The Man With The Rifle

Let's Take A Picture

The Man With The Rifle

____________________________________________________________

 

“Where are we going to stay?” I asked and looked at the two cabins which were placed in front of us. One of the cabins were some kind of “living room” if you could call it that, it was also where we should make our food and the place we should spent together etc. The other cabin was only for sleeping and then there was a bathroom.  I only knew that because MiYoung had told me on the way up the stairs.

“In that cabin!” Luna suddenly yelled and ran as fast as she could towards the cabin in front of us. I had never seen her run that fast before, if she ran a bit faster you could see the smoke behind her.

I couldn’t help but laugh, when she almost ran into Mr. Kim, who came out from the sleeping cabin. He looked merely shocked and grabbed her shoulders and pushed her bit aside.

Luna looked back at us with a huge smile on her lips, before she suddenly started laughing like there was no tomorrow. People around her looked at her like she was some kind of maniac.

“She is crazy,” I heard MiYoung mumble before she walked towards the cabin, with me right behind.

The cabin was already full of students, who tried to find a bed where they could sleep, and of course it was important to sleep beside your nearest friends.

The bed was standing up against the wall down “the hallway made of beds”. At the end of the “hallway” there was a door, which I could see lead to the bathroom. I was about to find my spot beside MiYoung when the door suddenly flew up.

“Yah! Lu Han, get back here!”

Luhan came running in, pushing and almost kicking to get through the crowd of students, who threw themselves at the bed to avoid the kid.

“MOVE!” He yelled and ran and jumped as fast as he could. I never really got a chance to notice what he was running with, it looked like a bag, but I wasn’t sure, before I was pushed down on the bed in front of me.

Behind Luhan came Kris running. His long legs made it easy to him to avoid the other students who still were shocked over the little deer escaping. Kris even used some of the students to get faster by placing his hands on their shoulders and jump over bag and shoes which laid everywhere.

Without even realizing what was happening, a horrified scream filled the room. All of us looked shocked down at the deer, who now were placed under Kris on one of the beds.

“Kris, don’t kill him!” Kyungsoo’s scream joined Luhan’s, and he was now walking down the “hallway” with Kai right behind him. They tried to avoid bags, but soon Kai’s foot was stuck in one of the straps and feel to the floor.

“Give it back!” Kris suddenly yelled and gained our attention again. He had his arm pressed against Luhan’s neck and looked like someone who could kill the little deer in seconds. His hand was outstretched and he obviously wanted something.

“Never!” Luhan snarled and tried to get free from Kris’s grip, but without success.

“Now”

I had never in my entire life with Kris, seen him so mad before. He seriously looked like someone who would kill everybody in this cabin and burn it down just right after… We were all doomed…

I glanced towards MiYoung and for the first time in my life, I wanted to facepalm so badly. She had stars in her eyes as she looked at Kris, you could literally see her eyes run up and down is figure. She probably imagined it was her who was lying under Kris… That thought made me uncomfortable.

“Alright, alright!” Luhan yelled as Kris pressed his arm harder down in his neck. A black object was given back to Kris, who with a satisfied smile jumped away from Luhan and putted the object back in his pocket.

They looked around for a moment and then realized how much attention they had gathered from the others.

“That embarrassing,” Lune mumbled and fell down on all fours beside me.

“New plan!” MiYoung suddenly said and pulled us closer to her so our heads almost bumped together. “We sleep over there”.

She pointed at the bed where Kris and Luhan just had laid before and smiled an evil smile. I noticed the black bags there were placed beside each other and before I knew of it, I recognized the bag Kris had pulled out from the bus a few hours ago.

“No, no, no, no!” I protested and started at her. “You want us to sleep beside Kris and his friends… Forget it, if you do that, one of us will be found dead because we were choked with a pillow!”

“Yeah, and I don’t want that!” Luna yelled and stood up in the bed. “I want to live!”

“Me neither!” I said.

MiYoung only shook her head before she grabbed all of our stuff and dragged them over to the beds and placed them on the mattresses.

“If he kills you…” She stopped and thought about it for a moment, before she once again opened and said: “It’s probably your own fault”.

“Who kills whom?” Luhan suddenly said, he had obviously listened to our conversation or then his mind had reacted when MiYoung had mentioned the word “kill”.

“The man who hides out in the forest with a rifle,” MiYoung answered and stared at Luhan who’s eyes suddenly were more wider than normally. If he opened them more, I was pretty sure that they would fall out and then there would be a mess on the floor.

“There is a man who hides in the forest?” He asked. He really reminded me about a deer right now, he was the deer of course and he was afraid of the hunter, who only waited for him somewhere out there.

“Yeah,” MiYoung continued and sat down on the bed with her hands placed in her lap. She enjoyed the attention she got from the boys in front of her inclusive Kris, who had a smirk on his lips. “Haven’t you guys heard? That there were a bunch of teenagers who were killed out here? In 2007?”

Luhan shook his head as he suddenly grabbed Kris’s arm.

“There were some students just like us, who were on a school trip exactly like us. They were just going to have fun and enjoy a weekend together, when they slowly started to disappear one. By. One.

As if I know, they started to suspect each other because the teachers had told them that they were the only one in the forest, but they were obviously wrong. I’m sorry that I can’t tell much more, I don’t really know the details other than only two students survived, but they were traumatized for the rest of their lives and didn’t trust anyone, not even their parents or closest friends.

