Coffee & Cream

Let's Take A Picture

Coffee & Cream

_________________________________________________________

“I think I just died a bit,” I said and looked down at the camera in my hands.

“Nonsense,” my mother said as she walked around in the living room. “Don’t be so harsh to the poor boy”.

I sighed and let myself fall down in the big chair. Or living room was simply decorated with white walls and a brown wooden floor. We had white furniture and a brown coffee table, which matched the floor. Silver lamps stood on a table beside the white couch and green plants stood proudly on the coffee table and floor. Tons of pictures hung on the wall. Every picture was a memory from the past, there was a picture of my mother together with her bridesmaids, a picture of me in my first school uniform, another picture of me who laid on the floor and was about to take a picture etc.

I had just gotten home from school and was now telling my mother about the day. She never really understood my pain when I told her about the incident at the school and she just said that I should be nice to the creepy guy. How could she say that? She didn’t even know how he looked like!

“Umma, I swear,” I said and sighed. “He is creepy; I mean everyone at the school is scared of him”.

“Didn’t you tell me, that he had this group of friends?” She asked and looked at me. She still had the dust cloth in her hand and right now I could see the gears work in her head as she tried to remember what I once told her.

“Yes he has, but they are also creepy, I mean there is this guy named Tao, he looks like he could kill you with his bare hands,” I said and almost screamed at all those creepy guys at our school. Actually Luhan and Xiumin wasn’t that creepy again, Luhan reminded me of the deer I saw this morning with his big eyes and all that, Xiumin just had some cute cheeks.

“I thought I had raised you better than that,” My mother suddenly said and continued to clean of the table.

“Umma~” I complained and grabbed the camera and took at picture of her in the air as she was leaned forward, unfortunately the blitz was on and I was discussed pretty quickly.

“Did you just take a picture of me?” My mother asked and looked at me with a smirk on her face.

“Neh, Umma~” I sang and hid the camera behind me. 

She laughed a bit and then shook her head before she continued to dust off the shelves off. Normally my mother just smiled and shook her head if I took pictures of her, she never got mad or anything, she just let me do it. It actually would be weird if she got mad, because it was her, who gave me my first camera and thought me how to use it, it was her who took my out on the fields in the middle of the morning and took picture of the rising sun with me.

“I go down to the store,” I said and stood up from the chair and left the apartment. I only needed to walk down the hallway and downstairs to be in the store. My mother and I lived in an old apartment on three levels. The first level was, like I said, a store my mother had started when she got here, the second level was where the apartment “started”, it was there you entered our little home and walked into the living room, the kitchen, you name it. The last level was where our bedroom were, it was there we had our office and my little picture room.

The store was a book store. It was not one of the biggest one or the smallest. It was light and welcoming to everyone, it was a nice place where people actually enjoyed to come and look after books or just hang out.

In that second I came down the door opened and I stopped.

“Hey Nana,” MiYoung said and closed the door behind her.

“Hey,” I said and walked towards her.

“Are you free now?” MiYoung asked and grabbed both of my hands. Whenever she did that, I knew she wanted me to do something with her, a favor or something like that.

“Yeah I am,” I said and pulled my hands to me again. “Why?”

“Get you camera!” She almost yelled in happiness and flung her arms in the air.”Now”

I quietly shook my head and walked upstairs again, only to find the living room empty. Without questioning my mother’s absence I picked up my camera from the chair and headed downstairs again where MiYoung now were standing, looking in a random book she had found.

“Are you ready?” I asked and waved with the camera.

“Yeah, come on!” She said just as happily like before and we left the store.

I didn’t ask any questions about what we were going to use my camera for, until we stood outside the mall. A huge building made in glass, a building that I think I have over 20 pictures with from different angles.

I was about to ask, when she grabbed my hand and dragged me inside the huge building, which was filled with people in every age. We walked hand in hand towards the café we used to hang out in and get a coffee or two.

We entered “Coffee & Cream” and waved to the waiters, who immediately recognized us. We quickly found a table and sat by it, when one of the waiters came with our usual coffee. I think you have figured out, how much we come here.

We thanked for the coffee, when I was about to take a sip, I noticed why we came here.

“Oh dear God, look down,” I said and looked down at my coffee where there was a little heart. A thing this place was known for was there small decoration in the cream. They always left the costumers with some kind of small art in the cream.

“What?” MiYoung asked and suddenly looked very innocent.

“You knew that he was here!” I hissed and felt like running out of the café. “Why did you have to drag me with you?”

MiYoung grabbed my hands again and then pouted like I never had seen before. She literally almost lay over the table and begged me to something I even didn’t know what was yet.

“Please, please, please, cute little Nana,” She begged. “Please just one picture”.

I sighed and pulled away from her. Did she really want me to take a picture of Kris, Kris the creepiest looking man I ever had seen in my entire life?

I sighed and placed my camera on the table between us, when MiYoung suddenly clapped her hands and got us some attention from the people around us.

“But… I don’t want to do it,” I said and pushed my lovely, expensive camera over to her, but when I was about to pull my hand back she grabbed it and was suddenly pouting again.

“Please, pretty please,” She begged once again. “You know how to take pictures”.

