A Question About Time

Let's Take A Picture

A Question About Time

____________________________________________________________

I had taken the edge of the forest as my hiding spot. Right now I just felt like being alone, but when you had those moments where you just wanted to be alone, people would normally find you and join you. For some kind of reason I was happy about having someone worrying about me, but on the other side… I enjoyed suffering by myself.

“Are you alright?”

I turned around to see Suho, Kris, Luna and Seohyun standing with worried facial expressions.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I said and turned away from them again. “Or at least, I think so”.

I could hear them move around behind me, and before I knew of it, they were all 4 sitting beside me, staring into nothing but darkness and trees.

We sat like this for a moment. They tried to find something to say, but never really found any words, even I didn’t know what to do or say. It was always hard to know what to do in a situation like this; it was like every word could make it worse.

“You know,” Luna tried and looked at me like some kind of puppy who wanted something. “It’s alright to break a friendship, especially if your friend isn’t a really good person”.

“Yeah, that’s right,” Suho said and nodded in agreement. “If MiYoung didn’t believe you in the first place, why should she be a good friend then? I mean, friends support each other and trust each other”.

I just nodded and looked at him and smiled.

“Thanks,” I said and grabbed his hand and shook it. It was a funny thing we used to do, when we were younger. If there was a thing the other person said, which we were glad to hear or found supportive, we would shake each other hands. It was pretty weird, now that I thought about it.

“She scared the out of me any way,” I heard Kris mumble, who earned a slap on the head from Luhan.

“Be nice,” he hissed and crossed his arms like it was him Kris just had insulted.

“What?!” Kris almost yelled.” It’s true, so don’t deny it”.

Luhan only sighed as deep as possible and looked at the dark skies above our heads. Out of nowhere, I started to laugh. I didn’t know where it came from or anything, but it was like I couldn’t stop again, for some kind of reason my brain just thought the whole situation was funny.

After a few minutes, where I just had been laughing and received weird looks from the others, I finally stopped laughing. Carefully  I dried the tears away and took a deep breath before I started to stare at the forest once again.

“What was that about?” I heard Luhan ask, he sounded a bit scared like I just had acted like one of those small girls you see in scary movies, who kill everybody with a smile on their lips.

“An after reaction or something,” Kris said and sighed just as deep as Luhan did a few minutes ago.

“No, it’s just funny,” I said and looked at the stars. “I always thought that MiYoung and I should, you know, be friends forever and that kind of stuff, but… it shouldn’t be like that. She was the first real friend I ever had, I mean; we shared everything, told each other secrets and stuff like that.”

Kris just nodded and looked at Luhan like he wanted some kind of clue about what to say. Luhan only pulled on his shoulders and looked at Luna, who just smiled.

“BUT,” I started and straightened up. “I don’t know why, but I’m actually a bit happy… Now I can do what I want to do and don’t fear Kris’ killer glance or what we call it”.

“My what?” Kris asked and suddenly seemed very interested.

“I mean, if any of us just looked at the guy, either MiYoung or Kris would kill us with their glare,” I continued and looked at Seohyun and Luna who just nodded silently.

“I’m confused,” Kris mumbled and looked back at Luhan who looked just as confused as Kris was. “They hate me… Secretly”.

“So, it’s kind of a good thing,” I concluded and nodded to myself.

To be honest, we just sat there in silence until Mrs. Lee came running and told us to get inside because it was time to go to bed. We did as we were told and returned to the cabin, where the others already were lying in their bed and talking about random things.

The rest of the trip was actually a hell, I didn’t know what to do whenever MiYoung neared me, and when she did, Luna automatically showed up by my side and held my arm. I felt bad about it, because Luna acted like she was my bodyguard and MiYoung was the assassin who was hired to kill me.

Luckily to me, the trip ended faster than expected and even before I knew of it, I was standing on the schools parking lot waiting for my mother to come and pick me up.

With the bag beside me and the camera around my neck, I stood and looked down the road, when Kris suddenly stood beside me. He was standing with his own bag over one of his shoulders and was looking down the road, just as I did.

“Wassup,” He said and looked down at me.

“Wassup,” I just answered. I honestly never really knew what to answer when people said that to me, so I always ended up saying the same.

