Eomonim?

I Love You, Mr. Delinquent

“So how’s Myungsoo hyung now?”

“He’s perfectly fine.”

Myungsoo just spent an overnight in the hospital and he was released the next morning. His mom came an hour after I came with Dongjun. She was a lot worried as well but Myungsoo assured her that he was fine.

I stayed there for a while until Myungsoo fell asleep.  But before I left, his mom chatted with me for a while.

“You know what Ji Eun, I really like you for Myungsoo.”

I was surprised that I don’t even know how I would respond. But her mom just smiled and continued.

“I really believe that you are good for my son.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Kim.”

“I haven’t seen him with much glow in his eyes since the day he told me that he really is in love with you.  But I wonder, is it only recently that you and Myungsoo being close to each other?”

I smiled a bit. “Myungsoo is a known trouble maker in school and he is my main problem ever since I became the president of the student council. He is spending much time in the detention and there is where I see him often.”

“It seems that my son is such a pain in the .”

“Well, I’m the like that to him either. I actually don’t know why he’s telling me that he loves me all of a sudden. Everyone will think that it’s just a joke but surprisingly, Myungsoo made everyone believe that he’s having real feelings for me.”

“Are you starting to have feelings for Myungsoo?”

I want to say that I’m not having feelings for his son but I know thing—Mothers can sense everything. And I’m pretty sure that Myungsoo’s mom had already sensed something that’s why she’s asking me. But I’m hesitant to whether I should be completely honest about my feelings for his son because hey, its Myungsoo’s mother I’m talking to.

“Ji Eun, you can tell me anything.” Myungsoo’s mom assured.

 “I… I don’t know. Sometimes I think I do, sometimes I don’t. I’m in a very confused state.”

Myungsoo’s mom smiled at me. “I understand. I guess my son should work a lot harder to make those unsure feelings be certain. And just call me eomonim, ok?”

 

“Noona, that was really something, you know?”

I looked at Junhong, who is smiling meaningfully at me. “You look too happy, Junhong.”

“It’s like you are very much welcomed by the family. You can marry Myungsoo hyung tomorrow. And Changsun hyung seems to support him as well. And I do too.”

I scoffed. “Whatever, Choi Junhong!”

 

***

It’s seven in the evening and I‘m just about to go home. The student council had a meeting today abiut the upcoming graduation. I suddenly got nervous at the thought.

It’s already settled that I wouldn’t immediately go to college. I’ll stop for a year then I would go to Japan and continue my studies there. My parents hopes that I would be interested in managing our company and take up business as my major. Changsun hyung declined before so they hope I would be very interested. I’m still thinking about it.

I’m the last one out and I know that all of the members of the council already go home so I was surprised when Jiyeon called me out from outside.

“I thought you already left. Why are you here? Is there something wrong?” She is looking so anxious.

“Kim Myungsoo is about to commit suicide. He’s on the rooftop.”

“WHAT?”

I rushed up the stairs. I didn’t bother to wait for Jiyeon to come up with me. The beat of my heart is too fast as well as my feet as I go up the rooftop to stop Myungso from whatever he’s trying to do. Why all of a sudden would that jerk think of ending his life? He is being beyond crazy.

But my pace got slower before I even entered the door of the rooftop. It is surrounded with lights which is very peculiar because who would light it up there?

I entered. The rooftop is full of lights that are placed beautifully to create a stunning effect. It’s like how the venue for the prom was decorated.

Where the hell is Myungsoo?

“Hi, princess.”

I turned and I saw a smiling with a red rose on his right hand.

I got confused. “Park Jiyeon told me that you are about to commit suicide.”

“She told you that? She’s really clever.” And he chuckled a bit.

I’m starting to get really annoyed. “What’s this, Kim Myungsoo?”

He walked towards me and gave me the rose which I accepted even if I still don’t know what’s going on.

“Graduation Ball.”

“What?”

“We’ll have our own ball tonight.”

What? Is he really serious?

Then the song suddenly started to play. He smiled and offered his hand to me.

“I never really got the chance to dance with you at the ball since I got into an accident. I wasn’t able to make that night special, so I’m doing it right now. Lee Ji Eun, can I dance with you?”

Things slowly sank into me as I smiled and took Myungsoo’s hand. “Yes, you may.”

And we danced to the song and I was surprised that Myungsoo could dance well.

“I’m sorry for what happened that night.” Myungsoo apologized.

“It’s ok. I just got really worried.”

“I love hearing that you are worried about me.”

I rolled my eyes and he chuckled. “But, who did that to you?”

“Some dudes who are so envious of my god-like handsomeness.”

I looked at him with disbelief.  “Seriously, Myungsoo?”

“But it’s true.”

“Sure, fine. Whatever.”

Then he cleared his throat before he continued. “My mom told me she talked to you in the hospital.”

“Yeah, she did.”

But then he started to ask rather slowly which kind of confused me for a bit. “Did she tell you anything funny?”

“None.”

“Something weird?”

“Nothing also.”

“Did she say something about you and me?”

“She did.”

Myungsoo suddenly looked tensed. “Did… Did she say something about having babies?”

“What!?”

“Nothing! Nothing! Good. She didn’t say something crazy. That’s good.” He said half of the sentence in a mumbling way. Is there something I should know here?

“She said that I could call her eomonim.”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened. “And you agreed?”

I just smiled meaningfully at him.

“Did you agree?”

I didn’t answered and just kept the smile on my lips as he start to grow impatient on my answer.

“Yah! Lee Ji Eun! Have you started calling my mother eomonim!?”

It’s cute seeing Myungsoo being so anxious like this. And even if we stopped dancing in the middle of the song just to ask me about his mom, I still won’t tell it.

“Why do you want to know?”

“Because it’s a big deal for me!”

“And why is that a big deal to you?”

Myungsoo suddenly became hesitant. “Just because. It’s a big deal, alright.”

“Just go ask your mother about it, ok?”

“Ji Eunnie~” Myungsoo started whining. He looks adorable!

“You know what, let’s just eat, ok? I’m getting hungry. And you already made this night special enough.” We left the school with him still bugging me about if I call her mom eomonim or not.

But this night I realized that wherever or whenever I woul dbe with him, it would really be special.

 

 


 

this chapter's a little bit off since it's only a filler chap but I promise to do well on the next one. OK?

Please do leave comments~ I would really love to hear from you~

 

lovelots,

matoki_angel