A Moment Of Silence

Let's Take A Picture

 

A Moment Of Silence

_____________________________________________________________

 

I was sitting on the couch with a thick blanket around me. Beside me was Kris. His hands were fists and his eyes were almost mad looking. He stared into nothing; he didn’t even blink as he just sat there.

I had no idea what time it was. In that second we had stepped inside the apartment, I was being placed in the couch and I had been sitting there since. It was like Kris understood my moments of silence, as he just sat beside me and spaced out.

To be honest I felt hurt and most of all vulnerable right now. I felt like everything could hurt me any second, no one could be trusted these days. If you opened up and told people about your deepest secrets, they would tell you that you could keep your secret with them, but already the next day everybody would know.

I quickly unwrapped myself from the blanket and stood up. With a few careful steps, I walked towards the window, where I stopped and looked out. People were walking down there like they didn’t have any problems at all, they had their own life to care about, then why worry about others.

“Nana,” I slowly turned around and looked at Kris, who looked a bit worried at me. “Come and sit down again”.

I took a deep breath and walked over and sat down beside him. Like he did when we walked outside, he placed and arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him.

I looked up at him and smiled.

“I’m alright, Kris, “I said and tried to smile as wide as possible. “You don’t have to worry like that... I’m fine”.

He looked down at me with raised eyebrows, he obviously didn’t believe me. He took a deep breath and sighed as he slowly looked around the apartment. I noticed that his eyes landed on something on the coffee table, which made me follow his stare. The picture.

“Is this your mother?” He asked and picked up the picture.

I nodded and smiled. It was a family picture taken a long time ago, really long time ago. We were in Japan for the first time, and of course we just had to take a picture of us, standing under the cherry blossoms.

“Who is the man?” Kris asked and immediately stared to study the picture closer.

“He is my father,” I said and looked at the man, who was standing with a huge smile on his lips. His arm was resting on my mother’s hips, while the other hand was placed on my shoulder. We all looked like a big happy family, but that would just be one big lie.

“Where is he now?” Kris asked. Obviously, he had noticed that out apartment was lacking of “men-stuff”.

“He is in New York somewhere, with another woman,” I said and grabbed the picture to put it down on the table again. “He had an affair behind my mother back, but he made it up by confessing it face to face with my mother and to my luck, she took it pretty well and got divorced”.

“Do you miss him?” Kris asked and looked at me, as I leaned back into his arms again.

“Sometimes,” I said and looked towards the window again. “But… It’s alright, I still love him and so does my mother”.

Once again we were surrounded by awkward silence as we sat there and just looked around. We sat like this for a while until the front door opened and my mother stepped inside. She was standing with her back towards us to close the door, when she turned around and froze. She looked down at us, and opened only to close it again.

“Nana, what are you doing home?” She asked and looked from me to Kris.

I looked up at her and sighed, before I leaned up against Kris and hid my face in his shoulder. It was like the thing that had been happening for only a few minutes ago, returned and for a few seconds, I felt like crying again, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t cry over someone like MiYoung, I would never make that mistake again.

“Something, happened in school,” Kris said honestly and looked up at my mother. He slowly unwrapped his arm from my shoulder and stood up, before I bowed and introduced himself: “I’m Wu Kris, a friend of Nana”.

“Uhm, Hello, I’m Nana’s mother,” She quickly answered a bit hesitant.  “Is it something important, serious, or problematic?”

Kris quickly looked back at me, and gave me a quick smile, before he once again looked back towards my mother and slightly nodded.

“Omo,” I heard my mother mumble, as she placed a hand over . “What is going on?”

To be honest, I didn’t have any intentions about answering her question, a little voice in my mind told me that, Kris was going to tell her and I didn’t have to worry about it. I felt like I was in my own little world, a world where i was alone without MiYoung and Luna and Kris, it was only me. No problems, no cold, no warm, no feelings, it was just pure emptiness.

I didn’t notice when Kris left the room with my mother by my side, but I could hear them talk in the kitchen. With a sigh I looked towards the door opening, and slowly stood up. I walked towards the window once again and stopped, my eyes followed every single movement down at the street, when I noticed something.

A red little car was parked on the other side of the street. For a second, just a second, I felt like running outside and smash a window, but that was only until I saw the person who walked out from the little store. She was an old lady, probably one of those ladies who live with 72 cats or something. She was caring a huge bread in her hand, as she with a smile disappeared into her car and drove down the road.

Why did they have to drive in the same car?

Suddenly my mother stormed in and grabbed my arm. She quickly turned me towards herself, as she a bit hesitant placed both of her hands on my shoulders and looked down at me with a worried look.

