Heads and Tails

I Love You, Mr. Delinquent

*Third Person POV*

“Jieun-ah! I have a very bad news for you.” Jiyeon came inside the Student Council Office where Jieun is busy the report of all the events they held this year.

“What is it?” Jieun asked in a normal tone, not so worried about the very bad news since she knows that Jiyeon tends to exaggerate things a little bit sometimes.

“Kim Myungsoo is doing something with the wall on the third floor.”

“What exactly is it?”

“He vandalized it. And it’s really a big one.”

Jieun got up from her seat and went to the third floor with Jiyeon to see it herself. She tries not to get all so angry with the whole situation because she could just punish the delinquent anytime.

They reached the third floor where she saw a flock of students, most of them being shocked with what they are seeing. The students recognized her presence as she walks near the scene. The students gave way to her and now Jieun could see Myungsoo and his ‘followers’ drawing something on the wall with spray paint.

Myungsoo noticed her and smiled, not worrying about the trouble that he did. “I knew she will come anytime soon. And now here she is.” He said to himself while he saw how Jieun’s expression got furious when he still hasn’t stopped smiling at her. Jieun is coming closer and closer to Myungsoo with her eyes only looking at him.

Finally, she is standing face to face with Myungsoo, still wearing a death glare. But Myungsoo didn’t budge and smiled even wider. “Jieun-ah, take a look.” Jieun shifted his glare from Myungsoo to the wall and was completely shocked with the vandal.

There is a drawing of a chibi guy who looks like Myungsoo holding a boquet of roses and giving it to another chibi drawing of a girl that looks just like her. The male chibi has a bubble in the top of his head saying “WILL YOU BE MY GIRL, LEE JIEUN?”. The girl chibi has a bubble too but without anything written on it.

“I want you to be my girl, Jieun-ah.” Myungsoo said, making Jieun look at Myungsoo again. “You don’t know how badly I want you to be mine.”

“That’s impossible, Myungsoo.”

“It’s possible. It’s happening right now. I love you.”

“This is impossible. You are not in love with me. How can you be in love with your mortal enemy, huh? You’re just imagining things, Myungsoo.”

“We might be mortal enemies or something like that. But it doesn’t restrict me from falling in love with you.”

“You hate me and we both know that.”

“I thought we are already friends. You said that yourself. Can’t a friend fall in love with his friend?”

Everyone who is watching remained silent, eager to hear what the two talks about. Myungsoo and Jieun didn’t care for anyone that moment. Jieun doesn’t want to believe this. She doesn’t want to believe that Myungsoo loves her because it’s just too damn impossible. Yes, they're might be friends but it isn’t enough for Myungsoo to fall in love with her. She dislikes the idea of Myungsoo wanting her to be his because she doesn’t believe that Myungsoo will fall in love with a girl like her.

“This isn’t right, Myungsoo.”

“I’m not rushing things here, okay? Do you know why there isn’t anything written in your bubble?”

She didn’t answer and waited for Myungsoo to tell it.

“It is because I’m not rushing you to answer me now. I’m giving you time for you to realize that I really do love you. I’m giving you time to see that I’m willing to be the one who is right for you and the time for you to hopefully, fall in love with me too. I’m giving time for the both of us. It’s the time for me to prove myself and the time for you to think about things.”

Myungsoo handed a can of spray paint to Jieun and she was confused to what it is for.

“When we both already gave time for ourselves and you’re already ready, I want you to write your answer here. And I promise to accept it, whatever it will be.”

Jieun was speechless. She can’t find the right words to say at that moment. It seems like the time stopped and everything froze except for her and Myungsoo. His words are running inside her head. Myungsoo came closer and kissed her forehead which sent a different feeling to her. Then Myungsoo broke the kiss and smiled at her. He left with his ‘followers’, leaving you in your spot with mixed feelings.

Afterwards, she left with Jiyeon with her hand still holding the spray paint that Myungsoo gave.

 

 

***

 

 

“Myungsoo is just joking, right?”

“I don’t think so, noona.”

After what happened, Jieun just stayed on the office and didn’t attend any of her classes that day. She was too occupied with what happened earlier and she knows that she won’t be able to think properly on class.

As soon as she knew that Junhong’s class ended, she called him, asking for someone to talk to. So instead of going home, Junhong stayed with Jieun.

“But it just so impossible.” And Jieun let out her 20th sigh since she came back to the office.

“Why are you insisting that Myungsoo hyung is just fooling around?” Junhong asked.

“Myungsoo is the type of guy who dislikes my personality. I’m such a perfectionist and a guy like Myungsoo dislikes that.”

“What if it’s different this time? What if you’re an exception?”

“It just can’t be.”

“Can I be honest with you?”

Jieun just looked at him.

“You are afraid, noona.”

‘Afraid?’ Jieun thought. Why would she be afraid?

“It’s not really about Myungsoo hyung being a troublemaker or a guy who dislike perfectionists but it is about you, noona, who is afraid to fall in love again.”

“I’m not afraid, Junhong-ah. Why would it scare me?”

“You might think that you already moved on from Jongup-ssi but honestly you’re not. There is still a little piece of hurt left in that heart of yours which turns into fear of falling in love again.”

Jieun remained silent. It hasn’t been a long time since Jongup broke up with her but she knows that she already moved on from it. But why does it seems that Junhong words are right? It hit her as if that's what she really feels. Has she been really afraid all this time? Is the feeling of hurt blinds her from seeing the sincerity and love that Myungsoo offers? Many questions arose from her mind but she doesn’t know how to answer them.

“Let go of it, noona. Try to let go of it as Myungsoo hyung tries prove that he could be the happiness that your heart has been yearning for. Don’t restrain yourself to the feeling of loving someone and being loved back.”

Jieun looked at junhong and gave a weak smile. “I still don’t know what to do, Junhong.”

“Okay, let’s make it simple.” Junhong get a coin from his pocket. “I will toss this coin. If its heads, then you will give all of this a chance but if its tails, then you can go to Myungsoo hyung, tell him that he’s being ridiculous and you can bang his head into a concrete wall.”

You smiled at Junhong’s last sentence. Then he flipped the coin and Jieun is so tensed with what the result would be.

Junhong revealed and it was heads.

“See? Even destiny wants you to take a chance.”