The Hunter And The Prey

Let's Take A Picture

The Hunter And The Prey

_____________________________________________________________________________

The few hours we spent on the field weren’t the best to be honest. I couldn’t really find the joy in taking pictures any longer; it was like a thing I was being forced to do, without really wanting to. I ended up with five pictures, which just had been taken to please Kris.

Every time I didn’t react to the things around me, he would look at me with a weird look. I tried my best to pretend that I found it funny to be outside, but to be honest, I hated it. I hated the way the snow had made my jeans wet around my ankles, and how it made everything go slower than normal.

It was around 9pm and everything was bathed in darkness, it was only the moon which was now shining down on us. Kris had brought a flashlight which he used to guide us away from the field and over the fence. I had some problems with getting over the fence, when my food decided to slip several times; luckily Kris was with me and helped me over.

We walked down the road, close to each other and listened to everything around us. An owl could be heard in the distant and the noise from the city was almost inevitable to escape from. The sound of cars was breaking through the air, just like music would do to a party.

“It’s nice out here,” Kris said in an attempt to break the awkward silence.

“Yeah,” I just answered and look up towards the skies. There were every kind different shades of black colors; you could see a sky move across the heaven as it slowly neared the moon. Stars could also be seen, not so clearly as the moon of course, but they were there like they always were.

As I was looking up, snow started to fall. With one hand, I reached out to grab a few of them, to my surprise they didn’t melt immediately because of my cold hands. I slowly looked over at Kris; his blonde hair was already filled with big snowflakes. It made me wanna grab his head and just remove every single snowflake from his hair before it melted.

After a few minutes where we just had been standing and admiring the snow, we started to walk again, but this time we walked slower than before.  It was like we took our time to enjoy the time we had together, everything just seemed so peaceful and relaxed that it almost made me forget.

“It’s surprising it isn’t colder,” I heard Kris mumble beside me, as he stuck his hands into his pocket. He was actually right, it was night and it was snowing, we should have felt like freezing to death.

I nodded and looked up once again. It was so pretty, everything above us was so dark and at the same time it was filled with millions of lights. Stars were everywhere, and the moon only made it feel so much better.

I kept walking and didn’t even notice that Kris had stopped until he said my name in a serious voice. I stopped and looked back at him. His eyes weren’t at me, but on something in front of us. I tried to figure out what he was looking at, but the only thing I could see was the trees and darkness at the end of the road.

“What are you looking at?” I asked, loud enough to him to hear.

He didn’t answer, but walked up beside me and grabbed my arm and pulled me behind him. I was about to ask him about, what he was doing since he suddenly acted so overprotective, when I noticed something moving down at the end of the road.

Black figures were walking towards us. There were about 5 figures or shadows, whatever you want to call them.

I immediately grabbed Kris’s arm and held it as tight as I could. Pictures had started to show inside of my head as they slowly got closer and closer, I remembered the night where I had been running like a crazy person to get away from those… bastards from that night. I could almost feel their hands roaming over my body.

Without even realizing it, I had started to walk back away from them. My hands slowly let go of Kris arm as I continued to back away with my eyes on the people who walked towards us. I could see how Kris got tense under his jacket, and when he tried to calm down again, it was like he had started to take deep breaths and then exhale again.

As my hands completely let go of Kris’s arm, he quickly looked back, he was about to open his mouth to say something, when another voice interrupted him:

“What are you to doing out this late?” The man asked. He was so close that we now could see who he was. To me, he was a completely stranger; I had never seen him before. Kris seemed like someone, who was just as confused as I was.

“Just taking a walk,” Kris said with his face activated. He shoved both of his hands into his pockets and reminded me suddenly about an animal, who was preparing itself to attack its prey.

For a few seconds, I didn’t feel scared. It was like I felt some kind of need to stand up beside Kris and be like the animal he now reminded me about. I should be standing beside him and protect him, like he did right now.

I noticed that Kris quickly glared back towards me, as 2 members from the group started to walk over behind us so we couldn’t flee.

Why is this happening?!

I grabbed my hair as voices started to make their way through my wall of sanity.

Run….

I can’t… Leave Kris here alone!

I looked up at Kris, who now was facing the man that just had been speaking for a few seconds ago. I saw Kris’s lips move as I said something, but it was like the words didn’t reach my ears. He was answered from the man in front of him, and like the polite man Kris was, he answered back, but none of their words were able to be heard.

Suddenly out of nowhere, Kris threw himself as the man in front of him and hit him across the face with a fist. The man feel to the ground, as the others around him attacked Kris, who just quickly turned around and grabbed my hand. In one quick movement, he pushed the man on our left away and started to run as fast as he could.

