Mutual Feelings

I Love You, Mr. Delinquent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk2xECkE6yk  <= click for IU & Seulong -잔소리 (Nagging)

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Two weeks ago*

 

“So, what are we going to do for our performance?” I asked Myungsoo as he sat in the chair across me. I told him to come immediately after class here in the Student Council office but he was late for like 15 minutes.

“Oh my gosh! You two are going to perform for the Christmas Concert?!” Jiyeon but in the conversation

“No. Maybe the two of us.” I answered her sarcastically.

“Then you should perform Troublemaker! Or maybe their new song, Now. ~Tell me, now now now.~” She ignored my sarcasm and sang the song by heart. I never knew that she’s a fan of that duo.

“We are not crazy for us to do that, Jiyeon.”

“But it will be the best!”

“I don’t think no one would like seeing me and Myungsoo dancing on the stage.”

sushi_pilsuk and iuexoinfinite  and others will enjoy it! It’s going to be epic and unforgettable. But you could also try having a duet. UaenaExoticInspirit would love that.”

“Who are those people you are talking about?” I asked her, confused.

“They are you and Myungsoo’s fans! Along with many others! They are all so daebak!~ “

“Oh, I see. “ Then I shifted to Myungsoo who has been quiet within the entire conversation.

“Myungsoo, you ok?”

“I’m just thinking about the things we could do and I think I would prefer us singing a duet on stage rather that doing any dance. I don’t want to humiliate myself further.”

And Jiyeon formed a frown on her face. She looks cute and funny at the same time.

“Yeah, I prefer the duet also. I don’t trust my dancing skills.”

Jiyeon frowned even more.

“So I guess that’s it. Let’s just choose the song tomorrow. “We could have chosen the song today but I badly want to go home immediately. I’m freaking tired and I want to throw myself into my bed right now.

“Umm, Ms. Prez…” Myungsoo spoke as I fix my things, getting ready to go home.

“Yes?”

“Do you want me to take you home?”

I was surprised for a moment but I was able to get back to my senses quickly.

“Sure.”

 

*Myungsoo’s POV*

She agreed! Oh, she really agreed! I’m the happiest man in the world right now! Wait. Did I just say “happiest man in the world”? , when did I ever been so shallow? We are now walking on the street to their house. We haven’t been talking since we left the school and this is really awkward but this awkwardness seems to make me happy somehow. Does that even make sense?

“Myungsoo…”

“Hmm?”

“You and I, are we friends?” That question made me think for a moment. Are we friends?

“I guess so. Do you consider me as a friend? Or do you even want me as your friend?” I asked her, hopeful that she will say the answer that I want to hear.

“Well, yeah. I already want to be your friend.”

“Already?”

“Because I don’t want to be your friend before. I think you are the worst person I ever met in my entire life and that you don’t have anything better to do than to pester me every day and be a nuisance to others. But sudden turn of events leads me to change my perspective about you. You are not really bad as I think you are. You have a good heart and I proved that to myself.”

I became speechless and I can’t help but to smile. Those are the words that I didn’t expect to hear from her. It’s flattering and heartwarming and it felt so nice to hear because she is the one who said it. If Daehyun or L.Joe is the one who will tell me that I have a good heart, I don’t think I will ever believe. But she, Lee Jieun, the girl that I like, is the one who said it to me, directly to me, from her beautiful lips. I think I want to believe now that I really have a good heart. My heart is fluttering from this. So gay!

 

“I like you…”

My eyes grew wide in surprise as soon as my mind processed what just my ears heard. She said she likes me? She said she likes me! I feel like flying!!!

“…to be my friend now, Myungsoo. I really like to be your friend.”

And I fell back to the ground. Did I just get friend-zoned or what?

“I would like to be your friend too, you know. I don’t think of you anymore as a monster who is under a disguise of a school council president.” I joked to ease up this different feeling in my chest.

“Yah! I’m not a monster!”

“Yes, you are not a monster. You are person with a heart that needs to be taken care of always.” She fixed her gaze on me, surprised and puzzled with what I said. But I just smiled back to her and she smiled at me too.

 

*present day* 

*10 minutes before the performance*

*Third Person POV*

 

“Are you prepared?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Did you practice well?”

“I did.”

“You won’t forget the chords and the lyrics, ok?”

“Ok.”

“Are you sure?”

“Sure as the stars are twinkling tonight up there in the sky.”

“Stars don’t twinkle, Myung. It’s all just because of the Earth’s atmosphere.”

“Alright alright. It’s not nice to have a science lecture at the backstage before a performance.”

