Cold Water

Let's Take A Picture

Cold Water

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The day went as fast as it could, and before I knew of it, it was night. The skies were painted in dark and somewhere it was grey or white because of the moon. Everybody was standing outside in front of the fireplace with their big jackets, scarves and mittens; even I was wearing a scarf, which covered my mouth and nose. I felt like the yeti!

Everybody was standing close and tried to stay warm, but it was like the cold air wouldn’t allow it.

“Alright, students!” Mrs. Lee said and clapped her hands together as she stood on one of the benches and looked down at us. “Tonight you are going on a Run, you already know the rules so please respect them and take good care of each other, we don’t want anyone to get hurt. Understand?!”

People just nodded and mumbled a few words, before they looked around at each other and walked towards them they were in group with.

I was about to turn around to find Luhan, when I noticed him standing just. Right. Behind. Me… I screamed.

“I just think, I died a bit,” Luhan mumbled without even looking down at me. His face was faced towards the skies over us, the moon was reflected in his big deer eyes and his breath could be seen in the air. “You really know how to scream”

“I’m sorry!” I said out of breath as I placed a hand over my heart to calm it down. It was literally beating like I just had run a marathon or had fled from my life! “Just don’t appear right behind me like that”.

 “Sorry,” Luhan said and flashed me a smile, which made my heart melt a bit.

“It’s okay,” I said and carefully grabbed his arm. “Let’s go, we got a game to win”.

He nodded and linked his arm in mine as we walked up to the teachers to get a map and a flashlight, which should help us through the forest.

I carefully looked up and the flashlight before I took a look at Luhan, who were staring at Kris. They looked like they were having some kind of conversation, which only they understood. Out of nowhere Kris nodded and started to walk towards the forest together with Jonghyun.

Everybody started to walk away in each direction. It was one of the rules, we should walk away from each other; it was only to make sure we didn’t work together with the other teams.

The trees were fast to surround us. They were reaching up towards the dark sky and tried to grab the moon with their branches, like they would hide it from the world. Branches snapped everywhere around us, every time someone took a step, a branch would make a sound, it was like a sign; we were not alone.

“Is it just straight forward?” Luhan asked and looked around.

The moon over our heads were almost visible through the trees, you were only able to see a bit of the nature around you.

“No, we have to turn somewhere down that road,” I said and pointed at the end of the road with the flashlight. It literally reminded me about the movie Wrong Turn, if we chose the wrong way we would die, if we chose the right one, it was just a question about time.

I looked up at Luhan who was walking right beside me. He was looking down at the map in his hands and tried to figure out which way was north and south.

You could hear someone giggle somewhere; you could also hear girls squeal if they heard something unknown. It was just, every time someone screamed, my heart skipped a beat, I got more and more nervous and before I knew of it, I was walking closer and closer to Luhan, until I had grabbed his arm and flung to it.

“Are you scared?” He asked when we walked down the small road.

It was long and seemed to have no end. The trees were standing right beside it and only a small fence made of tree were marking it so you wouldn’t walk of the road.

“Tch… No,” I said and bit my lower lip and looked around. I couldn’t see anything, only the trees and the shadows. “I’m never scared”.

I felt a bit pathetic because I promised to take care of Luhan, but in the end, it felt like he was the one taking care of me. Sorry Kris, but I can’t keep what I promised, the roles has been switched around.

“Are you sure~?” Luhan almost sang, as he looked down at me with a huge grin on his face.

“Yes, Luhan,” I said a bit annoyed. “I’m sure, I have never been surer, than I am now”.

“Alright, if you say so,” Luhan said and walked up in front me while he looked down at the map. “I know that Kris told you to take care of me”.

I stopped for a second and looked away. Even I knew that it wasn’t nice to know, when people underestimated you. Luhan was strong, it was something I felt quite sure on right now, he knew how to take care of himself.

“He just cares about you,” I said and started walking again.

“I know,” He said and looked down at the map again. “He is like an older brother or something. He always takes care of me and especially Lay… They are like a huge family”.

I couldn’t help but smile, when he started to compare them as a family. It was kind of weird, but I guess when Luhan says it, it’s alright.

“You are really good friends with Kris,” I said and looked up at the skies. We were standing on a spot, where we could see everything above us. The moos wasn’t covered in grey skies any longer, it was shown to the world and was now gloaming down on us.

“Yeah, he has always been there for me,” He said and leaned up against the nearest tree. “He took care of me, when we left China”.

“Yeah, you guys are from China,” I said as I remembered it. “I sometimes forget that”.

He laughed a bit and was about to say something, when a voice broke in.

“What do we have here?”

Both of us looked up, only to see Tiffany and Yoona standing in front of us. They must have split up since I knew that, Tiffany was on team with JiYeong and Yoona were on team with someone I honestly didn’t know.

They were both standing with a flashlight and were now blinding both of us. I was about to say something, when someone showed up behind them. I recognized Nichkhun and Dujun, but the last one was unknown to me.

I looked over at Luhan, who now were standing right beside me. I tried to catch his eyes, but he didn’t even look down at me, but only kept looking at the group, who obviously had decided to go against the rules.

“Shouldn’t you go back to your teams?” Luhan asked and pointed at them with the flashlight. I quickly grabbed the map from him and put it in the pocket of my jacket.

