Trust Me

Let's Take A Picture

Trust Me

_____________________________________________________________________________

Kris was literally yelling at me like a mad man, as we had reached the apartment again. My mother wasn’t home, which I was happy about; I didn’t want to be in the situation of my mother’s rage. She could be the most horrible person in the world when she was mad, and if she found out about what happened in school, she would kill me… literally.

I was being placed on one of the chairs in the kitchen, as Kris was walking back and forth with a frustrated look on his face. From time to time, he would let a hand run through his blonde hair and sigh, before he started to walk again.

“Why did you even do that?” He asked with an angry voice. He had now stopped and was looking down at me, with both of his hands crossed.

I glared up at him. Once again, I could feel the blood boil in my veins, as he stared down at me. He had no reason to treat my like this! He didn’t understand. He hadn’t been through what I had!

“Huh?” He asked as his -face suddenly showed up. For a few seconds I felt like hitting him, and this time I would hit him. No one was there to stop me.

Don’t hit him…

For some kind of reason I listened to the strange voice and looked away in an attempt to calm down. I could still feel him glaring at me, I only locked my hands around my jeans and took some deep breaths before I finally looked back at him again.

“Do you want to answer me or do I have to guess?” He asked and slowly walked away. He began to walk back and forth again, as I sighed from time to time in frustration. “Nana… Talk to me… PLEASE!”

“YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT WHAT I WENT THROUGH!” I yelled. I didn’t even know why I yelled at him, it was just like… He annoyed me right now! Why couldn’t he just understand, that I didn’t want to talk about it?

“BECAUSE YOU DON’T TELL ME ANYTHING!” He yelled back. The anger was clear in his eyes, it made me silent, it made me pull back from my attack.

I just stared at him before I slowly sat down again.

“Try to tell someone about bad things,” I just said and pulled my knees to my chest, so my feet were resting on the seat. “It’s not easy”.

He sighed again, this time not from frustration, but more from tiredness. With slow steps, he walked over and sat in front of me. His eyes found mien faster the expected; he almost looked like someone who begged for forgiveness, like he just had done something wrong. He hadn’t. I understood that he was frustrated with me, but right now… I just couldn’t tell him.

He would be disgusted, he would probably tell me how disgusting I was, how nobody wanted to be around me any longer. I felt like crying, but I couldn’t cry now, not in front of Kris.

“It’s alright Nana,” He said and grabbed my hands. “I understand, just… Take your time and trust me, alright?”

I slowly pulled my hands towards myself again and nodded before I carefully stood up and walked past him. I expected him to follow me, but he didn’t. I could see his shadow on the floor as I walked up the stairs and into my room where I let my body fall to the bed.

The white blankets immediately surrounded me and comforted me. They were so soft and warm that I wished I just could disappear into them and leave everything behind.

For a few seconds I closed my eyes, only to let the sleep take over and drag me into the land of dreams:

The snow was falling down around me. The skies over my head was grey like it was gonna rain any time. I was sitting on a field; tall grass surrounded me, it was cold and stiff from the cold air. Everything was so cold, of course it wasn’t a real cold, it wouldn’t harm me the same way as it would in the real world.

Slowly, I stood up. My legs where shaking for unknown reasons as I turned around myself to take a good look at my surroundings.

I was on the field where I used to take my pictures. Everything was exactly as they used to be; only one thing was a bit different. That little differences, was the person who was walking towards me with a serious face. He was dressed in a pair of black jeans and a matching black jacket as he got closer and closer.

My heart started to beat faster and faster and before I even got a chance to react, was he standing in front of me.

 “Kris,” I mumbled and automatically placed my hand on his arms like it was a thing I normally did. We were standing so close, that our chests almost where touching, I could feel his body heat, his breath and I could hear his beating heart and the wind which pulled in the threes.

“Nana,” He carefully said and placed both hands on my arms. His hands slowly started to run towards my back, where he carefully rested them as he was looking down at me. His dark eyes were never leaving mine, as he slowly pulled me closer.

Our chests were now touching and I could now feel his heart. The hug made me feel safe, his long arms were around me, keeping me close and warm. It was a nice feeling.

“What are you doing here?”

He never answered me, before he in a fast action leaned down towards me. His warm breath hit my face as the blood rushed to me cheeks. He was so close, so god damn close.

