Am I too weak?

WHEN WE TOGETHER

If this is the end for us … I will just say that I do satisfy with it. Because we possess each other sweetly in this life. 

 

Jiyeon's POV

Like every Saturday afternoon, Yoona, Suzy and IU are in my room, having some chitchat and talk about anything that come across to our mind. Our topic from movie has unknowingly moved on into topic about L. 

"Jiyeon-uh you should do something for yourself instead of going to hospital every day and look after L." Suzy expresses. 

"Are you telling me to give up my hope for L?" Suzy quickly refuse my statement "No No No. Not like that. I didn't mean that. I am not saying you shouldn't go to L anymore. All I mean is you should also give time for yourself…for your FUTURE."

I smile sarcastically "Future? What future? A dark, cheerless and miserable future…with these useless legs? Listen Suzy! It’s better not to have a future rather than having like those one - ”

Yoona cuts me off “No Jiyeon! You are totally wrong. So are you going to waste your life by longing something that is not sure to come? How thoughtless you are? There are dozens of people out there who are trying their best even though they can’t use their leg like you or some may be worse than you.”

“Yes! YOU CAN SAY LIKE THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT IN THAT SITUATION. The one who is suffering is not you, ME!!!” I yell angrily. “Do you know how hard is it being like this? …. NO YOU DON’T!!! At the same time do you ever feel that kind of pain when you are seeing the person you love more than yourself is lying down in coma? Of course you don’t.” I pause take a deep breath “Ok as a friend you may feel sympathy for me but you can’t feel empathy. Surely you can’t.” My watery eyes can’t control the tears anymore but flowing down on my cheek. I turn my wheel chair around facing my back to them.

The room is silence. No one is making a single sound…

A thought come across my mind; I realise that I was a bit out of control. I shouldn’t be that angry.  A minute later, Yoona breaks the silence. “Jiyeon-uh we are so sorry. We didn’t mean that and it was our concern for you.”

Suzy joins in “Yeah! Jiyeon, we know how hard it is for you. Obviously we don’t want to see you in pain. We want you to be happy. And this is no one’s fault, it just the life and you have to be able to resist it.”

“Sorry, I want to stay by myself” I request while making a deep sigh  “okay we will leave you alone. But Jiyeon-uh please don’t give up. We are always ready to help you anytime you need.” “Fighting!!!!” with a small cheer Suzy, Yoona and IU step out of my room leaving me alone as I wish to.   

 


 

While clutching L’s soft hand with my both hands, I try to swallow all my tears silently.

L do you think I am too weak? I feel like I’ve fallen down from a very high cliff. It’s too hard to get back to the top; no I mean to get back to where I was. I am really tired of everything and I wanna give up now. Am I too weak?

Are these execrations for us?

I bow down my head onto our clutching hands, try to reduce my emotional disorder in this silence.

I spend seconds … minutes … hours … days and months in this silences; in this darkness and last of all in this bitter world.   

 


 

8 months later

Eventually, God has now fulfilled my wish by bestowing on me the long awaiting splendid faith. I can now noticeably see changes on L. His eyes have come alive; he can clearly hear everything; he already said a few words and the words I have been waited ‘I miss you’. He now laughs at simple jokes, frown and even sweet smile. Slowly he recovered everything.

Although it was a long time, it does worth priceless for us or at least for me.

 

 


Yay... guys L is back, and so myungyeon??? Let's see... :)

Guess what? next chapter will be the final chapter.

So please look forward to it.... ^^