All of a sudden!

WHEN WE TOGETHER

 

I run down the stair and walk to the door way. Mum sees me and asks “where are you going?” “No where! Just to the yard” I reply quickly and rush to him.

I stand right next to him. He is still staring at me. So, I ask him “L, are you all right? What are you doing here?” No answer. I shake his arm and louder my voice “L! Are you all right?” this time he respond quietly “Jiyeon-shi! I miss you” this make me laugh out loud “what! Are you crazy? We just met a while ago and how can you…” I don’t have a chance to finish my sentence. He cuts “Jiyeon! Can you give me a hug?” he opens up his arms just like he is ready to hug me. My heart is beating. BEATING … like it’s going to explore soon. Why he is doing that? Why is he suddenly acting like that? I can’t believe myself. Is he the real L who I used to know? I am frozen for a minute and my mind comes back to the present situation. I blink and just go closer to him. Finally, now I am in his arm and my face is facing to his chest. My heart is still beating hardly. We both stay still for a couple of minutes. He still doesn’t release me, to get out from his arm is so challenging for me. Am I enjoying it? I ask myself. No I can’t stay any longer. We will be in trouble if mum come out. 

So I gently push him. “I gotta go now” I say without looking at him.

“I am sorry Jiyeon, I don’t know what wrong with me today” he utters. I reply “bye now… good night” I run into my house.

When I get into my room, I look out the window and I can see him walking along the street slowly. Isn’t it strange? Why he is doing that all of a sudden?

The next day we saw each other but don’t talk that much. Just exchange our look and smile. 2 weeks just pass like this. 

Friday after school, I am with Suzy and Yoona. A usual we are having girl talk. “Hey Suzy you know Sunggyu asked me your number”.  Suzy frown and say “No way… Are you joking?” Yoona louder her voice and answer “NO!” Suzy interrupt her “But isn’t he likes Jiyeon?” “Yhh I was also thinking like that. That’s why I asked him ‘why do you want Suzy’s number? I thought you like Jiyeon ’…and you know what did he reply?” we both listening interestingly. Yoona continue “he used to… but he realised that he will never win against L to get your heart” Yoona pointed at me. Suzy pout and angrily respond “so… so he decided to like me? Hunnn?” Yoona and I laugh out loud. “ha..haa… that’s interesting” I state.

At the same time Donghae is waving his hand to us on the other side of the road. He shouts “Hey Jiyeon do you know that IU is going to our school next week” I reply loudly “I know”. Then, he gives a hand gesture to Yoona telling that to call him tonight. Yoona nod and grin.

Of Couse he knows that IU is coming because IU, Donghae and I are friend since primary school.

The next week IU and I go to school together since her house is near to mine. Everyone in school treat her warmly as well as L, he is very outgoing. They are getting close to each other only in short period of 3 weeks’ time. Sometimes I can even see that they were joking to each other.

I feel like L’ reaction to me has been change all of a sudden. Every time when he see me, he great me cheerfully but I am not sure whether he is getting closer to me or going further from me.

IU and I are still best friend. She tells me everything what happen to her. But I notice that she never tell me about L. By any chance does she like him?

Today when I am with Suzy and Yoona in Spanish class, IU is with L in music class. They are both doing music and they can play guitar very well. I envy her so much. I also want to be like IU who is very close to L only in a short period.

IU texted me that “she will sleepover at my house tonight”. Shall I ask her? I ask ton myself.     No!!    I shake my head hardly. I am just being jealous. She is my best friend so what… what happen if she likes him? L and I are not even in relationship. I fight back to my jealousy thought.

Here she comes. She gives me a very bright smile with an innocent look and a warm hug. Well, this make me even more confuse whether should I ask or not. Finally while we are in my room doing our homework, I gather all urge and I ask her.

“IU what do you think of L?” she smiles. “Do you like him?” I continue. She looks at me just like she is going to admit me the truth. And now she answers “are there any girl who doesn’t like him?” my eyes are widen. “I do like him. He is perfect. He is smart, good looking, rich and outgoing. What else does he need?” she seems so delighted while she is saying about him.

 

 

Shall I give up? I don’t know what to do.

       L.... why are we keep getting apart?