I felt myself, closing my eyes, as he almost were there. I could almost feel his lips against mine…

My eyes shot up, as I stared up towards the ceiling above me. A tiny layer of sweat was covering my forehead as I slowly sat up with a hand on my chest where my heart was beating like I just had been out running in the woods.

The blanket I had laid on before was now covering my legs and was the reason why everything was so warm and almost uncomfortable.

I looked around, only to see that my room now was bathed in darkness. I had no idea about how long I had been sleeping, but a voice told me it was time to get up no matter what.

I swung me legs over the edge of the bed and stood up. The cold floor made goosebumps run up across my legs as cold air also started to attack my legs and arms. I tried the best to ignore the cold air around me and walked towards the door, which I carefully opened.

I was about to walk down the hall, when I noticed someone sitting beside the door.  The blonde hair was turned towards the floor, as the person was looking down, probably sleeping or something like that. I carefully bend down to slowly lift a tot of hair to see the person before me, only to see that it was Kris. His eyes were closed and his mouth slightly open as he sat there, sleeping.

“Sleep well,” I mumbled before I slowly got up and walked towards the living room, where I could hear the TV. I saw my mother sitting on the couch; her hands were folded over as she saw some kind of drama I’ve never heard about.

To my surprise, she didn’t even notice me as I walked behind her back towards the hall. I grabbed my jacket and took my shoes on before I opened the front door and walked through the bookstore, to end up outside, where the cold once again attacked me.

I was about to walk further down the road, when a hand suddenly grabbed my shoulder. I spun around only to see Kris standing right behind me with a bag over his shoulders. He looked tired and most of all annoyed.

“Where do you think you are going?” He asked with one hand on the bag and the other on my shoulder.

“I just needed some fresh air,” I said and looked down at the bag. “Where are you going?”

He didn’t answer me; he only shook his head and suddenly grabbed my wrist before he started to drag me down the road, like I was some kind of kid, who didn’t want to go home after visiting a friend. I had no idea about where we were going, until we came outside the town where I noticed the small road MiYoung and I used to walk down at, when I took pictures.

The snow, had gathered itself around our shoes and legs as we walked landed on the ground, after jumping over the fence.  Kris’s hand was still locked around my wrist as we walked in between the tall, frozen grass. Goosebumps were once again attacking my skin, but this time it wasn’t because of the cold, but the dream I had earlier. Without even realizing it, I shook my head like I could shake the dream out of my memory.

Kris suddenly let go of the bag and placed it on the ground. I studied him as he sat down and started to open the bag, before he pulled two familiar cameras out.

“I think you remember this,” he said and reached my camera towards me. “I think it misses you”.

I didn’t answer him, but only accepted it. The weight of it in my hands was familiar and well-known. I missed this feeling, it wasn’t like carrying around a heavy book or something, this camera meant a lot to me, it would always be something special.

I looked back at Kris, who now was standing with a camera in his own hands. It was the one I had seen him with a couple of days before, it was when Luna and I found him on the field.

“Smile”

I never really got the chance to smile or even react before a blitz blinded me. I blinked a couple of times, but the white dot was still in front of my eyes.

“Thank you for blinding me,” I said and closed my eyes in a couple of seconds before I opened them again. “It’s always… nice”.

“Sorry,” He said with a smile before he turned around and raised the camera, so it now was in front of his eye, before he once again took a picture. The blitz could be seen everywhere, as he took a couple more.

“I’m not here to do this by myself,” he said, when he noticed that I didn’t do what he wanted me to do.

I looked down at the camera in my hand and sighed. Why did this feel so wrong?

Carefully, I did what Kris just had done a few minutes ago and took the first picture. I studied the photo close and sighed once again, it didn’t seem so fantastic as it was a couple of weeks ago. The photo was white, grey and black like everything around us was. Trees were stretching towards the skies as the snow slowly began to fall.

I sighed once again, and pushed the bottom, which made the blitz fling through the air. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

I hope that you guys liked this boring chapter, because it... Wasn't one of the bests xD I really hope that you notice these small changes in Nana, if not... The I have failed... *Sigh*

Exams are killing me, it's good to know that I'm done on Monday ^^

I have nothing more to say so... Please comment and subscribe and tell me, what you think about this chapter or the story, I don't care ^^ 

AND I JUST REACHED 100 SUBSCRIBERS! 

~ Bye!