Protect

I Love You, Mr. Delinquent

 

 

*Jieun's POV*

1 week prior to graduation, Myungsoo isn’t talking to me.

I really don’t know what happened. He started not talking to me about a day after I gave him the cake. Does the cake tasted awful that is why he started ignoring me?

At first I thought he is just not feeling well or he is just joking around but it lasted for 3 days that he treats me like I’m just air. I also don’t want him to approach him because he really treats me as if he doesn’t know me and it’s so obvious that he’s avoiding me considering that he hasn’t done any trouble just so that he won’t get a chance to talk to me.

I don’t really know what his problem is.

“Noona, maybe he is just playing a joke on you.” Said Junhong.

“Well then it’s not a very funny joke. It’s irritating!”

“But when will you go and talk to him?”

“I don’t really know.”

“What if he still ignores you until graduation?”

I just sighed deeply. I really hope not.

Why is he like this? Now that I’m ready to tell him that I like him back, now is the time that he’s not talking to me? Is this how it really works?

 

*Myungsoo's POV*

 

“Hyung, why are you not talking to Ms. Prez? Did the two of you fight?”

I looked at Daehyun. “No, we didn’t.”

“Then why are you ignoring her?” L.Joe asked.

I fell quiet. I don’t know how I’m supposed to answer L.joe’s question. I know that I’m so mean to Jieun for ignoring her and I also know that my excuse sounds so lame but I don’t know. I can’t risk her, I guess.

“Is it because of Infinite?” Dongjun asked.

I was surprised. “How did you know about that?"

“My brothers on Ze:A had been talking about you coming back as part of Infinite. Hyunsik hyung got to talk to Hoya hyung about it.”

Not just me but also my friends are part of their own “gangs”. We only differ on which district we belong but we all have common goals. And it’s surprising that they already knew about it.

“We in B1A4 also know about it. The news came to us.” CNU hyung added.

News spread too fast that it’s not impossible that my father had reached the news already. If my father already knew about this, the more I can’t talk to Jieun.

I don’t know where all my confidence has gone. I know that I like Jieun. No, scratch that. I love her. But why does my love for her is so cowardly that all I can do is to just stay away from her in order to protect her? I want to be with her but I also don’t want her to get into trouble.  It’s not a question anymore to me if she also likes me because I can feel that she already does.  But would she still like to be with me if she gets to know about Infinite and my dad? I just really don’t want Jieun to be dragged in my messed up life.

Was it a wrong decision to love Jieun and making her mine?

Maybe I can’t really make her happy. Maybe I’m just like Jong Up.

In the end, maybe I would just end up hurting her too.

 

***

*Jieun’s POV*

Even if Myungsoo was able to ignore me for a week, I still can’t get mad at him.  I don’t really know why but I feel as if there’s an explanation to Myungsoo’s actions towards me. I don’t think that he is ignoring me because he is mad or I did something wrong. I can’t see a glint of anger in his eyes so I’m really sure that he’s not mad at me.

It’s more like he’s sad and there’s something that he’s going on through. If that’s the case then doesn’t he know by now that he can talk to me about anything that’s bothering him? I can help him with his problems and be there when he needs me.

It’s either he has a huge problem or he is just simply mad at me.

Why would he be mad? What have I done to him?

Did he already grew tired of waiting for me and realized that I’m really not worth it and he’s just wasting his time and effort on me?

Sigh. I can’t believe he’s making me think so hard like this.

I was sitting quietly with my thoughts when CNU sat beside me. I was surprised, of course.

“I’m sorry.”

I was confused. “Why? For what?”

“Myungsoo’s giving you a hard time. I don’t know exactly what’s up with that brat and his attitude towards you lately.”

 “Do you have any idea what’s wrong with him? I really can’t ask him because I don’t know how I would be able to. Why is he ignoring me? Have I done something wrong? Please tell me.”

I sounded desperate but I just need to know what’s wrong because if I’m the problem, I’m willing to correct my mistakes for him.

CNU sighed. “You know, Myungsoo has been through a lot since he was young. Life has been too cruel for him as a kid that’s why that’s how he acts. His life decisions are heavily affected by his childhood and he’d rather follow what his mind says rather than what’s really on his heart…

 

…Except his decision of loving you, Jieun.”

 

“What do you mean?”

“When he told us that he likes you and he wants you to be his, it was the first time that he followed the desire of his heart. It was a careless move honestly, but it’s most certainly pure. That’s him. That’s the real Kim Myungsoo.

And I believe that he’s avoiding you in order to protect you.”

“Protect me? From what?” What kind of harm is Myungsoo protecting me from?

“There are still a lot of things that you might not know about Myungsoo right now and I don’t want to be the one to tell you about those. You should discover them yourself.  What I can tell you right now is that you are so precious to Myungsoo and he’ll do everything to protect the most beautiful decision he made in his life.”

Then CNU stood up and pat my head which I hadn’t had the chance to avoid because I became too occupied with CNU’s words. He then left afterwards.

 Obviously, I didn’t have the answer to my question but I most certainly got greater answers.

 A lot of thoughts are going on inside my head right now but the most important thing right now is for me to be able to talk with Myungsoo. I most certainly need to find a way for us to talk and to stop this nonsense of his.

Because the best way to protect me from harm is for him to stay by my side.

 

 


 

 

GOSH IT HAS BEEN SO LONG!

I'm really for the very slow update :( Greatest Hindrance: Scoolworks TT.TT

I will try to make another update as fast as possible! Thank you very much to the subbies! <3

I would really love to read commentsss! ^_^

 

lovelots,

matoki_angel

 

P.S. I was able to watch Infinite Effect here in my country! All of them are really shining and undeniably gorgeous! Too bad, my HoBaby is injured TT.TT