We ran down the road until Kris suddenly turned to the right, where both of us now started to disappear in between the tall trees. It was hard to see where we were going, but right now that didn’t matter, the important part right now, what that Kris didn’t let go of me. If he let go, I wouldn’t be able to find him again.

“Nana…” I heard him say out of breath. “Just run… Don’t look back!”

I nodded, knowing that he couldn’t see it, but still. We ran as fast as we could, but the snow was against us and made us slow and close to falling every time we stepped in to a hole in the ground. We started to slow down again and walked a few meters, when we suddenly heard someone yell and howl like a wolf.

“Do they serious find this entertaining?” Kris hissed annoyed and started to run again.

We ran and ran and the only thing we could do, was to try to get away.

“There they are!” Someone suddenly yelled as we heard another yell and laugh as they once again was heading towards us.

I felt like crying, when I looked back and saw them getting closer and closer. As fast as I could, I was about to look forward again, when I felt my hand slip out from Kris’s grab, as I fell to the ground. Snow surrounded my body as I hit it. The cold was almost burning as I tried to get up. Somewhere in my thoughts, I expected Kris to pull me up and we would start running again, but he didn’t. I never felt his hand close around my arm and pull me up, there was nothing.

I looked back with a beating heart and started to run again, this time in another direction. It was like every time I tried to take one step, my foot would disappear into the snow and I would fall again, each time just seemed to get harder and harder.

I tried to push myself up again, but my arms gave in and I fell down into the snow again. I could hear them laugh and howl towards the skies; like they were the hunters now and we were their prey. I tried to keep my breath under control as tears now were running down my cheeks.

“Kris… Please” I cried out in a whisper as I just laid there.

I had no idea about how long I had been lying there, but one thing was for sure, I was freezing. My whole body was shaking and the only thing I felt like doing was to bury myself deeper into the snow in an attempt to make myself as small as possible.

Suddenly out of nowhere, two pair of hands grabbed my arms and pulled my up from the cold snow. I was expecting the worst and started to cry, when I carefully was pulled away from the yelling boys behind us. I noticed Kris’s blonde hair, which now was covered in a light layer of snow.

He dragged my behind him until we reached a road, where I never had been before. He didn’t even look back as he stared to run again, this time just a bit slower than before. We were safe from now on; the worst thing there could happen was that they showed up in front of us.

We ended up walking instead as we reached the Gangnam district. Kris’s hand was still locked around mine as we walked down the road. We were alone on the street, nobody was out at this time of the night. The only thing we saw were cars which slowly drove past us.

I had no idea about where we were going, but I trusted Kris enough to let him take me a safer place; a place where we didn’t have to run and hide and die from the cold snow and air. We walked a few more blocks, as Kris suddenly stepped upon a small stair and opened a door. I guessed it was his apartment as he closed and locked the door behind him.

I was about to look around, when he turned me around and started to remove the coat from my body. I didn’t say anything, as snow which before had clung to my clothes, started to fall off. When the coat was removed Kris grabbed my hand and almost ran up the stairs and into a small bathroom, where everything was painted in white.

Just like the last time, I didn’t get a chance to look around, before he started to pull my shirt off like he did, when we were sitting in front of the fireplace, teasing each other and laughing.

“You are ice cold,” he said as he threw the shirt somewhere in the room and grabbed the edge of my jeans to pull me closer. “We need to get you warmed up”.

I just looked at him as tears were on the edge of falling from the eyes as he slowly and carefully removed my jeans. Slowly I looked down at my feet as I stepped out of my jeans which now were lying on the floor. With my eyes clued to my feet, Kris removed his shirt and suddenly grabbed my and held me closer.

His chest was so warm that I just wanted to bury my face into it. Without even realizing it, I locked my arms around him and pulled him as close as possible. I could feel how he breathed and how his heart was beating under the skin and ribcage. We stood like this for while, until I felt Kris’s thumb run over me cheek as he slowly left the bathroom, with my hands still around him. We walked down the hall and entered a bedroom.

He carefully removed my arms from him and placed me onto the bed where he sat behind me and leaned up against the headboard. Without hesitation, I crawled towards him and placed myself against his chest, this time bout of my arms were also stealing some of the heat as they were placed on his stomach.

I felt a blanket getting pulled over us as we sat there on his bed. Both of Kris’s arms were now holding me close to his chest as I looked up at him, when both of our eyes me… Without even realizing it, a blush had started to spread across my cheeks as I let my head rest against his chest and closed my eyes to let sleep be a part of my night. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Uhhh~ So much drama and fluff! >_< 
I really love the ending of my story and I don't even know if it's good or not xD 

I really really really hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter and I know that I have been saying this a lot these last couple of days (updates) but:
Thank you so much for subscribing, commenting and voting! It really means a lot to me! I get so happy every time I see that one of you guys have made a comment and I just can't stop smiling, when I read them xD Thank yooooou~!