Promises

Let's Take A Picture

Promises

______________________________________________________________________________

Nobody really talked about, what had happened. It seemed like; if you talked about it, you would tear everyone down and bring him or her directly to hell.

Nobody had said a word as we drove home. My mother was the only one who even dared to say something, when we reached MiYoung’s house. She had told MiYoung’s mother that her and I had been out for a walk and had slipped somewhere down a hill. I understood her, who wanted to tell someone that their child had been on the edge of dying.

We had reached Luna’s house and she had left the car with a worried look in her eyes. Everybody slowly got out of the car with the same look in their eyes, until the only people who were back was me, my mother and Kris, who oddly enough insisted on staying.

I remember when we got home, I was being placed under the shower and before I even knew of the hot water was streaming down over me. I had been able to feel how my body slowly had started to heat up from the water, the feeling of relief rushed over me. It was over, there was no danger anymore.

The water was still rushing down over me, before I took a deep breath and stepped out. The cold air hit me immediately and thousands of goose bumps were spreading over my entire body. As fast as possible, I got dressed and walked downstairs.

As I had expected, Kris was sitting in the living room, staring at nothing like he used to do. In front of him, on the table, was a mug filled with hot coffee, and beside him, was a soft looking blanket.

With careful steps I walked towards him, my hands holding each other and my heart beating as fast as it could.

To be honest, I didn’t really know why I felt so nervous. I knew that Kris never would hurt me in any kind of way, but right now, I was so scared of that he might leave. What if he felt disgusted with me? What if he thought I was evil or something like that?!

“Kris?” I nervously asked and stopped a couple of meters away from him.

He turned around and stared directly back at me, with his serious eyes. He didn’t look happy at all. It was actually kind of scary, it made me wanna step back and just run into my room and hide under the covers, but right now… I would only make a coward out of myself if I did that.

He looked away from me and stared towards the windows again, where you could see the lights from the lights poles shining in, forcing shadows to be shown across the floor.

A bit hesitant, I walked over beside him, only to stop and take a deep breath, before I took the last steps and let myself fall to the floor beside his knee.

“Kris,” I asked again.

I almost felt desperate; I just wanted him to say something. I needed it, I just needed him to say that the things were going to be all right now, that we could relax and just… talk. We needed to talk, or I needed to talk to him.

“Please,” I tried again, he didn’t even look down at me or anything, he just kept staring towards the window. “Kris… Pleeeaase”.

For a few seconds he didn’t show any signs on moving, until he suddenly sighed and let his head fall back towards the couch. I placed my hands on his knee and just looked up at him.

“What do you want me to say?” he suddenly asked and finally looked back down at me. His hand, which was placed on the couch beside him, moved a bit up and down, before it finally just fell to the couch and stayed there.

“I don’t know,” I said and felt the frustration rush over me. “Just say something!”

“What do you want me to say?!” He suddenly yelled and stood up.

I jumped up myself and stood right in front of him. My heart was beating fast and panic were rushing in my veins. For a few seconds, I felt scared, scared of how this would end. Kris and I, we never really yelled at each other or fight, but it was like you could sense the tension in the room. No matter how much, I wanted this to end well; it felt like it just was a “fake” wish.

“You could have been the cause of MiYoung’s dead!” He yelled, the anger could be seen in his eyes, they were wide open as he just kept raising his voice. “Luckily we showed up in the last second to save her. What if we hadn’t been there? What if I hadn’t been there?!”

 It was like a suddenly rush of anger, annoyance and sadness rushed over me. Before I even got a chance to thin about the words, I yelled them out:

“THEN I WOULD HAVE LET MYSELF FALL WITH HER!”

It was as if everything just froze. Darkness fell over the room, as the cars started to disappear outside, no more words were spoken, as Kris and I stood right in front of each other, looking into each other’s eyes, where one of the pairs were filled with anger while the other were filled with worry.

“I would join her,” I said and looked down at my feet. Tears were running down my cheeks, as the words left my mouth, just the whole thought about seeing MiYoung disappear into the water made my head hurt. I could almost feel the quilt.

A couple of seconds went by before I looked up, only to meet Kris’s eyes. He was staring directly into mine, he looked shocked and like he was on the edge of letting a few tears fall.

I was about to say something, when I suddenly felt a pair of arms around me. Two big hands were placed on my back as they held me in place as we stood there in the middle of the living room. My head was resting against his shoulder and I couldn’t feel more safe than I did now.

“Don’t say things like that,” He whispered, just as low as I could hear it.

I quickly placed my arms around him and pulled him as close as possible, towards me. I couldn’t even describe how good it felt to have his arms around me, I could never let go of him again. I felt warm, safe, and most important, loved. What more could you ask for?

I was about to say something, but before I even got a chance to say anything, he spoke:

“I don’t think I would be able to live with that thought,” he said and held me tighter. I opened my mouth to speak, but it was like the words just disappeared. I knew what I wanted to say, but the words wouldn’t leave my mouth. I wanted to tell him that, if MiYoung had fallen I wouldn’t be able to live with that, it would have been my fault and I was the one who had to live with a mother who knew that her child was a killer and that I had been the one to kill my best friend.

I pushed him away a bit and looked up, I took one last deep breath before slowly leaned closer and pressed my lips against his. It was just a fast kiss, nothing too special or anything, it was fast and it wasn’t even awkward.

I took a few steps back with my eyes planted on the floor. I could feel how my cheeks were heating up and how Kris was staring at me. Was he mad? Disappointed? Something completely different?

“Sorry,” I mumbled to break the awkward silence, but before I even got a chance to turn around and flee out of the room a hand locked itself around my arm and pulled me back. I felt my chest colliding with something flat, as a pair of arms locked themselves around me so I wasn’t able to move. A pair of lips was once again pressed against mine and it felt perfect.

I wished that I could put my arms around his neck, but because of the fact that he had his arms around mine, I was forced to stand still. I couldn’t even push him away or anything, not because I wanted to though.

After a few minutes, he pulled away and looked down at me. Silence spread through the entire living room, as we stood there in front of each other.

I could feel my cheeks turn red as he bent forward again and gave me a quick kiss, which I gladly returned.

“You can always trust me, and you know it,” He said as he placed both of his hands on my shoulders. H had bent his knees a bit so our faces was in front of each other. “And then one last thing…. Don’t ever leave me again”.

Once again I was pulled into a hug. My head was resting on his shoulder as my eyes fell on one of the picture, which hung on the wall right in front of me. It was an old family picture which were filled with dust, forgotten.

It made my hands lock themselves around the back of his shirt as tears slowly started to run down my cheeks. I closed my eyes and just… relaxed in his embrace.

“I will never leave you,” I said and opened my eyes again. “I promise.” 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

First of all... Sorry, for the short chapter, I was out of insiration and had no idea about what to write this time, but I wanted to update, so I hope that you guys love this "fluffed" chapter, or what it should be called.

School is killing me, I spend my entire day on school and homework, so now you know why I have been so slow this time, but please forgive me! >_<