“Nana,” She started and looked over my face, like she was searching for something. “Are you alright? I will call the school immediately!”

“You don’t have to,” I said and placed my hands over hers. “It’s a problem between MiYoung and me, I don’t want the entire school to be a part of it”.

I slowly removed her hands from my shoulders and looked down at my feet. The blanket there had been resting on my shoulders just a few minutes ago, was now lying on the floor around me, like it was some kind of barrier.

“I’m fine,” I said and smiled. “Trust me, I’m fine”.

She bit her lower lip as she slowly looked back to Kris, who was standing in the door, looking at us like we were some kind of statue in a museum he had seen every day.

“Promise me, that you’ll come to me, if anything turns out badly, okay?!” She said, almost panicking. “Promise me!”

“Aish,” I mumbled before I reached my pinky into the air. “I promise, Umma”.

With a satisfied smile on her lips, my mother grabbed my pinky with hers as she slowly placed both of her hands on her hips and nodded.

“Good,” she said and looked at Kris. “I know that you won’t break the promise, so I’ll be leaving again. And you, you take care of my daughter or else…”

She was literally pointing at Kris like she was some kind of strict teacher, who had been after the same kid for years.

“I’ll take good care of your daughter, Mrs. Park”, Kris said with a smirk on his lips. I honestly didn’t know if I should be worried or not.

“Good,” She said and walked towards the door, before she turned around and looked at me again.” Call me if anything happens”.

I just nodded and saw her leave. Kris stayed by my side the rest of the day, even Luna and Seohyun came to visit me. Luna kept talking about how MiYoung had blamed on of her “servants” about the pictures, and how the poor girl was sent home.

It only made my blood boil. Why had I never seen that side of MiYoung? Why was she suddenly acting like this?!

To my own luck, Luna and the others noticed my change of mood, and left me alone in the apartment. There only went a few minutes before the silence became too much and I had to leave the place I called home.

I was dressed in one big jacket and a huge scarf, as I walked down the street. Like always, the streets were filled with people, who for some kind of reason, didn’t want to stay inside in the warmth. The sky was clear and you could easily see the moon, the stars weren’t so noticeable because of the lights from the buildings, but it didn’t matter right now.

I was walking the my hands in my pockets, when I heard the snow creak behind me, and like any other normal I looked behind me, only to see… Nothing. I kept walking like this, with my head turned back, when I suddenly walked into someone.

I was about to bow and apologize, when a pair of hands landed on my shoulders and I was pushed to the grown.

“Good evening, Na-na”.

I landed on my elbow, which hid the ground harder than expected. As fast as I could, I looked down at my jacket, where I barely could see the fabric by the elbow turn red.

“,” I mumbled before I looked up at the person who had pushed me. “What do you want?”

Once again I could feel my blood start boiling, and how my brain slowly let go of all kind of common sense and responsibility. It was like I slowly started to lose control over my own actions.

“You almost got me expelled from school today, how does that feel?” The girl I once called my friend asked as she hovered over me. “I told you a long time ago, that if anything bad happened to me, I would get my revenge, right?”

I looked down at snow behind me in an attempt to avoid eye contact.

“It didn’t take me long to know how I should get my revenge, since I heard about a little event, which happened a couple of weeks ago,” She said and looked like she was thinking, by placed her thump by her chin. “The day you broke your camera”.

I slowly looked up, as I felt my heart start beating faster and faster, by any second there went by. She wouldn’t do, what I thought she would do?!

I didn’t even have a chance to think, when a pair of hands once again landed on my shoulder and I was pulled on my feet again. MiYoung wasn’t alone anymore, beside her stood two huge guys, which freaked me out.  

“I hope we see each other soon,” She said and gave me gentle slap on the cheek, before she turned around and waved.

I was about to run after her, when I was pulled back and once again felt my body hit the cold ground. I quickly looked up at the third guy, who had been standing behind me, he was standing with a fit in his hand and was slowly walking towards me, with the others behind him.

I started to crawl back, until a rush of adrenaline hit me and I jumped on my legs and started to run. I heard the yell behind me, but ignored it.

With closed eyes, I ran as fast as I could. There were only silence right now, I couldn’t even hear the sound of my heart beating, it was the adrenaline that kept me going. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

I want to apologize, if you found this chapter boring, I really wanted to write it today, but at the same time, I'm suffering from hangovers... Weee~

BUT, in the last chapter I got this crazy idea, and right now, it's slowly starting to begin ^^ 

AND I JUST NOTCHED THAT I HAVE 71 SUBSCRIBERS! THAT'S ALMOST EPIC! 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORTING!!!