Meet Infinite

I Love You, Mr. Delinquent

Changsun just finished eating breakfast when the doorbell rang.

He wiped the corners of his lips with tissue and goes to the door and opened it.

And just as he expected, it’s the same guy who has been ringing the doorbell every morning for the past two weeks.

It’s also the same guy who has been trying to catch the heart of his dear baby sister.

“Good morning, Myungsoo.”

“Good morning, Changsun hyung!” Myungsoo greeted with a cheerful voice. Changsun motioned him to come inside. “Is Jieun already awake?”

Changsun doesn’t really know much about Myungsoo. What he knows is what Myungsoo and Jieun tells him. But actually, he doesn’t mind. He supports Myungsoo for his baby sister, 100%. He’s actually ready to be a fairy godfather to him in case he needs one. The fact that Myungsoo formally asks to court his sister and his effort to come by the house every morning is enough for Changsun to say that Myungsoo is indeed a great guy for Jieun. Greater than let’s say, Moon Jongup. He just didn’t told Jieun but he doesn’t actually like Jongup. He met the guy before when he paid Jieun a short visit during his sembreak.

There’s something about Myungsoo that Changsun likes. Maybe it’s his confidence and how much he pursues something that he really wants. The way he senses how much he likes his baby sister that he would shamelessly call Jieun ‘princess’ in front of him. Other brothers would’ve kicked Myungsoo out of the house that instant, but not him. He actually liked that side of Myungsoo. He’s ready to prove to anyone how much he loves Jieun.

And he’s actually kind of delighted when Jieun asked him a very important question.

*Flashback*

It was 11 pm and Changsun just came back and he was surprised to see that Jieun is still sitting on the sofa in the living room.

“Jiji, is everything ok?” Judging from the slightly anxious face and the slightly tensed aura, Changsun was sure that there’s something wrong with his baby sister.

“Oppa…” Jieun let out a very heavy sigh that made Changsun wonder more about what’s going on with Jieun.

“Yes, baby Jiji?”

“Is… Is Myungsoo alright?”

Changsun’s forehead creased. “What do you mean by that?”

“Is he ok to you?”

“Like, do I like him for you? Yes, baby. Very much. Why? Is he your boyfriend already?”

“Oppa! He’s not my boyfriend yet.”

“But he does give you the feelings.”

Jieun nodded slowly.

“And you’re asking me if I really like Myungsoo for you because you have plans of accepting him as your boyfriend?”

“Oppa, do you think he’s a good guy?”

“Aren’t you supposed to be the one to know that because you know him way more than I do?”

“I mean, as a guy. Do you think he’s a good man?”

“How am I supposed to know that?”

“Don’t you guys have something in you that you can sense if a guy’s a jerk just like how women can sense if a girl’s a ?”

Changsun laughed. “Baby Jiji, that’s funny. I don’t really know. But there’s one thing that I know, Myungsoo’s sincere and that’s really important. But everything’s up to you, Jiji. If you really like Myungsoo, even if I like him for you or not, I can’t do anything about it."

Jieun smiled and hugged him and Changsun left a kiss on his baby sister’s forehead.

 

 

 

 

“She left early.”

Myungsoo’s expression changed. “Did she tell you why?”

“Not really. But she looks very excited.”

“Ok, hyung. Thank you very much. I’ll be leaving.”

“But you know Myungsoo, I think her being excited is somehow caused by you.”

“What does that mean, hyung?”

 

*Myungsoo’s POV*

Her being excited is somehow caused by me?

 I can’t stop smiling. I’m feeling as of something good is happening today.

It’s amazing how Jieun makes me smile like this and I just can’t really stop even if people are staring at me while I’m walking alone towards my room.

I can’t really help but think that maybe Jieun is now developing feelings for me.

The feels! I can’t stop it! Haha!

“Myungsoo, someone asked me to give this to you. “ One of my classmates handed me something before I even get inside the classroom. It is covered with tissue and to my surprise, it is a disposable knife. I went straight to my seat and found a box on the top of my desk. I opened it and it was a chocolate cake.

It’s just a simple medium-sized chocolate cake but what made it special is the dedication that is written on it.

“Be good today!” –Jieunnie ^_^

 

My smile got even wider. It’s just a very simple message but I can’t help but feel as if my heart is going to burst. Is this the start of the development between us? I really hope that this is it. I still won’t rush her. Instead, I would wait for what will she do next.

Daehyun and L.Joe entered the classroom along with CNU hyung and Dongjun hyung.

“What’s that?”

“Is that cheesecake!? Let me have some, hyung!”

I quickly swatted Daehyun’s hand away and he pouted.  “This is mine. Only mine.” I warned.

“’Be good today. Jieunnie.’ Oh! So that’s why. This came from Ms. Prez.”

I smiled proudly. “This is a development, L.Joe. This is a clear proof that soon, I’ll be able to see a ‘Yes’ on the wall that we painted on.”

L.Joe snorted. “You look so in love. It gives me cringes.”

I smacked his head.

“By the way, I think you already knew about the people who attacked you at the night of the Graduation Ball.” CNU hyung said.

Yes, I already know who they are and they are the people whom I expected to do that to me.

“They want you, Myungsoo.” Dongjun hyung said.

“And I don’t think they’ll ever stop until you come back.” CNU added.

I sighed. “That’s why I decided that I’ll just go face them.”