“Nah, it was getting a bit boring,” Nichkhun said and pulled on his shoulders. “This is so much more fun… It’s a shame that you don’t have the courage to try the same sometime, little deer”.

When he had said that, he placed both of his hands on Tiffanys hips and leaned op against her, so his chest was fully touching her skinny back.

“Come Luhan,” I said and grabbed his arms. “Just ignore them. We don’t want to be on same level as them”.

I tried to pull Luhan away from the others, but he just kept looking at them, totally ignored my attempts to pull him away.

“At least I’m a gentleman and not someone, who every girl he sees,” Luhan answered back.

I immediately stopped whatever I was doing; the same was the group in front of us. I never really knew that Luhan could speak like that! I mean, he looked so cute and innocent, and now he acted like a man, a really grown up man!

“What did you say to me?” Nichkhun said and pushed himself away Tiffany and started walking towards us with an angry look.

“Luhan, I think we should get away,” I said a bit in panic. “I honestly don’t want to get ”.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT NICHKHUN!?” Yoona yelled and looked at me with a face.

“Nothing!” I said as fast as I could and hid behind Luhan. It was a bit disturbing, that he was smiling like an idiot.

“Let’s get them,” Nichkhun said with a smirk on his face and before I knew of it both Luhan and I were running through the forest as fast as we could. Luhan had grabbed a hold on my arm and was pulling me up beside him, every time I was about to fall behind.

 “Luhan, you are too fast,” I said out of breath as his hand closed around mine.

“I’m sorry,” He apologized and pulled me up beside him. “We just need to get away”.

He was out of breath, just like I was. The light from the flashlight were everywhere, it was bumping up and down and showed everyone our position.

Without of nowhere Luhan suddenly jumped over the fence, which was showing us the way. The road disappeared under us and was replaced with leafs and small stones and other things you normally found in a forest. 

We ran as fast as we could, we couldn’t avoid hearing the others behind us, only the sound of the wind and the lake beside us, were making it hard to say where they precisly were.
Both Luhan and I looked back, when Dujun and Yoona suddenly showed up in front of us out of nowhere. Luhan stopped and pushed me over behind his back, when the other – Nichkhun and Tiffany – showed up behind us. We were surrounded.

“And this is where you get, when you are pissing someone of,” Yoona said and crossed her arms and started to walk around us like she was some kind of lion, who had found its victim.

I couldn’t keep my eyes of her, I felt like that innocent lamp who watched its attacker.

“Actually you started to piss Luhan off,” I said and finally looked away from her, only to stare at Nichkhun, who looked like someone who just wanted to set the whole forest on fire.

Suddenly a light were shining on our faces and blinding us. The light were quickly to disappear again, when we saw Kris and Jonghyun standing in front of us with quite boring looking faces, they looked tired of then… Just bored, really bored.

“Luhan,” Kris just said and looked directly at Luhan, who just looked down at the ground.

“I think –“ Jonghyun was about to say something, when Nichkhun suddenly stepped forward and pushed him back.

“And what exactly, do you think you’re doing?” he asked and was about to push him again, when Kris suddenly threw himself at Nichkhun.

The two boys immediately fell to the ground, where they both were trying to hit and kick each other like crazy. Dujun was about to help the fallen Nickhun, but Jonghyun was faster than expected and quickly pushed Dujun in the jaw so I felt down to the ground.

I was about to bark in, until someone grabbed my hair and pulled me back. I tried to hit and kick, but it was like none of my hits were accepted. I pushed my hands bag and grabbed the hand which was closed around my hair and tried to stick my nails into the skin, but the person didn’t react to it.

I opened my eyes and felt tears, when another pull came. It hurt like !

I saw Kris kick Nichkhun, before he ran over towards me. I had no idea about where Luhan were, I couldn’t see him because of the blurry sight, I couldn’t even see Kris probably.

“Let go!” I yelled and tried to kick out again, when I felt to the ground.

“I don’t think so,” I heard Yoona mumble, but she never really got a chance to do anything else, before she suddenly were pushed back and landed right beside me. I looked up, only to see Luhan standing with a proud smirk on his face; he reached a hand out towards me, which I gladly accepted.

He smiled and was about to say something, when something suddenly hit us. I had no idea about what it was or where it exactly came from, the only thing my brain registered was the fact that I was falling.

It was like everything was going in slowmotion.

I saw Luhan try to catch his balance, Yoona who tried to get up from the dirty ground, Jonghyun who pushed Dujun away and Kris who came running with something that looked like a concerned or scares face expression.

Even before I understood what was happening, something cold hit my back and everything diapered. Everything became black, so horrible black and dark and… Endless. I couldn’t see anything, I could only hear the sound of something which didn’t sound normal at all and I could feel the coldness around me.

I tried to move my arms and legs, but my brain wouldn’t let me, everything I tried to do, was just a waste of time.

I tried to reach out, tried to get hold onto something, when something warm and safe grabbed my hand and pulled me towards itself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

I'm once again, so sorry about being so slow to update >_< Forgive me... Again~!

I tried to make this chapter exciting so you guys wouldn't get bored and stuff like that, I hope that I succeeded, but it's only you, who can tell me that^^
And on Wednesday, I'm going to France, yay! I can describe, how excited I am, it's my first time to visit France and the best part of it is, that I'm going to stay there for a week together with my best friends! ^^

But, please tell me what you think and show me some love xD I need it... I really do :I