Chapter 13

What Happened to Us?

 

Author’s POV

 

Weeks have passed and there wasn’t any progress between Jessica and Tiffany. Since both of them worked in different departments, they didn’t have the chance to talk to each other. Rather, it’s safe to say that Tiffany was the one avoiding Jessica the entire time.

 

Jessica wasn’t happy about this. In fact, this only made her more curious. These past few weeks, she’d been trying to figure out a way to talk to Tiffany.

 

“Yoong, how’s Tiffany doing all these times?” Jessica asked. They were inside Jessica’s office doing analysis on their next upcoming project.

 

Yoona looked up from her laptop and stared at Jessica with worry visible on her eyes. “Unnie, I suggest that you should forget about her already. You know, you should just move on.”

 

“And I thought you were on my side. Why did you say that Yoong?”

 

Yoona sighed. “Tiffany is not the same as before. When she got together with Yuri, she changed dramatically. At first, Seohyun and I thought that unnie was just busy spending time with Yuri. And that she lacked time for us. But as time passed by, she also grew distant with me.”

 

“You mean, she’s also ignoring you like what she does to me?”

 

“Not as bad as she treats you but yes. She does give me cold treatment too. But as far as I know, Seohyun’s still intact with her. Honestly, I don’t know what I did wrong. I also tried to approach her before college graduation. In the end, she just shoved me off.”

 

Yoona sighed once again before she continued. “Then, I applied in this company when I found out she’s working here too. Thankfully, I got in. that’s the reason why I still have some news about her. I did it for you unnie. I know how much you cared about her.” Yoona reached for Jessica’s hand and squeezed it.

 

“I know, Yoong. And I’m grateful for that.” Jessica smiled at her. “So, you said Seohyun is still in friends with Tiff?”

 

“That’s what I know. I tried my best to squeeze some information form Seohyun but she declined it. She said that she doesn’t want to be in bad terms with Tiffany unnie.” Yoona elaborated.

 

Jessica nodded. “I see.”

 

‘Maybe I should talk to Seohyun first.’ Jessica thought.

 

“Thanks Yoong. I owe you a lot. How about I treat you to lunch today?”

 

“REALLY?!” Yoona said excitedly. She has a huge smile plastered on her face.

 

Jessica laughed at her friend’s antics. “Yes Yoong. Geez, you should meet Sooyoung. You two will match perfectly in an instant.”

 

“Nah. I’d rather meet that Taeyeon… and that Chaerin too.”

 

“Wae?”

 

“Because you mention them a lot of times. I think that they are good friends of yours. I can trust them.” Yoona smiled to herself.

 

“They ARE my good friends, Yoong. Don’t worry. I’ll introduce you to them if ever get the chance. Right now, grab your bag and let’s get going! I’m really starving.”

 

“Yay!!! Free lunch!” Yoona threw both of hands up in the air and wiggled her body. Jessica’s jaw dropped and she glared at Yoona for doing such a childish thing. Yoona stopped her ‘wiggle dance’ when Jessica grabbed her in her ear.

 

“Let’s go, you shikshin.”

 

“Yaw-aw-aw.” Yoona groaned in pain.

 

------------

They went to an Italian restaurant near the company. The truth was, Jessica wanted to go to Sunny’s place so she can have a discount but it’s a 30 minute drive and they only had an hour left on their lunchbreak.

 

They ordered two large pizzas and two servings of lasagna. They were patiently waiting for their orders when two girls entered the restaurant.

 

Jessica had her back facing the entrance so she didn’t see who it was. Obviously, Yoona saw who came in her eyes almost bulged out.

 

“What’s the matter Yoong?” Jessica questioned.

 

“N-nothing unnie.” Yoona replied. Yoona exhaled in relief when Jessica didn’t suspect anything.

 

Seohyun and Tiffany sat somewhere a bit far from where Jessica and Yoona were. It also seems that SeoFany hasn’t noticed YoonSic because they were busily talking and laughing with each other.

 

Yoona kept her eyes off SeoFany so that Jessica wouldn’t notice their presence.  Yoona’s plan is to let SeoFany be the first one to go out and they will follow. That way, there won’t be any complications done.

 

Unfortunately, a tanned girl also went inside the restaurant and this made Yoona panic. What made things worse for her was…

 

“Hey, is that you Sica?” the tanned girl asked.

 

Jessica looked up to see Yuri smiling at her. In Yoona’s eyes, it was clearly a smirk.

 

“Y-Yuri. Hi. W-what are you doing here?” Jessica stuttered. Being around Yuri made her nervous.

 

“I’m about to have lunch with Tiffany and Seohyun today. Care to join us?” Yuri offered.

 

“W-well… You see…” Jessica hesitated.

 

“Come on, Sica. For the old time’s sake?” Yuri pouted.

 

‘No, unnie. It’s a trap.’ Yoona thought.

 

She wished to grab Jessica and run away from that place but something’s holding her back. Maybe it’s the fear she’s feeling right now.

 

“Um… okay.” Jessica smiled awkwardly. ‘This is my chance’

 

Let’s go then. They are over there.” Yuri pointed to where Seohyun and Tiffany are sitting.

 

Jessica and Yoona followed Yuri.

 

“Hey guys. Guess who I found today?” Yuri said proudly.

 

Tiffany’s eyes met Jessica’s. For a moment, the whole world around them stopped and it's as if the two of them were the only ones present.

 

‘Jessi… don’t... Don't do this.’

 


A/N: This chapter was supposed to be posted tomorrow but something inspired me... While waiting at the bus stop, a bus stopped in front of me and guess what? IT HAS A CASIO BABY G AD! The bus had JeTi and Sunny on the sides and the whole SNSD at the back. I gazed at it and smiled like an idiot until the bus went away. AND I JUST HAD TO FORGET TO ACTUALLY GET IN THE BUS. lol.

 

I'm just sharing my story... Anyway, welcome to the new subscribers! Also, thanks a lot to those who comment. It means a lot to me to know what you guys think.

 

P.S.: Author's bias in SNSD is none other than Tiffany. Loved her since I watched Hello Baby last December. XD