I chewed on my lower lip and then grabbed the camera. Carefully I adjusted the settings on the camera and placed it in front of my eye. With the focus on MiYoung in front of me, I slowly zoomed in and then ly a few inches away from MiYoung to but focus on the boy, who sat only a few meters away from us.

 Oh God, why am I doing this?

Why have I gotten this insane?

WHAT IF HE LOOKS UP!?

I breathed out like I was standing on the field and photographing a deer, when I suddenly felt the butterflies in my stomach. My heart beat fast because of the adrenalin my veins, as I pushed the bottom down and took the picture.

“Here you go,” I said and gave her the camera “Only one picture”.

She nodded quickly and then looked down at the picture with a huge smile on her lips. She looked like someone who could just jump around in any minute and yell and scream out in happiness. Her eyes were almost melting the screen!

With a satisfied smile she gave me my camera back and I put it in the bag again. I wasn’t really interested in looking at the picture of Kris; I was pretty sure if I did that his glare would burn my soul out directly from my eyes.

“And now what?” I asked and looked at MiYoung with a huge smile.

I did a favor for her, now she had to return it.

“Hmmm, I guess you want something in return?” she said a bit suspiciously and rubbed her chin with her thumb and index finger. “It contains… chocolate?”

I nodded as fast as I could, as it almost felt like my brain fell back and forth in my skull. Chocolate was everything!

“A lot of it,” I almost begged and placed both hands on the table in an impatient act.

“Give me a second,” MiYoung said before she literally jumped up from the chair and ran over to the disk and almost felt over the table, before she quickly talked to the waiter.

I couldn’t help, but smile over this new act of hers. Normally when I asked about things like these she would just nod and then walk over the disk and ask about something that contained chocolate. From time to time she would also comment my obsession with chocolate and tell me that, if I didn’t stop eating it I would end up getting fat. I didn’t care.

 Slowly I looked away from MiYoung, when I felt someone staring at me.

Without making it too obvious, I looked around. Couples were sitting by the tables and holding hands, flirting and laughing while friends had met in groups and laughed louder than the couples.

I sighed and then looked back again, when I notched someone. Carefully I looked up and stared almost directly into Kris’s eyes. I gulped in that second his dark eyes met mine, his blonde hair laying on his head like a crown and that….

I quickly looked away and gulped. Carefully I looked up again only to see he was gone. As fast as I could I looked around, in an attempt to see the back of him or just something, but I couldn’t find any signs of him.

That guy couldn’t get any creepier!

“Here you go,” MiYoung said and placed a white plate in front of me with the most beautiful chocolate muffin I ever had seen.

“Thanks Miyoungie~”I sang and took a bite of the wonderful muffin.

It tasted just perfect! It was as perfect as anything could get, it was like feeling true happiness and love and… A lot of others positive things!

“Where did Kris go?” MiYoung suddenly asked and looked around just like I did just a few minutes ago.

“I don’t know,” I said and pulled my shoulders. “It’s not like I’m stalking him”.

MiYoung just shook her head before she grabbed the cup in front of her and sipped to the hot coffee.

We spent the rest of the day in the little café. We talked about everything and did what friends would do. MiYoung got me with her into some kind of underwear store and then she absolutely wanted to buy something that Kris might find y or hot, you name it.
I mean it wasn’t like he was going to see her… in her underwear, unless they became boy- and girlfriend, but… I honestly didn’t think that would happen, because MiYoung was just like some kind of a stalker, I mean she always watched Kris and sighted over him like he was Adonis or something. Sometimes she even freaked me out a bit.

When the clock was about 5, we finally decided to leave the crowded mall. The sun was already going down and every part of Gangnam was painted in orange, red and yellowish colors.

“See you tomorrow,” I said and waved to her when we reached my little apartment.

“Sleep well,” She yelled and waved back to me as she, with her hands in her pockets, walked down the street, to disappeared around the corner a few meters away.

With slow steps I walked inside of the store. My mother was already standing behind the counter and counting the moneys for today.

“Hi, Umma,” I said and ran directly past her, up the stairs and into my room, or actually my “Picture Room”.

Carefully as always I opened the door and closed it again. Pictures and papers laid all over the floor, if a small gust of wind blew into the room everything would be a bigger mess than it already was. I stepped over some papers and sat down on the chair in front of the table and found my camera from the bag.

This was a thing I normally did every night, I looked at the pictures I had taken and then I would put them over at my computer and then sort them.

I the camera and looked through the pictures. There were some pictures of MiYoung sitting at the table in “Coffee & Cream”, there was one of me eating my muffin, and there even was a picture of MiYoung in some y underwear she had bought.

I sighted, when I reached a certain picture. It was the picture of him. He sat with a cup of coffee or something and an empty plate in front of him; his arms were placed on the table and under the grey shirt he wore you could see some of the muscles.

I stared at the picture for a while, when I noticed something. Something that gave me goose bumps, something that made me wants to die every single minute.  

His eyes… He glared directly into the camera!

______________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Dadadaaa... Getting busted in taking pictures! 

So~ How many of you have tried that? ;) 

To the important, thank you so much for subscribing and commenting! because I'm a very impatient person, I thought from the first day that I wouldn't get any subscribers at all >_< 

I hope that you guys liked it and please tell me you think the capers are too long.