Quilt

Let's Take A Picture

 

Quilt

____________________________________________________________

It was like I couldn’t forget what hat happen the last night. The only thing I remembered clearly was that second the cold water from the showerhead hit me and soaked all of my clothes. I had been sitting there for two hours or so, when my mother came and got me up from the floor.

She didn’t question what there had been happening to me, and I was happy about it. I wouldn’t have been able to answer her. She undressed me and got me into my bed where I only laid and stared at the ceiling until the tiredness overcame me and I feel asleep.

That night, I dreamt about my savior. He was a black shadow; I couldn’t see what he was wearing or how he looked like, but I knew that I was grateful towards him. I didn’t even dare to imagine what could have happened if he hadn’t showed up.

Even now my hands were shaking. I couldn’t even write anything, it was like the memory was imprinted in my brain, but for some kind of reason it wouldn’t show me it.

I looked down at the numbers I had tried to write. They were all shaky and looked like something a kid would have written, it almost made me wanna cry. For a second I felt so miserable and sad, I just wanted to go home and hide under the blanket until my mom wanted to get me up.

“Alright class,” Mr. Kim said and turned towards us – away from the blackboard. “The homework is page 165 – 166. Understood?”

The whole class nodded at the same time, as Mr. Kim started to pack his stuff down into his bag. With too much energy, the rest of the class did the same and sprinted out of the classroom. It was Friday today, that meant, when I got home, there was weekend.

With a sigh, I stood up and grabbed my bag from the floor and left the class behind the others. I ignored Seohyun, who called behind me, I even ignored MiYoung who came running behind me, desperate after to catch my attention, an attention I wouldn’t give her right now.

“Yah!” I heard MiYoung call behind me. “Nana, stop!”

Once again, I ignored her.

“JiMin stop!” I still ignored her… “YAH! PARK JIMIN!”

I stopped and turned towards her. Students on the hallway had stopped up to look at us. You could see it in their eyes, how the expected us to -fight in the middle of the school. We only waited for the cheering for who they thought would win.

“What?” I asked a bit annoyed.

“Why are you ignoring me?” MiYoung asked as she grabbed my arm and dragged me down the hallway, to the two front doors and led me outside, were other students were. We found a spot on a bench behind a three, which had grown up in the middle of the schoolyard.

“I’m just… I’m just really tired,” I answered and grabbed my knees.

Slowly, I looked around and saw the other student past by, as they smiled and talked about what they were going to do in their weekend and what they were going to do when they got home etc.

“Please,” MiYoung suddenly said and grabbed me hands. “Tell me what’s wrong”.

“Like I said,” I repeated myself and looked back at the other students, before I slowly looked down on my feet. My shoes had some mud stains on them, from my trip to the fields. “I’m tired. I need a break or something, that’s it; it isn’t anything you have to worry about”.

She nodded and then slowly started to muck my hand in a slow movement.

“Alright, I trust you,” She said and before I knew of it she kissed my knuckle of my thumb. I pulled back my hand and gave her a playful smile as I slowly let my hand slide over the skin, in an attempt to remove her salvia from my hand.

“Thanks,” I said and placed both hands in my lap.

“And just because the mood shouldn’t be destroyed of you tiredness, “She said and suddenly looked at something behind me. “Guess who’s walking out from the school right now”.

“Hmmm, let me think,” I said sarcastic. “Hmmm…. Kris?”

“How had you learned to guess that well?” She said and slapped my arm in a gentle manner.

“I don’t know,” I said and pulled my shoulders. “Years of practice”.

We laughed a bit, when MiYoung’s eyes fell back on Kris, who now was talking to Sehun. They laughed about something, when Kris suddenly turned his face towards us. I heard MiYoung gasp beside me, when she noticed the same as I did.

“Isn’t he just fantastic?” She squealed and looked like someone who was about to puke small angels up and send them to Kris, who they would attack with small heart shaped arrows.

“Yeah, Fantastic,” I sighed as I crossed my arms and looked at the football field, where they boys were playing a football game. They ran towards each other and tackled each other in a relentless way. “Look, there’s Minho!”

I really don’t know why, but before I knew of it, I grabbed MiYoung’s hands and ran towards Minho, who were playing basket with some of his friends. Some girls had taken a chance and were now trying to defeat him, without success of course. Minho was the best basketball player in our school, he and his team had won, I don’t know how many matches.

“Nooo!” MiYoung complained in a dramatically way. “I want to look at my Kris!”

“Hi Minho,” I said when we reached them.

He stopped the playing and looked at us.

“Hi,” He answered and threw the ball towards us. I quickly grabbed it and started to walk towards him. “Wanna play?”

I nodded and threw the ball over to Amber, who was one of the girls, who once in a while actually defeated Minho. Yup, Amber was a bit cool… Sorry, I lied… She is actually pretty awesome; I mean she is a Tomboy!

A few more people joined us on the field so we could make two teams. My team was Amber, MiYoung, Kyuhyun, Zelo and Lizzy, while Minho’s team was Jonghyun, GiKwang, Tao and Kris… Wait, WHAT?!

I could feel my heart speed up. I took a deep breath, when an unknown feeling suddenly invaded my brain. Uncomfortable, insecurity, nervousness and fear. It was like my brain screamed that I should keep distance to him, but right now I was too proud to back away from him.

Beside me, MiYoung squealed and gave me a quick smile before we moved out on the field.

