through the mirror at the walls. Jessica’s hiding was of no use at all.

 

 Chaerin was sitting in her throne with her legs and arms crossed; giving off that cold aura though she was clearly amused. She gave each one a folder and explained.

 

“The Park Group of Companies agreed to have a joint venture with us if we could develop a new product. The specifications and their own conducted research details is on that folder. I want you three to work on it as a team. I’m going to need your full cooperation because this is a big opportunity in our part.  Their company will also provide help through a representative that’s coming later. I expect a lot from you three so don’t disappoint me, got it?”

 

“Yes ma’am.” The three replied. It was weird for Sooyoung and Jessica to call Chaerin in such a formal way. Besides, Sungmin wasn’t joking when he said that CL turns to a monster once she steps into the corporate world.

 

Then, Chaerin’s secretary came in. “Ms. CL, Park Group’s representative is here.

 

CL nodded. “Let our guest in.”

 

The secretary left and after a few moments, the representative entered the room. Upon seeing the person, Jessica and Tiffany’s eyes widened.

 

‘Taeng… again?’ Jessica thought.

 

‘Not that girl again.’ Tiffany thought.

 

“OMO! SICA-YAH!” Taeyeon forgot about the other people inside the room and gave Jessica a huge bear hug.

 

Sooyoung watched them and smirked.

 

‘Aigoo, Chaerin-ah. You’re one sneaky fox.’ She thought.

 

But then when she turned to Chaerin, she saw a surprised expression on the blonde’s face.

 

Wait. CL didn’t do this? Then how…

 


A/N: FORGIVE ME READERS! I know that I said I'll give you Tiffany's POV for chapter 19 but this has to come first. But, Tiffany's POV will be for chapter 20 and I'll post it tomorrow since I'm half-way done writing it.

Hope you like this chapter! And yes... It was Myungsoo who Krystal called last chapter. kkkkk

I appreciate all the new subscribers and those who always comments. I LOVE YOU GUYS! Please don't be silent readers... It makes me less motivated.

Have a nice day!