Chapter 29

What Happened to Us?

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

I was in a café waiting for her. Looking out the window, I sighed for the nth time this day. Random thoughts invaded my head. I admit it. I am scared. Talking to her isn’t really part of my to-do list today but it’s not like I have a choice. Despite having second thoughts, I decided to push through it.

 

I took a sip of my latte and leaned back in my chair. I gazed at the table and let my mind wander off again.

 

Sica is in Jeju right now… with that Tiffany.

 

I frowned and gritted my teeth at the thought. If only I could go there right now. It would be too obvious though. Three days are long enough! I know that much. In three days, lots of things can change. I just hope that Sica isn’t stupid enough to forgive her instantly.

 

My gaze shifted to my phone on the table. I grabbed it and checked the time. It’s almost 7pm. It’s about time that-–“

 

“Good evening unnie.” I heard a voice say. I looked up from my phone and saw her standing in front of me. As always, she never forgets to put on her seemingly innocent smile. Her smile fooled everyone, including me.

 

“Good evening to you too… Seohyun.”

 

I watched as her smile disappeared. She took a seat across me. I could feel her intense stare but I won’t back down so I looked straight into her eyes. I can clearly tell. Her façade isn’t here with her today.

 

This is interesting.

 

Who would’ve thought that this girl in front of me could be dangerous? With her innocent looks, no one suspected her. I am amazed how she worked quietly all these times. And it’s funny to think that many people willingly do things for her; only to please her and expect something in return. But gratitude isn’t in her vocabulary. I am also not one of those people. I am not doing this for her. This is all for Sica.

 

“What makes you think you could disturb me anytime?” Her cold voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

I grinned at her as I tried to hide the fear that I’m feeling. Her coldness isn’t something I would get used to.

 

“Well, you still showed up.” I told her before taking another sip of my latte.

 

Sweet. Too sweet.

 

“Spill it unnie. I don’t have much time.” Unnie? Tss.

 

“Sica and that Hwang is in Jeju right now.” I said to her. I was struggling to maintain my composure. I can’t let her see through me.

 

“ I already know that.” She replied nonchalantly.

 

“Aren’t you going to do anything about it?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Just let them be. It will be their last days anyway. Wouldn’t it be fun to see them crashing down just when they thought they can be happy together?”

 

“You’re too harsh, Seohyun.”

 

She let out a chuckle. “Yes unnie. I am harsh.”

 

I narrowed my eyes at her. “If you do anything bad to Sica, I won’t forgive you! I’ll make sure you’d get a taste of your own medicine!”

 

“You don’t know what you’re saying unnie. You can never go against me. Besides, you’re helping me split them apart. That mean you’re helping me to hurt Jessica as well. Stop acting like you’re innocent! Besides, you’re going against your friends, right?”

 

“Tch. It’s only Sunny and Sooyoung who I consider as my friends. Chaerin is more like… a rival.”

 

“That’s exactly why we get along Taeyeon unnie. We are on the same boat. We both have this dislike towards Chaerin. Plus, Jessica had always been a nuisance to me just as Tiffany is for you.”

 

I scoffed at her statement. “Chaerin was once a good friend of mine… until she decided to be a hero for everyone. She thinks she was helping out but apparently, she’s not! She helped Sunny and Sooyoung to be together she didn’t even consider me when she did that. I… I was in love with Sunny at that time. But still, I helped in getting them to be together because I know very well how much Sunny was in love with that giant. I tried to feel happy for them and I quickly got over it. I forgave Chaerin for that. Now, I am in love with Sica and I am not letting Chaerin get in the way again!”

 

I clasped my shaking hands. Emotions are taking over me.

 

“When I told her about my situation with Sica, I thought that this she’d be able to help me out. I thought that she’d be on my side this time. But I was completely wrong! I… I can’t believe she sided with that bi—“

 

“You have no right to call Tiffany that!” Seohyun cut my sentence. I stared at her, confused. She glared at me and I looked away before her looks could even kill me. I won’t this argument even if I do my best.

 

“You are no different Seohyun. You hate Jessica just as I hate Tiffany. You said so yourself.”

 

“You don’t know what you’re talking about unnie. I don’t hate Jessica…

 

I despise her.”

 

I gulped at her choice of words. I should be careful. I should never let Jessica be near this psycho. Who knows what she’s capable of doing?

 

“Jessica didn’t do anything bad to you. You should that it’s not her fault to—“

 

“It’s not her fault? Who are you trying to fool here? IT IS ALWAYS HER FAULT!” she raised her voice at me for the first time. We’ve only met for a short time but I have this feeling that I’ve known her for so long.

 

Seohyun-ah. Who are you?

 

She leaned back in her chair and breathed deeply. Her eyes are still murderous.

 

“Jessica Jung… she is the reason why I lost my loved ones. She made me lose my cousin and I’m not letting her do that to Tiffany unnie as well.”

 

“What are you talking about?” I mumbled.

 

She stared at me with a blank expression. This is getting creepy.

 

“When my cousin needed help, Jessica turned her back on her. She was a coward, that Jung! Jessica ran away and left my cousin; beaten and bloody. You don’t know how much my cousin suffered because of that. She had a severe trauma after that incident so her parents decided to move to the Philippines for her treatment. When she got back to Jeonju, I visited her because I was living in Seoul at that time. But… she forgot about me. They said that the trauma caused her too much stress so she had this amnesia. She forgot all about her childhood, including me. And when I tried to help her regain her memories, they stopped me. See what Jessica did? If only she didn’t leave my cousin behind, then none of these would’ve happened.”

 

She stopped talking as I saw her tears rolling down her cheeks. Her story is too familiar. I heard it somewhere before.

 

Her cousin huh? Don’t tell me she’s…

 

“Seo Juhyun…”

 

She looked at me with a surprised look that confirmed my thoughts.

 

She is definitely Dara unnie’s cousin.

 

-------------------------------

Author’s POV (D-2 in Jeju)

 

“Achoo!”

 

Jessica sneezed for the nth time. Tiffany touched Jessica’s forehead. “You’re not sick, are you?”

 

“I’m fine Tiff.”

 

“You shouldn’t have stayed in the shower for too long! You might catch a cold.” Tiffany said as she wiped off Jessica’s sweat.

 

Jessica looked at Tiffany in disbelief. “It wasn’t my idea to stay in the shower for two more hours, was it?”

 

Tiffany looked away and blushed. “It’s not like you didn’t enjoy it. You were even asking for mo---“

 

Jessica covered Tiffany’s mouth before she could even broadcast to the world whatever activities they had. Tiffany shoved Jessica’s hand away and pouted, much to the blonde’s delight. Jessica pecked Tiffany’s pouting lips and linked arms with her. They were waiting in line to get tickets to the amusement park. The line was long because it was weekend and many families are present.

 

“SICA UMMA!” A little behind them yelled and tackled Jessica, making Tiffany step back in surprise. She now stared at the little girl who was hugging Jessica.

 

‘Umma? Who the hell is this kid?!!’

 


A/N: Hmm... I hope this chapter will give you a clearer view of my plot. Yeah? I hope you're not confused anymore. If you still are, then I'd be glad to answer most of your questions as long as the answer doesn't lead up to spoilers. XD It's sad to tell you this but... I think this fic is going to end soon. I'm not yet sure though. Maybe up to chapter 35? Hmm... Tell me what you think, readers!

P.S: In case you're wondering, Dara's age is only a step higher in this fic.

Have a nice day!