I kept my eyes on Minho, who only looked at the ball. That was the huge secret… look at the ball and never misses the sight of it. Before I knew of it, the ball had been thrown to MiYoung, who now were running down the field; while she quickly looked around in an attempt to find someone she could give the ball.

I ran as fast as I could, when I felt a pair of hands lock around my waist and swing me back. For a second, just a second, I could feel more hands on me. Hands which were touching, roaming and clingingly, they were touching me everywhere. Running down, towards parts I never would let anyone touch.

Before I knew of it, I punched my elbow back, when I hit someone right in the stomach. Shocked, the hands let go of me and I quickly turned around to see, who I had hit. To my surprise it was Minho.

“Oh God, Minho I’m so sorry!” I said in panic and placed my hands on his shoulders.

What have you done?!

“It’s alright,” he said in pain and gave me small smile, a smile that made me feel more quilt. “I’m fine”.

He straightened up and looked actually fine, but under that smile of his, I could see the hidden pain in his eyes.

“I’m really sorry Minho,” I said and was almost desperate after to do something there would make him smile. Not just that painful smile, but a real smile. “I thought you were someone else!”

“Its fine,” He said again and suddenly hugged me. “I’m fine, I’m not dead”.

I nodded and apologized again, before I slowly left the field. I wouldn’t hurt him again, oh God I didn’t want to hurt him again.

With careful steps I left the school ground and started to walk home. My hand was constantly placed on the phone in my pocket; I was ready to call for someone if I was attacked again.

You can’t let that little incident stop you!

My mother always told me that, if there was happening anything bad, you shouldn’t let it stop you. She had once known a girl, who was bullied in school. The girl was so sad and broken, that she one day tried to take her own life. My mother stopped her, and told her to be strong and ignore the mean people, who were after her.

My mother always wanted people to be strong and keep fighting for the things they believed in. They shouldn’t let things like bullying stop them. They should and had to be strong, no matter what!

I had been walking so far, that I didn’t even realized where I was. I was defiantly not in Gangnam any longer. We lived by the edge of Gangnam, and normally I didn’t have to walk that far from our apartment to find the field, where I used to take pictures.

I looked around and noticed the familiar sign with the letters: “private road” on it.  I was actually standing in front of the gravel road, which lead up to the field, where I took pictures of the Deer.

“I must have been in my own world,” I mumbled to myself as I started walking down the road. Still with my hands in my pockets, I crawled over the fence and walked down the hill, between the tall grasses.

I stopped, when I noticed something on the field. A deer standing tall and proud and looking after enemies. Slowly and silent, I let my hand slide down to the side of my legs, when my hands didn’t catch anything. After a few attempts of trying to reach my bag with the camera in, I stopped.

I didn’t have my camera.

My camera was broken and probably stolen by those men, who had attacked me.

I felt like crying. My camera… It was gone!

I could feel my heart speeding up, as I stood there and saw the deer walk away. Why…. I didn’t know what I should say or do.  It was like everything suddenly wanted to attack me, like I was an ant surrounded by humans.

I took a few deep breaths, when a branch cracked behind me. I quickly turned around, only to see a guy I wished not to see. Kris. He was standing behind me, and was now looking really harmless at me. For the first time, his eyes weren’t trying to take my soul or kill me. He looked like he was worried.

“Hi,” He said.

I was almost shocked. His voice, it was really deep and masculine. I didn’t really expect that.

“H-hi,” I answered a bit nervous.

“Uhm, I wanted to give you this,” He said and reached me something. I didn’t hesitate to take the object in his hands, I recognized it in that second I saw it, but the question was now, why did he have it?

“Thanks,” I said and looked at the bag in my hand. He had found my bag!

Carefully I opened the bag, only to see a camera, a new camera, which wasn’t mine. The bag was mine, but the camera wasn’t.

Kris noticed my hesitation and slowly picked up the camera and turned it around in his hands.

“The other one was destroyed,” He said and looked at the camera. “Your pictures survived, but the camera didn’t so I bought you a new one… I know that you like to take pictures, right?”

I looked at the camera in between his hands; it looked to small and fragile between his big hands. In my hands, it always looked like it would break my hands. I couldn’t help, but notice the way he carefully touched it, he looked like he was scared of breaking it, like he wasn’t used to hold a camera like this.

“I like to take pictures, yes,” I said and took the camera when he reached me it. “Thank you”.

I the camera and the first picture I saw, was the picture of Kris and Luhan. Kris had mentioned that the pictures had been saved, but… Did that mean, he had seen the pictures?

“Kris-ah, you didn’t have to do that,” I said and gave him the camera back. “These cameras are expensive, I want to repay you”.

“No, you don’t have to,” He said pretty secure on himself. “If I didn’t want to give you this camera, I would have given you the broken camera back”.

I swallowed and looked down at the new camera in my hands. I could feel the heat rise up in my cheeks, as I slowly lifted it and pointed the lens at Kris. He looked a bit confused, until I pressed the bottom and the blitz showed up.

The pupils in his eyes got small, and he looked like he was totally lost for s second until he blinked a couple of minutes.

“Thank you for giving me new a camera,” I said and smiled. “And thanks for saving me”.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

First of all, I want to apologize for two things:

1. I'm sorry it took so long to update, but I have had a huge writers block this week, and I really didn't know what to write about. And then my teachers just decided this week, that they wanted to give us tons of homework -.-'

2. I'm sorry, if this chapter seems a bit fast. I tried to make it slow and comfortable as possible ^^

So I hope that you enjoyed this and still want to continue reading this ^^ May all of you have a really good weekend and holiday to them who are going to have that xD