The killer was never found, so people are staying away from this place, they even say that no one wants to go out here alone because they are scared of the man. I thought you knew that”.

Luhan stared at MiYoung like he was going to cry, even I got a bit scared, but something told me that MiYoung actually knew what she was talking about. There was something about the way she spoke, that made me scared and unsecure.

“Kris, I want to go home,” Luhan mumbled and grabbed Kris’s arm.

“I’m pretty sure no one can touch you here Lulu,” Kris said and pushed Luhan away from his arm. “And, now I have a scared deer, thanks MiYoung”.

For a second MiYoung looked like she was going to faint before she careful mumbled a ‘you’re welcome’. I was about so say something, when the door suddenly was kicked open and Mr. Kim was standing in the door.

“So students, now that you have packed out we are going to meet outside,” He said and disappeared as fast as he had showed up. Everybody looked at each other for a while, before we slowly left the cabin, to find our teachers standing in front of the fireplace like we were in the army or something like that. With spread legs and hands folded behind their bags, they told us to stop in front of them and stay silent.

“Alright Students,” Mr. Kim said and looked at all of us. “We want to start this trip with a not-so-comfortable-night. We are going to start this trip with a Run For The Night. You are going to be split up in teams, and the first team who come back first is going to win a secret prize”.

Noise quickly filled the air. It wasn’t complains or anything like that, it was rather excitement, everybody wanted to win that secret prize no matter what it was.

“We simply want this game to be a little, what should we call it? A get-together thing. Because we are more than one class, it would be good if you all learned each other to know better,” Mrs. Lee said and smiled at us, as she clapped her hands together and looked at Mr. Kim.

“Correctly,” Mr. Kim agreed and found a piece of paper from his pocket. “The teams are going to be:

Luna & Sulli

Tiffany & JiYeong

Amber & Minzy

Jonghyun & Kris

MiYoung & Kyungsoo

JiMin & Luhan”

All the teams were made and there was silence… Too much silence. Nobody dared to say a word, as they slowly looked around at each other.

I looked at Luhan, who still looked like a scared deer and then I looked at MiYoung who looked a bit shocked at Kyungsoo, who looked exactly the same.

Out of nowhere everybody started to complain about their teams. They yelled and was almost killing each other because of it, I was about to say something to MiYoung, when I felt someone pull in my sleeve. I looked at the person who had tried to get my attention, when my eyes landed on a chest. Slowly, I looked up and felt my cheeks getting heating up.

“Can I speak with you?” Kris asked and looked as serious as always.

I didn’t even get a chance to nod before he grabbed my shoulder and pushed me away from the others. Nobody saw or even noticed it, not even MiYoung, who now were looking around after something or someone.
We stopped when we got near the sleeping cabin, where Kris finally released me. My shoulder was sore after his tight grip.

 “You are on team with Luhan, right?” Kris asked and put his hands in his pocket as he looked down at me. I felt so small, when I looked up and met his gaze, when I say that I was looking down at me, it was almost like he was glaring, like there was nothing but hate behind the brown eyes of his.

“Yes, I am,” I said and took a step back, when my back hit the wall behind us.

“I actually want to ask you about something,” Kris said as something behind his eyes softened. “I want you to take care of Luhan… Some people actually think he’s strong and stuff like that, but let’s just say that, after what MiYoung told him, he got a bit scared”.

I nodded and tried to understand his words right. He wanted me to take of Luhan because he was scared. What should I do?! I was scared too, I didn’t even like the story MiYoung told.

“I will… try my best,” I said and carefully looked up at him. “But Kris, if he gets scared out there, I will try my best to get him calm”.

“Thanks,” Kris said and placed his hands on my shoulders. They felt so big on my small shoulders, that I couldn’t stop myself from looking down at his hands. I looked back at Kris again, when he suddenly removed his hands in the speed of light and walked away like our conversation never found place.

I looked up, when I noticed the sky. The sun was still standing proud on its skies and only waited to go down behind the ocean, things would be painted in orange and red colors and I would hunt every piece of nature with my camera.

I started to walk back towards the others, when I noticed something. I couldn’t put words on what it was, but it made me feel uncomfortable and scared. It was like there was someone behind me, someone who watched me from behind.

Slowly I looked back, only to see nothing beside trees and bushes.

I gulped and started to walk again, this time just a bit faster than before. Oh God, why couldn’t I see MiYoung?!

I started to run, when I reached the other students and pushed me inside the crowd where I found Seohyun standing with a blank expression.

“Oh, there you were,” She said and grabbed my arms and hugged me.

“Seohyun,” I said a bit in panic. “I think I need to take a nap or something”.

I wasn’t sure if I really had been watched or it just was my paranoia, but I was sure on that I was feeling unsecure right now. My heart was beating fast and it was like every sense in my body was on guard. It was like, when I took pictures at night and a branch would crack somewhere in the dark. Every time that happened I would reach the same way; on guard.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

 

I have lied... I promised you a exciting chapter, but it was only boring as hell... Forgive me, my small potatoes, forgive me. 

But, do you think that Nana really was being watched or was it just her imagination? The big question! 

I honestly thought it was a bit funny, when Becky-Ah said that Kris reminds her of Mr. Darcy, because that day I got that comment, I bought Pride and Prejudices (book-version).

But I hope that every one of you are going to have a really good weekend!

Bye~!