Blondie

Let's Take A Picture

 

Blondie

__________________________________________________________

I sat on my knees on my jacket with the camera placed in front of my eye. In front of me the sun was about to retreat from a long and tiring day. It had been a really nice day even though, Kris scared me… He still did, I mead just because he gave me a camera, was his eyes still creepy as hell.

And when we are talking about Kris, he is actually sitting beside me in the tall grass. I really didn’t know why he sat there beside me, but I wanted to be honest and say that, I found it really comfortable. It was nice to have someone beside you. It was like if you had an annoying friend or something, and this friend suddenly disappeared, then you would miss the friend. Alright, that was actually a really bad example.

With a careful finger I clicked the bottom and got a picture of the sunset. I quickly took a quick look at the picture, before I turned the camera towards Kris, who just showed me an almost-smile. It wasn’t a warm and nice smile at all; it would actually be a crime to call it a smile.

“Do you want to take some?” I asked and gave him the camera.

He only sighed and put the camera up to his eye, before he slowly looked around. That was always the hardest part; to find something to take a picture off.

I looked at the sky over us. It was already painted in a dark blue color, it was a sign on, about a few minutes everything would be painted in black and darkness.

I could head the camera click a few times, before Kris gave me the camera back.

“Thank you,” I said and was about to take another picture, when a hand suddenly came up in front of the lens. I moved the camera away and looked over at Kris. I didn’t like to look fully at him, most of the time I avoided eye contact.

“We should get home,” He said and stood up. “Before it gets too dark”.

I nodded and got up. With a careful hand I brushed off my jeans and put the camera back in the bag. With slow steps we walked back to the road. Everything had to be slow because of the rain from yesterday, the earth under us, was placed into mud and was easy to slip in.

Both of us crawled over the fence and walked down the road without saying anything to each other. What was there to say? I mean, for those hours where we just had been sitting between the grasses, we only spoke to each other if it was necessary. It definitely wasn’t like being with MiYoung, who would speak my ears off.

After we had walked for I don’t know how long, the huge buildings in Gangman surrounded us like they were used to. Kris had now put his hands into the pockets of his jacket, while I walked with the small bag in between my hands.

We were close to the bookstore, when Kris suddenly spoke up.

“Lee MiYoung, she’s a friend of yours, right?” He suddenly asked out of nowhere.

“Yeah, she is,” I said and looked down. “Why?”

Oh my God! What is he going to ask about? What if he want to know if she has a boyfriend, what if he wants to date her? It could be so great!

I looked up again and saw Kris looked directly down at me.

No, that is actually a really bad thought… I mean, if she dates Kris, then she won’t spend time with me… why am I now so selfish?

“I just wanted to know, since I have noticed she always looks at me and almost follow me every day,” he said and suddenly looked really annoyed and thoughtful.

“Oh,” I said and suddenly blushed, when I remembered the picture, where he looks directly into the camera. I would wish that the ground would open under me and just… Kidnap me, yeah that sounds good. “You noticed that”

 Stupid, stupid, stupid! You shouldn’t say that!

Stop yelling at me!

Stop being stupid!

I should really stop discussing with myself. It couldn’t be healthy at all.

“It’s not hard to notice,” He said coldly.

Kris hadn’t showed me a warm side of himself, since he gave me the camera. I mean there he was a bit of a nice guy, but he was still cold and looked like he wanted to kill me and everybody around him. It hard to explain, but it’s like he literally just wants to be alone or kill somebody. I would sometimes wish that I could take a picture of his head and then every thought of his would be shown in pictures.

I only nodded, when I stopped. I thought for a moment, that I saw Kris look at me a bit confused when I stopped, but I wasn’t sure.

“You live in a bookstore?” He asked and looked at the long windows, where you could see huge bookshelves and books laying here and there. Some books even lay in the windows.

“Yes and no,” I said and stepped up in front of the door. “I live on the second floor; we have an apartment, me and my Umma”.

Kris nodded and then buried his hands down into his pockets.

“Once again,” I sighed and looked up before I looked down and met his brown eyes. “Thanks for … Everything?”

He only nodded and me and then gave me one last look before he relaxed turned his back towards me and walked down the pavement, only to disappear around the corner.

