It Begins With... Everything

Let's Take A Picture

It Begins With... Everything

____________________________________________________________

I didn’t want to get up that day. Everything seemed to be so depressing, I mean, the skies outside were painted in grey colors, the snow had painted everything white, my room was in darkness and so was my mood.

With the thick white blanket over my body, I was lying in the bed and starring into nothing. It was like I had forgotten the problems for a moment, but now they had returned back to my brain. I didn’t want to get up, because I had to go to school, where everybody I knew was.

I didn’t want to leave the apartment; it was like everything was dangerous outside the house. I could almost imagine myself leaving the apartment and then everybody would look and point at me like I was some kind of alien from another planet, who just crashed down on this earth.

I quickly hid under the blanket, so the light was blocked out. Everything was now literally black and dark. For a couple of seconds I actually enjoyed the darkness, the feeling of being alone, it was like I was allowed to forget about everything. Forget about the problems in the world, the exams, the expectations from parents and friends. Everything.

I enjoyed this feeling for a couple of seconds until the blanket out of nowhere was pulled away from my face. I was my mother’s face right in front of me; it almost made me jump because of the shock I got. I wasn’t really expecting her to be so close.

“What do you want?” I asked a bit a drowsy and turned around so I was lying on my stomach.

“It’s time to get up,” My mother said and threw the blanket down on the floor, where I couldn’t reach it.

As annoyed as I could be, I slowly forced myself to sit up and looked around before I slowly as possible stood up and walked towards the closet, where I found my uniform. Like any other day, I did my morning routines and said goodbye to my mother before I left the apartment.

It was cold like any other day, it was like the weather wanted to make my mood worse. I felt like crying for a few seconds and then just run away. If just the world worked like that, it would make things a lot easier.

Like I had predicted, people were staring at me as I walked by them. I checked my shoes, my jacket, my scarf, but everything just seemed fine, there weren’t any thing ordinary on my that could claim people attention like now. To be honest, I didn’t even knew if they actually were staring at me or it just were my imagination.

I tried my best to ignore my paranoia and continued to walk.

After, what felt like hours, I reached the school where everybody just was about to go inside. I understood them, I wouldn’t stay out in this weather anyway, it was too cold and too…. Cold again…

I ran up towards the entrance, where I quickly stomped my shoes, so the snow could fall off. I took one last look out at the parking lot, before I grabbed the door handle and pushed the door open.

The first thing I saw, was everything was painted in completely white, the next thing I noticed was two people who was running from left to right, tearing paper down from the walls and lockers. The third thing I noticed was how people’s faces slowly turned towards me, as the smiled and laughed in silence. 

I could feel goose bumps running up my arms and down my neck, as I slowly and almost scared looked down at the papers which were lying under my feet. I could clearly see the picture, it was following me, starring at me, killing me.

Big red letters were painted on the edges of the paper. I recognized the words from the comments the picture had gotten.

“What’s up, ”

I quickly looked the side, to see on of the older students walk past me and down the hall as he wore a huge smile on his face.

I couldn’t just stand here and try to keep my tears back, I had to do something. With one quick decision, I walked towards the first locker I saw and tore the papers down one by one. I kept every single little paper in my hand as I continued to tear them down.  Some of the papers even cut my fingers in the fast act of mine, but I didn’t care, right now it wasn’t a problem if I got cut or anything, I just wanted the pictures to disappear.

Suddenly I bumped into someone and looked up. I saw Suho standing right beside me, with a lot of papers under his arms; he had a serious and almost angry looking expression on his face. 

Out of nowhere, I grabbed his arm and turned him towards me. I hid my face in his chest and hugged him as tight as I could. His heart was beating loud against my ear and his hands were placed around me, the papers he had been holding were now lying on the floor among the other papers.

“It’s gonna be alright,” he whispered and held me as tight as I held him.

I didn’t answer him, because I couldn’t. The tears were streaming down my face and sobs were escaping my lips. I tried to stop the tears from running, but I couldn’t. I never felt so bad in my life as I did now, I felt so helpless and broken.

“Oh my, what is this?”

I froze as the voice reached my ears. Slowly, I looked up and saw MiYoung standing in the middle of the hall with a paper in her hand, shaking on her head as a group of girls behind her giggled and looked over her shoulders to see the picture.

“I didn’t even know, you were one of those girls,” She said scornfully and shook her head once again like she was disappointed.

The tears, which had been under control for a few second, started to run again. I didn’t even have a chance to think, before I as fast as I could, ran down the hall, towards a place where I probably could be alone. My feet slipped under the papers, as I pushed the door open and entered the white room which was the girl’s bathroom.

