Chanhee

I Love You, Mr. Delinquent

*Jieun’s POV*

There’s one thing that I forgot to tell everyone. Moon Jong Up was my first boyfriend but he is definitely not my first love.

Ok. Let me take you back to my freshman year. Back then, I wasn’t as active as I am now. I was just a student whose dream is to ace my grades and to be able to enter a decent university afterwards.

Until one day, my homeroom teacher asked me if I want to run for the position of 2nd Year representative for the upcoming Student Council Elections that year. The winning candidates would start their term next school year. I remembered that Jiyeon were together since then. She won the Public Relations Officer position that year.

I was a bit hesitant that time, but right now I was so thankful for the chance that was given me. I learned so many things and it brought me happiness. It made me look on things at a wider picture, and gave me a chance to let myself grow and improve.

And one of those is experiencing my first love.

His name is Lee Chanhee. He was one of the most caring people I met in my entire life. He was running for the position of Auditor back then. We became so close since the start of the campaign period and even if we’re not on the same class, we had maintained our close bond with each other.

Like I said earlier, he’s so caring. He’s really friendly and his smile could make anyone feel comfortable and warm. We spend most of time together. We eat lunch together and share our ideas for the Student Council’s upcoming events. And because of this, we team up on most projects together, making us spend more time together.

Chanhee is also a certified gentleman. I remembered a time when we went home really late. Even if my house was out of the way, he still insisted to walk me home. He’s also sweet and thoughtful. He was the only person in the whole Student Council to organize a surprise for my birthday because everyone was so busy that time, I myself didn’t even remembered that it was my birthday that day.

He always sends me a text in the morning and he also never forgets to send me one at night. He always had his ways to make feel special and I admit, it was the first time that someone made me feel that way.

I developed feelings for him. And it gets deeper each day that passes.

I can’t help it and I didn’t bother to stop whatever I feel for him. Because I thought he was feeling the same way for me too.

One day, I decided to confess my feelings to him. Lucky enough, before I confess, he told me something that made my world crumble into pieces.

“Jieun, do you think Jiyeon has a boyfriend already?” Chanhee asked me out of the blue while we we’re planning out the program proposal for our next project. It made me stopped typing on my laptop and face him. He had this dreamy look in his eyes, as if he was imagining Jiyeon at that moment.

“She has many suitors, but she doesn’t have any boyfriend. Why’d you suddenly ask?” I tried not to stutter as I tell him that information. I think I already know where this conversation will go.

“I’m getting attracted to her and I can’t stop it.”

Attracted. It’s not a usual term to use. The unique words were so sincere but it hurts. It hurts me so much.

I let him get attracted to Jiyeon. I didn’t bother to stop him or make him like me instead because that’s how it should be. Love should never be forced. No one should beg for love because what will be given back is nothing but sheer pity. Love is different from pity and I hate it when I am pitied on.

Now that I think about it, Jiyeon pretty much attract guys whom I like. It’s not like she intentionally does it that’s why I was never mad at her. It’s not her fault that she was given such gift like that.

I heard that Jiyeon dumped Chanhee when the latter confessed, making him quit and not run for any position in the student council. We didn’t hang out much after that until we slowly drift apart from each other. When I see him in walking pass by, we just utter a single “Hello” to each other.

So it was sort of surprising that I’m looking at his eyes right now and he’s holding my wrist.

“Jieun, I need your help.” His eyes are pleading along with his voice.

 


 

 

We went to the park to talk about the details of why he needs my help.

It’s just all about Jiyeon.

“Can you help me? I need Jiyeon to be my date for the Graduation Ball.”

I’m not blind for me not to see desperation in Chanhee’s eyes. I want to help him, since I know that I can really do something about it but I just can’t simply do that. I know for sure that Jiyeon won’t be happy about it.

“I’m really sorry Chanhee but I don’t think I can help you with that.”

“Just do something for me to talk to her before the ball.”

“Why can’t you just go to her and ask her to talk to you for a while?”

“She doesn’t want to. That’s why I badly need your help. Please, Jieun.” He held my hand and looked at me with pleading eyes making me sigh heavily.

I can’t imagine that Chanhee will look so pitiful like this. Sure, Jiyeon is undeniably a dream girl but Chanhee is also a great guy. He got the looks and is a total gentleman. It won’t be hard for him to find someone who can give him the love that he truly deserve.

Suddenly, my phone rang making Chanhee lose his hold on my hand. I get my phone and saw Myungsoo’s name flash on the screen. I answered the phone after rolling my eyes.

“Are you going out with Lee Chanhee?”

He immediately asked, making me nervous. His voice is obviously serious with a hint of anger. He’s watching me and I don’t even know where he is.

“Don’t bother find me, Jieun. Just leave him.”

I really hate it when someone is being so authoritative over me, even my brother. And as of this moment, I’m starting to get irritated on Myungsoo’s warning.

But I don’t know why I got up, said sorry to Chanhee and left him.

 


 

 

It has been so long!~

I'm really sorry for the short and crappy update. My semester just ended so I'll have time to update! :)

 

Read.Comment.Subscribe.Upvote.but most especially...

 

ENJOY!~

 

lovelots,

matoki_angel