Would you be my date?

I Love You, Mr. Delinquent

 *Jieun’s POV*

 

Roses. Nothing but red roses.

 

The seniors are busy asking for their dates for the upcoming Graduation Ball since it was announced yesterday. The Graduation Ball is annually done exclusive only for seniors since it will be their last get-together as a whole batch before graduating.

 

“Noona, does Myungsoo hyung already asked you to be his date for the Graduation Ball?” Speaking of Myungsoo, I haven’t seen him today.

“Umm… No.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. Is it a must?”

“Of course noona! Myungsoo hyung is like your future boyfriend so he should ask you to be his date.”

“As if I’m willing to be his girlfriend.”

“Why? Haven’t you felt anything special yet?”

“I-I don’t know.”

Honestly, I don’t know. I really don’t know if what I’m feeling is something special but I know it’s different from what I feel for him before. I remembered when I told myself that Myungsoo is like a buried treasure that I need to dig deep to find. So maybe, I could take this opportunity to know him and for me to be really sure that his feelings for me are true or not.

 

Even if it’s already obvious.

 

After the final meeting of the Student Council for the Graduation Ball, I went straight to my locker to get the books I need for my next subjects. But to my surprise, I saw too letters in my locker. I opened the first one and it’s from Myungsoo. And I didn’t expect this.

 

 

 

 

 

My Lovely Princess,

                I’m sorry if you won’t find me in school today. There are some important things I need to do. I’m sorry I didn’t tell it to you personally. I’m might not able to go if I see you today. You know how much I’m going to miss you. Take care, princess! Your prince is not by your side today.

                I Love you, Princess!

                                                                                                                                                 Your Prince,

                                                                                                                                                Myungsoo <3

 

 

Seriously? Myungsoo wasted a paper just for this? Not to mention, he so cheesy too. But I appreciate it. I really do. I may say that it’s sweet. But I really wish he’ll stop calling me ‘princess’.

Then I opened the second letter which confused me a lot.

 

Jieun, will you be my date?

 

That’s all that’s written on the letter. I assumed for a moment that it also came from Myungsoo but the penmanship of the two letters is different from each other. I looked around; finding the person who could have possibly gave this to me. But I didn’t found anyone suspicious.

Who could have given this to me aside from Myungsoo?

 

 

 ***

 

Since Myungsoo is not around, I will go home alone for today. Before I left, I checked my locker to see if there are things that I left there when, to my surprise, I found another letter.

 

 

I will wait for you at the exit gate.

 

The handwriting is the same from the letter that I received from an anonymous person. I don’t what I should feel about this. Should I be scared or what?

I have no choice but to go home of course. I just cared less about the letters. Maybe it’s just a prank or it was mistakenly slipped into my locker. But as I walk near to the exit gate, I saw a guy who was leaning against the wall near to the exit gate and I got the feeling that he was the guy who gave the letters.

I tried to blend in with the other students so that in case he was really that guy, he won’t see me. Honestly, I felt a little creepy with the letters and the one who gave it. The mere fact that I don’t know who the letter sender already gave a peculiar feeling to me.

But to my surprise, someone grabbed me by my wrist. I looked at him and I saw the pair of eyes that I used to love looking at.