I stumbled towards on of the stalls and closed the door, before I slowly slid down the wall and sat on the floor.

I tried to get my breath under control, but it was stuck in my neck. My cheeks were latterly hurting from the crying and my heart was beating fast. Why did this happen? Why did she do that?!

“,” I cursed as I grabbed my hair and placed my head between my knees.

For a few seconds I was left there alone, until I heard the door open and someone entered. The steps were careful as they slowly moved across the floor.

“Nana, are you in here?”

I recognized Seohyuns voice, as she slowly pushed the stall door open and looked down at me. Behind here were Luna, she was mad, almost furious. Her cheeks were red like she just had been crying and uniform was curled here and there.

“Are you alright?” Seohyun asked as she sat down on her knees beside me. With shaking hands she grabbed mine and gave them a squeeze and tried to give me an encouraging, which ended up being a grimace instead.

“I’m fine,” I said and looked away.

“Listen Nana, don’t let MiYoung tear you down,” Luna suddenly said as she leaned in over Seohyun. “She is a , and that’s the truth… She wants to see you break down, because she is mean. Don’t let her do that!”

I smiled for a second.

“I know that,” I said and looked up at her. “But it’s not like I can be happy and smiling, when there are pictures of me around the entire school! I try to stay calm and ignore it, but it hurts so bad, that I can’t even describe it!”

“Just don’t break down,” Luna said and sat down on the floor and pouted. “Maybe you should go hom…”

She never got a chance to say what she wanted, when the door suddenly was kicked open. All three of us almost jumped when the door hit the wall and slowly was about to close again, if it wasn’t for the people who stepped inside.  I recognized Luhan, Suho and Kris and Sehun, but right now it was unclear to me, who the others were.

I didn’t really get a chance to say anything, when Kris suddenly was sitting down in front of me with both hands placed on my shoulders.

“Are you alright?” He asked and looked at me with a glare I couldn’t describe.

“I’m fine,” I said and placed both of my hands on his and pulled them away from my shoulders. To my own surprise, he didn’t let go of mine and for some kind of reason, I didn’t let go of his either. His hands were cold, like he just had been outside, but it didn’t matter. The important part was that, he was here.

“Nana, maybe you should go home,” Luhan said kind of nervous and scratched his neck. “I mean, it’s just, people would probably be mean and stuff?”

I looked at Seohyun, who nodded and slowly started to get up.

I sighed, before I slowly got up with the help from Kris. He placed an arm around my shoulders like I was some kind of kid, who shouldn’t get lost in a crowd.

I had a huge urge to place my arms around him and just hide. I really didn’t want to leave the bathroom right now; I didn’t want to see the others faces or being the one who people judges.

The door was slowly pushed open as we stepped outside, where there was a surprising silence. Those students who had been standing and laughing just a few minutes ago, were now standing in silence and looking down at their feet like they were ashamed of them self.

We took a few steps down the hall, as we noticed why people were so silent. The principal was standing in the middle of the hall with two teachers by his sides. He had obviously just got here, and was now starring down the long hall with a quite shocked face.  

“What is going on here?” he almost yelled so everyone could hear it.

Nobody answered, nobody dared to.

I clung to Kris, as he slowly started to walk down the hall. For a few minutes everybody were looking at us, until we reached the principal, who quickly placed a hand on Kris shoulder to keep him back.

“Nobody is leaving the school, until we get an answer on what’s going on, Mr. Wu”, he said with a serious look.

“Maybe you should take a look at the papers,” Kris said and almost looked just as angry as the principal. “Then you would understand why I’m trying to get miss Park out of here… Sir”

Slowly the principal bent down and picked up the paper, which were lying over his shoe. He took a short look at it, before he nodded to Kris and we once again was heading towards the front door.

It had stopped snowing, but the cold was still there. We walked down the road, close to each other as possible, like if we let go, we would never be able to see each other again.

“I hate her, Kris,” I mumbled as I looked down at the white road. It seemed too surrealistic, and almost stupid. I had never in my entire life expected this to happen. It was only in dramas and movies thing like this happened, not in real life... It shouldn’t happen in real life.

“I know,” Kris mumbled and pulled me closer. “I know…”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

About 2 hours, I will be sitting in a room, writing a text for my exam and for the first time, I'm not nervous! Van it get any better!! ^^ 
As I wrote this chapter I got this crazy idea, for this story! Of course I'm not going to reveal it, because then it will be no fun ^^

I hope that you enjoyed it, and I hope that the last words Nana said, will make you think a bit~
Thank you for subscribing and commenting!