“Do you want us to come with you, hyung?”

“There’s no need, Daehyun. I’ll be alright.”

“Make sure you don’t get yourself bruised up again. Or your ‘princess’ will sure not let you pass without an explanation this time.” L.Joe reminded.

“It won’t happen. Don’t worry. I will meet them later tonight.”

 

*Myungsoo’s POV*

 

Will it sound as a joke if I tell you guys that I’m a gang member?

Yes? Well, I really am. Former member actually.

 This is one of the reasons why I hate my dad. Aside from the fact that his whole being is illegal, he even paid my own friends to go against me. They are working under my dad right now. Those bastards.

If you’ll include me, we’ll be seven in number. We are called Infinite. Cool name, right? Of course. Why would I even let myself be in a gang with a ty name?

They are the ones who knocked me up on the ball night and made me not attend the said event.  I knew that it would be them and I knew that it was an invitation.

An invitation for a talk with them.

“Myungsoo hyung!” A cheery voice welcomed me as I opened the door of their so-called hide-out.

They all looked at the direction of where I’m standing. Aside from Sungjong’s smiling face, the rest of the faces that he’s looking at are all serious and almost unwelcoming.

“Glad to see you, L.” Sunggyu hyung, our leader, greeted me and followed a smile which made his small eyes even get smaller.

The rest of them formed a smile on their lips, followed by loud cheers and bro hugs. Smack in the head is included too.

Even if they go against me, I’m not mad at them. Never. And I don’t really think that I can.

“Sorry for beating you up the last time.” Howon hyung apologized as he ruffled my hair in which I tried to avoid.

I smiled. “I would actually like to thank you for that.”

“What do you mean?” Sungyeol asked.

“Well, that incident made someone show so much concern in me and I really loved it.”

“Is that ‘someone’ a girl?” Woohyun hyung who just got out of the kitchen butted in.

I nodded with a grin on my lips.

They let out their cheers and mocking on me. It’s not like I never told them about a girl before. It’s just that, Jieun’s different. She’s the most different and the most special one.

“What’s her name and how’s she like?” Dongwoo hyung asked.

“Lee Ji Eun is her name. She loves to see me in detention and there won’t be a day that she wouldn’t throw an angry face at me. But she has the most beautiful face ever. I see her ever everyday and her face always scream how mad she is at me.  I got used to it. But instead of also getting mad, I came to love it. She’s a monster. She made a monster out of herself so she can cover her gentle heart—a heart that I would like to take care. A heart of the person that I came to love.”

As I finished, they all fell silent. All of them are gave me serious faces. What are they trying to tell me? They even looked at each other. Did I just say something wrong?

Then Dongwoo hyung laughed. “Myungsoo is so in love!” then followed by the other who just laughed as well. But they laughs are those nervous laughs that they pull off in unlikely situations. Then and there, I know that there is really something that they should talk to me about.

After a few drinks, most of the guys are already sleeping. Only Sunggyu hyung and I are up.

“Myungsoo, do you want to go back to Infinite?”

“I would if you would stop working with my dad.” I said rather a little bit firmly. I really don’t want to be involved with my father anymore.

“There’s a reason why we are working for your father and just let you out of Infinite.”

I looked at Sunggyu hyung, full of curiosity.

“You know Infinite’s real purpose, right?”

Infinite isn’t a gang intended to be a real gang with all the illegal stuff. We are allies with the Investigation Unit of the Police Department. The seven of us came together to work undercover and help the police solve crimes especially the Organized Crimes. Pretty cool, huh?

“Yes, hyung. That’s why I can’t understand why you suddenly go against the group’s real purpose and started being shady with my father.”

Sunggyu hyung sighed. “Myungsoo, we’re still actually working undercover.”

My forehead creased. “What do you mean?”

“When the police came to me and asked help regarding the matter of your father, I actually don’t know if I should accept it or not. I discussed it with the rest of the guys. Myungsoo, we still have hope that you and you’re father would go well. We still hope that you can still forgive him. This matter with your father would only help the fire of hate to burn even greater. So we made you out of Infinite for a while.”

Why do they even think something as ridiculous as that? Why would they even believe in something like me forgiving my father and even go well with him? More than anyone, they are the ones who see how I get frustrated everyday because of my father. They know how much I despise him. Why would they even have the hope that I’ll reconcile with him?

“You shouldn’t have done that, hyung. You know how much hate I have, right?”

Sunggyu hyung nodded. “We realized that. So I’m asking you if you want to go back to Infinite right now.”

“Of course, hyung.” Seeing my father suffer the consequences might actually help me erase the hate little by little.

“How about your Lee Ji Eun?”

“She doesn’t have anything to do about this, hyung. I can stay her out of this.”

“Even if you do your very best to stay her out of this, there would be people who want her to be involved.”

I fell silent. Jieun doesn’t have to be involved. I don’t want to harm her by getting her caught up to the things that I do.

“Myung, once you join Infinite once more, you will be facing your father. And if your father finds out about Jieun, we all know that he would use her against you. We wouldn’t want that.”

 

 

 


School have started a month ago.

 

INFINITE IS HAVING A COMEBACK OMG I JUST CANNOT! THEY ALL LOOK SOOOO HOT! OH MY FEEEEELSSSSS!

 

Do leave comments please! I love reading them!

 

Enjoy!

Lovelots!

-matoki_angel