We were once again attacked by the awkward silence as we stood and waited for my mother, but that awkward silence was quick to be gone, when the rain decided to fall. It was like in one of those dramas where it just out of nowhere started to rain, and then the rain would fall so hard, that you immediately would be wet.

Before I even got a chance to react, Kris grabbed my arm and pulled me after him towards the school. I was running with the bag over my head in an attempt to avoid the rain, but it was already too late, my jeans and jacket was already clinging to my body.

Kris pushed to doors open and sighed out of breath, when we were under the roof where the rain couldn’t touch us.

“I expected snow,” I said sarcastically as I looked outside.

“The same here,” Kris said and straightened up again.

I put the bag down once again and sighed deeply, now I just had to wait for my mother to come and pick me up.

“Soooo,” Kris said as the turned his attention back to me after he had been staring at the grey skies outside. “It was a nice trip, if you look apart from all the bad things”.

“Yeah, it was fine,” I said and pulled my shoulders and pouted a bit. “If you look apart from the bad things”.

We looked at each other and smiled before we once again looked outside. The ground was already dark because of the rain and people were running as fast as they could with their umbrellas and jackets over their heads.

“Kris, there is something I want to ask you about,” I said and looked up at him.

“Yes?” He asked and crossed his arms. He actually looked a bit scary as he stood there with crossed arms and almost hovered over me. The only thing that made it non-creepy was that he wasn’t wearing his typical face.

“I saw MiYoung talking to you when we were out hiking,” I said and looked away from him. I felt suddenly embarrassed. “May I ask, what she said?”

He suddenly looked a bit uncomfortable and started to scratch his neck as he looked away from me.

As he looked away, I just felt more uncomfortable. It could possibly be a good sign that I was looking away. If I had been right, I was pretty sure on that I saw a bit of quilt behind his eyes. Why did he suddenly become like this?

“Kris?” I asked again, but still didn’t get any answer. “Don’t force me to call you your full name”.

“She just said some things, I honestly got a bit mad about,” he said and continued to scratch his neck. I was pretty sure on if he continued with doing that it would bleep sooner or later.

“Was it something about me?” I asked and tried to get some more information out of him.

“Maybe,” He just said and looked down at his feet like they were the most interesting thing he had seen in his entire life.

“Yes or no?” I said. I continued to push on, I wanted answer and he was the only one who could give it to me, so why stop?

“Yes,” he said and finally looked at me. “I don’t want to tell you what she said, but because I know you want to know, I’m just gonna say, it wasn’t a good thing”.

I just nodded and now it was my turn to look at my feet.

“I knew she said something,” I started and sighed. “But it’s alright, I’m glad you told me”.

He nodded and bit his lower lip, when a car pulled inside. I recognized the black car which belonged to my mother and grabbed my bag from the ground.

“Do you want a ride home or anything?” I asked and pointed at the car outside with my thump.

“No thanks,” He said and smiled. “I prefer to walk, even if it rains”.

“Hm, alright,” I said and tighten my jacket around me. “It was nice talking to you”.

I was about to walk outside, when I suddenly felt someone grip my elbow as I was pulled bag into a hug. I felt Kris’s arms around me as we stood there almost awkwardly in the hallway. Carefully, I placed my arms around him and hugged him bag.

“Stay away from MiYoung,” He suddenly said and pulled me closer into the hug. “Promise me”.

I didn’t know what to say, it all came so suddenly and most of all, out of nowhere. I pulled away a bit so I could see his face. He looked almost desperate after an answer; the only thing I could hope for was that my answer wouldn’t disappoint him,

“Kris… I”.

I was about to tell him my answer, when a honk from the car interrupted me and I almost panicked looked out at the car and back at Kris.

“I have to go,” I said and started to leave the building. “I’ll talk to you later”.

I quickly looked away. Quilt was almost drowning me as I ran towards the car. I felt so guilty for not giving him an answer and I didn’t even know why, I didn’t even know what to answer.

I guess it all just was a question about time.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

I have a huge writersblock these days, so I hope that this chapter wasn't too boring or anything, but like always I ope you liked it ^^ 

Please comment and do what you want to do~^-^

The Lesson for the day is: That it's actually hard to find a picture of a couple being together in the rain. I mean in every picture, they are all kissing and stuff. I only wanted a picture where they were together and not lovey-dovey~!