I looked after him for a moment, until I walked inside and locked the door behind me. I took my jacket off and placed it in the hallway and walked into the living room, where my mother was sitting on the couch with a book in her hands.

“Hi,” I said and walked over beside her and sat down.

“Where have you been?” She asked and looked up from the book. I could see the concern in her eyes as she slowly closed the book and took off her reading glasses. “And don’t say that you have been hanging out with MiYoung or visited the library… Your jeans are dirty”.

“I have just been out and taking some pictures,” I said and placed both of my hands in my lap. “I wasn’t alone, you don’t have to worry”.

Yes, like any other mothers, my mother worried about me. Most of the time she didn’t like when I was out alone at the night, because she was scared of someone or somebody would kidnap me or just attack me. I was used to her worrying; I could only say that it was nice to know that she was concerned about me.

“Who was with you then?” She asked and gave me suspicions look.

“A friend,” I said. I didn’t want to tell her about Kris. As you already know, my mother is like anyone else, if I tell her about a boy or something, she will automatically think that he is my boyfriend or a flirt or something like that.

“Oh, a friend,” My mother said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

I gave her push and then stood up and walked towards my room, where I immediately placed myself on the bed. In the most awkward way I got my jeans of without standing up. The shirt wasn’t a problem at all, and before I even knew of it I was laying in the soft sheets which slowly caressed my skin. It was a nice feeling, a really nice feeling.

That night, the dreams took over my mind. I dreamt about a lot of different things. I dreamt about MiYoung, who sat on the hood of her car and enjoying the sun. I drams about me and my mother who sat on a bench between tall threes and I dreamt about Kris. In my dream, he was smiling, he wasn’t angry and mad. I never saw his eyes, but I saw his beautiful smile and his blonde hair, which the wind had played with.

He had touched my cheek, he has whispered things I didn’t remember, and he had sat beside me on the bench, just like I did with my mother. We had just been sitting there, like we were two persons who should make some choices.

And when I was about to say something to him, I woke up.

I was now laying and staring at the ceiling above me. It was Saturday and as if I understood, the clock was 9 AM and I didn’t feel like getting up, but right now I had a phone which was vibrating its way over the table beside me.

With a grunt, I rolled on my stomach and picked up my phone.

“Yebeoseyo”

YAH! Park JiMin, pick up your phone, when it’s ringing the first time!”

I quickly recognized MiYoung’s voice and sighed. I wasn’t in the mood for her yelling right now, but what could I do, I mean it wasn’t like I could throw my phone after her or something... Wait, I could do that!

With a sigh I slowly goy up from the bed and walked towards my closet, still with the phone in my hand.

“Yeah, sorry,” I just said tiredly and opened the two doors. “Are there any reason for, why you are calling this early?”

I could almost sense her smile getting bigger and bigger.

Yes! I want to spend a day with my best friend!”

“That would be nice,” I said and looked at the clothes. “What time do you want to meet? And should I bring my camera, because I know that you love my camera”.

“Yes, do that! And let’s meet 12o’clock” She said. I could hear her walk around, sometime I really wondered about how she could wake up this early. I always slept the most of day away.

“Alright, see you then,” I said and hung up and turned my attention at the clothes again. It was just MiYoung I was going to spend time with so I didn’t have to make myself too pretty… Or should I?

With closed eyes I reached out and grabbed a pair of black jeans, a grey blouse and a white shirt I could wear underneath the grey one. On the way down the stairs I quickly let my hands run through my hair and entered the kitchen, where my mother was sitting. It wasn’t the fact that she was sitting there, that made me stop, it was the thing she sat with between her hands.

“Umma, what are you doing?” I asked and walked over and sat beside her.

“Looking at the pictures you have taken,” she said. She sat with my camera and she was looking through the pictures. I didn’t know if I should get mad or I should just do nothing, but it was like she was invading my private life. It’s hard to explain, but pictures were a thing I used to express myself from time to time.

“They are pretty good,” she said.

She was looking at the pictures of the deer I had captured. Kris had been right, when he said that all of my pictures still were there. After a little while she gave me the camera back, which I gladly accepted.

“But,” she suddenly said and got my attention. “There are some pictures; I want to ask you about, for an example this one”.

