Mr. Creepy-Looking-Guy

Let's Take A Picture

Mr. Creepy-Looking-Guy

____________________________________________________________

Carefully the wind tore in the threes and the grass on the field. A light layer of morning dew lay on the grass, while the fog slowly flew around in the air. The sun already stood half on the sky and made everything look so beautiful and nice, it was like you just could forget everything and relax and just escape from the big city life.

She stood there in the middle of all the beauty and looked around. Her skinny body walked slowly forward as she let her head go down to the wet grass. The brown fur on her back was so beautiful in the sun; it was so natural and pretty. It almost hurt, when the thought about a bullet could kill her in seconds if she wasn’t careful enough.

She just walked around on the field and looked around in an attempt to find food before the winter attacked the country.

In a slow movement I adjusted the lens on the camera and breathed out. One wrong move and I would miss this chance.

“Please don’t move,” I whispered to myself and breathed out again.

I held the camera in front of my eye and was about to take the picture. I just needed this, it looked so perfect together.

“Yah, Nana!”

The deer quickly looked up before it immediately fled. It jumped away and disappeared into the forest, where I never would see it again.

I sighed annoyed, when I heard footsteps behind me.

“I really don’t understand why you want to wake up this early, “MiYoung said and stopped beside me. Her overknee socks were wet and there was some grass on them, the same with her shoes. “Just to go out and take some pictures”.

I smiled and packed the camera away in the bag I had brought with me. Carefully I swung the bag over my shoulder and started walking back towards the road, which just lay some meters away from us.

“I do it, because I like it,” I said and smiled.

“And you know that I don’t understand, how you can do it, “She said, almost laughed as the linked our arms together. “I brought your uniform.”

“Thanks,” I said and crawled over the fence that separated the field and the road from each other. We only walked a few more meters when we reached the red car there were parked in the road.

MiYoung was one year older than me, and that meant she had a license and right now, she pretty much enjoyed the “borrow” her mother’s car from time to time.  She always was so nice to pick me up, when we were going to school.

In the car I changed from my jeans and sweater to the usual school uniform. It was just an ordinary one, just like those you saw in dramas etc. It was a white shirt, a black/blue bow, skirt and blazer plus overknee socks with white stripes on the edge.  

 As we drove I crawled over at the front seat beside MiYoung. She was focused on the road as she in snail's pace drove into the parking lot on the school ground.

We lived in the Gangnam District in Seoul. Originally I was from Incheon, but moved to Seoul in an age of 4, I never really got the story about why me and my mother moved to Seoul, every time I asked my mother would avoid the question and then talk about something else. I always hated when she did that, she never told my anything about her life before Seoul.

“Let’s get out of here,” MiYoung said and got out of the car. It was autumn and the whole school ground was painted with brown, orange, red and yellow colored leafs there kept falling from all the threes.

We entered the school, when MiYoung stopped and grabbed my arm.

“See you in the break, right,” She said and pointed at my nose.

“Yes, like always,” I said and grabbed her finger.

She gave me one last smile before we waved goodbye and walked down the hall, away from each other. Like I said, MiYoung was older than me, which meant she was in a higher class than I, so we didn’t have any classes together at all.

I reached my classroom and walked inside. I found my usual spot by the table and sat down. The classroom were already filled with students, when a person sat down in front of my.

“Morning, Nana,” She said and the chair so we faced each other.

“Morning Seohyun,” I answered and smiled. Seohyun and I shared the interest in taking pictures; actually we met on the football field where both of us took pictures of the players, which gladly posed for a picture or two.

There didn’t even go two minutes before the teacher Mrs. Han came into the classroom.

“Now sit down, and let’s start,” She said and opened the book she had placed on the disk in front of her. The class immediately did as they were told and the lessons begun. I was so lucky that I was in this class, I mean we were the easy class to say it in a nice way, from time to time we could hear the class beside us because they yelled so much. I remembered once where we were all reading and suddenly a loud bang had interrupted us all and before we knew of it Mrs. Han had left the class and ran into the other class were thing obviously didn’t go as relaxed as it did in here.

The two lessons were fast over and before I knew of it I walked down the hall with my camera bag and my schoolbag over the shoulder. I reached my locker and sat the bags down. Slowly I started to remove the books so there could be some room for my camera bag and then as careful as always I put the bag in and locked the locker again.

“There you are!”

I looked up and saw MiYoung run towards me.

“Hi,” I greeted and grabbed her extended hand.