“Are you sure you’re sure that you are ready tonight? That you won’t mess up? Because if you will make one hell of an embarrassment later on stage Myungsoo, I swear, I won’t think twice of crashing this guitar that I’m holding right now in that hard head of yours.”

“I won’t mess up. As long as you won’t leave me alone on stage, everything will go smoothly as it should be.”

She just gave an unconvinced look at him.

“I promise.” And they did a pinky promise to each other for the second time.

 

They practiced for two weeks before this performance which Myungsoo considers the second biggest thing that he ever done in his life. Well, he consider performances as a big thing and that first big thing that he did was his recital performance when he was 9 wherein he had his not so good memory that lead to him being not that comfortable being on stage. It’s new for Jieun to perform with Myungsoo so she does not really now if everything will be the alright just like how they practiced it. But she will try her best not to worry anymore because Myungsoo promised her that it will turn out well and she puts her trust on him again.

And those two weeks with Myungsoo is another different but fun experience for her. She has been able to be with the true Myungsoo that could be rarely seen by others. For Jieun, he is really a nice and fun person. He always crack jokes and acts so dumb and stupid. He could also be so clumsy at times but all of those are just so adorable in her eyes.

 

“And for the next performance, let’s give it up for Lee Jieun and Kim Myungsoo!”

The two of them came out from the backstage with a guitar on their hand. Before they start the performance, Jieun looked at Myungsoo. He seemed to be tense up a little so Jieun whispered to him “Don’t worry, I’m here.”

 

Stop being out so late
Try not to drink so often
You don’t listen to me like a 10 year old child

 

I can only laugh
Who are you calling a child?
Really, I can only laugh

 

You don’t know how it feels for me to say these things
You don’t know that I only want to say nice things to you
Should I stop? Let’s stop

 

From one to ten, they’re all words for you
But since you don’t listen to me, it’s only nagging to you

Let’s stop, let’s stop
There’s not even enough time to just love

 

A story told by the heart, not the mind
Stories that I can’t help but tell you even if you hate them

Let’s stop, let’s stop
I only hear your nagging

 

Are you eating at the right time
Are you staying away from girls
I want to be beside you all day

I don’t care if you are with girls but I’m more concerned if you are really eating at the right time. Is there someone who takes care of you or are you just living alone? It’s sad to be living alone not being take care of.

 

That’s how I feel

If I could keep you in my pocket

I’d be really happy

 

If I could only keep you in my pocket Jieun, I’ll certainly do it. I don’t know how you tend to become my happiness.

 

Our story where we can only be two
A story that would make someone laugh if they heard
Should I stop? Let’s stop

 

From one to ten, they’re all words for you
But since you don’t listen to me, it’s only nagging to you

 

You are one handsome delinquent, Myungsoo. Almost every day I scold you and always making you stay in detention. I just realized that other persons would give up on you but I didn’t and I don’t think I would ever. Maybe I do scold you not because it’s my responsibility but because I care for you.

 

Let’s stop, let’s stop
There’s not even enough time to just love

 

Could we have time for love? Will my feelings grow deeper? Will your feelings be developed? I wish it would.

 

A story told by the heart, not the mind
Stories that I can’t help but tell you even if you hate them

 

I want to share more stories with you, Myungsoo. It may be lame stories but I just simply want to have more hours with you. It just feels so nice.

 

Let’s stop, let’s stop
I only hear your nagging

 

Even if you glare and try to scare me
Your face is just too cute to me
Are you going to keep this up? I can’t hold back anymore
I really might get angry

 

A story that wouldn’t be told if we were to give up love
The sound of my heart that thinks only of you

Even if you’re angry, even if you shout
Your nagging is just so sweet to me

 

I don’t care if you will keep on scolding me every day as long as I could hear your voice and I can feel your presence. Being able to see you completes my day.

 

A story that can only be told if we love
But since you don’t listen to me, it’s only nagging to you

Let’s stop, let’s stop
But trust my feelings

 

I will trust you, Myungsoo. I will keep my trust you.

Just trust me, Jieun. My feelings won’t get wrong.

 

The audience gave them a warm round of applause. Both of them felt so happy not just because they received such feedback from the crowd but because of that different feeling they felt while singing together.

Again, Myungsoo felt that fast heartbeat. And so is Jieun.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hi dears!!!~ 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!!! CONSIDER THIS UPDATE AS A LATE CHRISTMAS GIFT! KEKE!~

LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS! I LOVE COMMENTS AS ALWAYS.

^_^