She quickly pushed on the left bottom and the pictures turned back, when she stopped. It was the picture of Kris from Coffee & Cream. I knew that there was more than one picture of Kris, and that made me blush a bit. It was a bit embarrassing that my mother had seen the pictures.

“So tell me, who is this man?” She said and suddenly reminded me of a young teenage girl. “Is he your boyfriend?”

“No Umma,” I said and quickly grabbed the camera and hided it under the table. “MiYoung likes him and sometimes she makes me take pictures of him”.

“Was he the man you were with the other night?”

I ignored her questions and quickly ran to my room, where I packed the camera down in the bag. I grabbed my scarf from my chair and putted it around my neck before I ran down the stairs again and grabbed my jacket.

“I’m going out,” I yelled before I closed the door to the apartment and ran through the bookstore. I didn’t even get a chance to closed the second door behind me, when I walked into someone and almost felt back.

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry!” I panicked, when I opened my eyes and saw no other than Suho. “Hi”

“Hi, Nana,” He said and suddenly hugged me like I was some kind of teddy bear. “How are you?”

“I’m fine, thanks,” I said. “Uhm, Suho, it was really nice to see you again”.

“Yeah you too,” He answered and sounded a bit disappointed, when I quickly said goodbye and left him. I felt a bit quilt for leaving him without saying anything else. I mean, Suho was the kind of guy, who would talk for hours and right now I just wanted to walk with my camera like the forever alone type I was, but that was a thing that didn’t happen, when someone yelled my name.

“Nana!”

I stopped and turned around. I could definitely hear that it wasn’t Suho, because this voice was too high to even belong to a man and beside, it was a bit annoying so I couldn’t be wrong.  But in that second I turned around I could feel my smile disappear, had I been wrong or was this girl who was standing in front of me a twin to MiYoung?

“MiYoung!” I almost screamed. “What have you done to your hair?”

My best friend MiYoung, who stood in front of me, was now a complete stranger.

“Do you like it?” She asked and let her hands run through it. It wasn’t black any longer, far from! It was now blonde, a beautiful blonde color. “It’s the same color as Kris’s”.

I only nodded and just looked at it.

“I like it,” I said and reached out to touch it. “I really like it and it is so soft”.

“Do you think Kris would like it?” She suddenly asked and snatched my hands. Her gloved hands were cold against my bare ones.

“Definitely,” I said and pulled my hands to me again and stopped them into the pockets of my jacket. I was about to open my mouth and tell her something, when she suddenly grabbed my arm and took me down the street, with our arms linked together like we were some kind of old couple.

“You know, I think I want to go for Kris now,” she said and looked at the skies.

Today was a nice day, even if the skies were painted in grey paint and a lighter grey for the sky. There were no wind, and it was like everything around us showed signs on that snow soon would be falling down on us.

We weren’t the only one who was awake now. People were walking down the streets and cars were driving like they always did. It was like this cold weather couldn’t hold people inside.

“What do you mean?” I asked and looked up at her; she only looked down at me with those eyes. “No! You don’t mean you want to confess?”

She only nodded like she just had done something she was proud of. “Yup, I want to confess,” She said. “I mean, if I don’t do that, when am I so going to do it? A lot of girls like Kris; it’s just a question about time before someone snatches him away from me”.

I stopped and looked at her.

“MiYoung I don’t think this is a good idea,” I said as my heart started to speed up. “I mean, I don’t want to see you get hurt if he rejects you”.

“Nonsense,” she said and looked down on her feet. “Kris isn’t mean, if he doesn’t like me he is going to say it nicely and calm”.

“Alright Blondie,” I said and walked up beside her and grabber her arm. “I trust you”.

As we walked I quickly looked back, only to see a familiar shadow walk away from us. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

So I hope that you liked this chapter and I'm sorry if it seems a bit rushed, but please forgive me then ^^

What do you think about there now is two blondies in this story? ;) 

I can't describe how tired I am, I actually fead for a moment, when I was writing this chapter, that a writersblock wanted to visit my brain. BUT just wait for the next chapter, it's there the things are going to get funny (in my head) *Evil smile*

But like always, please comment and tell me if you like it or... it's getting bored or something like that xD