“Let’s go and get something to eat, I’m starving,” MiYoung said and literally dragged my behind her down to the cafeteria, where we found our table. Yes, it was our table because we always sat there and ate together with Seohyun, Jia and Luna. We weren’t one of those groups, who always walked together, we were just some students who liked each other’s company and didn’t want to spend the break alone.

Jia and Luna were in the same class as MiYoung. They hadn’t known MiYoung as long as I had, as if I know, they all three met each other in elementary school and since then they had kept the contact and was now in the same High school.

MiYoung and I had known each other since the day I moved to Seoul. I remembered that I had been sitting on the stairs just right outside out apartment and then MiYoung had walked over to me and started to talk. We sat there on the doorstep for hours and just talked. I told her about myself and she did the same. We talked and talked until her mother showed up and took her home.

I knew from that day that MiYoung was a person I could trust and I had stayed by her side since then.

“Hi,” We all greeted at the same time, when MiYoung and I reached the table. There was a short amount of awkward silence before everything turned out normally again. We were just a small part of the noise in the cafeteria; everybody talked loudly to each other, some even yelled from table to table, which just was annoying.

“I just hate math,” Luna suddenly outburst and placed her head on the table.

“Me too,” I said and patted her on the back. “You are not alone”.

Luna looked up at me and before I knew of it she dramatically hugged me and mumbled a lot of “thanks for staying by my side” and “thanks for sharing my pain”.

“You say you hate math,” Jia suddenly said and swallowed the food she had in . “I defiantly prefer math over P.E.”

MiYoung was about to say something, when she suddenly just stared out in the room with wide open.

“Close your mouth, sweetie or else you are going to swallow a fly,” Jia said and closed MiYoung’s mouth by placing her hand under her chin and move her hand up.

Luna removed herself from me and looked back as she tried to see what had got MiYoung’s attention.

“Ahh,” She said and smiled and then looked back at us, before she suddenly got serious. “ARE YOU CRAZY?! LOOK DOWN PEOPLE!”

Jia immediately removed her hand from MiYoung and looked down, the same did Seohyun, Luna and I. Whenever Luna yelled like that everybody knew that they should listen to her warning. It was really rare that Luna yelled and screamed, but when she did, she always had a good reason to do it.

“Mr. Creepy-looking-guy has just entered,” Jia said as she glared towards the door, while her head still was turned down.

We all sat with our heads down like we prayed to an unknown god. Around in the room there only were a few girls who squealed while other started to whisper to each other. Nothing else changed but that, the boys still talked loudly to each other and the same did the most of the girls. 

“Stop acting like that,” MiYoung said and pouted as she hit Jia on the arm. “He isn’t creepy at all”.

“S-sorry to say, but he is,” Seohyun said and looked down again. “He is creepy”.

“I agree with Seohyun,” I said and placed both of my hands on the edge of the table. “I mean, I don’t even like to look at him, actually I would prefer if I didn’t even go to the same school as him. Not because I want to sound like mean or anything, it’s just like he look through your soul or something”.

“He doesn’t,” MiYoung protested and crossed her arms. “He’s just handsome, that’s all”.

“Yeah, handsomely creepy,” Jia said and looked directly into MiYoung’s eyes like she tried to convince her about the fact that she was right.

“Shut up, and let’s go back to class,” MiYoung said and stood up before she grabbed my arm and pulled me after her… again. I waved a quick goodbye and then looked back at MiYoung.

As we walked I kept my glance at the ground until we were out of his sight. I didn’t even think I would survive, if he looked into my eyes! I once heard some girls talk in the bathroom where they talked about him. They said, that they once had eye contact with the guy and that they never had felt like themselves any longer. I wouldn’t even take the chance and look at him!

We walked down between the lockers, when a thought hit me.

“Wait, I forgot something,” I said and pulled away from MiYoung’s grip and ran towards my locker. As fast as I could I opened it and grabbed my bag and closed the locker again. I could hear people talk around me, which meant that we wasn’t the only one who was about to return back to their classrooms.

Slowly I backed away from the locker, when I bumped into someone.

“Oh, I’m sorr-“

My eyes widened, when I looked directly into those angry-looking eyes. I didn’t even give the guy a chance to say anything before I pulled my bag into my chest and ran past him, towards MiYoung. I grabbed her hand and pulled her after me down the hall with my face still turned towards the floor and eyes closed.

That  just didn't happen!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

So this was the first chapter, I really hope you guys enjoyed it ^^

Personally I really liked to write this chapter, I mean I was just so realxed and everything, so I really hope that this chapter came out just as good as it felt to write^^