The Remembrance Day

WHEN WE TOGETHER

 

In the middle of the road, there is only him and me.

My heart speaks up “I LOVE YOU, L”

“Mum we are back” I shout to my mum who is at the upstairs. She comes out “Oh! Good you are back in time. Chin-Hae’s parents are on the way coming here, to pick him up.” She looks at Chin-Hae and asks “Chin-Hae-uh are you hungry?” Chin-Hae quickly replies “Nope, I am full. I have eaten too much” then Chin-Hae looks at me “Jiyeon Unnie take me there again ok?” As I nod, a joyful smile appears on his face. Mum also seems satisfied “It seems like he enjoys going out with you”

Of course he does he enjoyed as he didn’t even notice me went out with L.  I say in my mind and chuckle.

 

Since today is the last day of the school everyone seems so delighted. I come out of the exam room and look for L but can’t even see his shadow. “Where is he now?” I whisper to myself. Continuously, I call his. “Please answer me. Please! Please” Finally he answers “Hello!”      “Hello L where are you. I am looking for you now.” 

“Don’t wait for me just go to your house. I will call you back bye” he quickly hang out the phone.

What’s wrong with him? By the way where are those guys? Why I can’t find any of them? What a good friends they just left me alone. An angrily pout appears on my face.       

I drag my foot lazily till I get to my house. Why the last day of the school is so boring for me? Isn’t it supposed to have fun with friends?                    Finally I arrive in front of my house, looking at the phone with hope that someone may probably rings me.

But No One!

The silent house is welcoming me. “Mum!” I shout for my mum but no one answers. Is she outside? I don’t know. I walk to my room, open the door and …….

“Booooomp!” someone suddenly pop out in front of me. It’s L. “You scare me” I slap his chest in irritation. I just notice that all my friends (Yoona, Donghae, IU, Suzy, Woohyun and Sunggyu) are in my room. “Why are you all…” I couldn’t finish my sentence since a familiar face next to my mum surprise me. I am actually frozen in disbelief.

Isn’t he my dad? How can he is here? “Jiyeon-uh” L’s voice brings me back into the present world. “Mum!” softly, I speak out. Staring at the man next to mum surprisingly, I don’t know what to say. “Why don’t you say hi to your dad?” mum speak out. Dad? Yes he is my dad.

“Dad!” he is smiling at me. “You are here, right next to mum. Does it mean?”

“Yes, it does mean what you are thinking now” he says. “Dad!” I run to him, embrace him tightly and say “Thank you dad. Thank you so much.” Dad pads my back and says “I will not leave you and your mum anymore.”    Happiness form into tears and drop from my eyes. Now, my wish is fulfilled. I don’t need to go to state and don’t need to left the people who I love anymore.

Woohyun shouts “So everyone ready?” “Yess” they all scream and get their packages which are at the bottom of my bed. Dad holds mum’s hand and walk out of the room. L comes closer to me. As I give him a ‘what’s going on’ look, he says “We are all going to Jeju Island” “How come?”    “For now just pack up your stuffs okay? I will explain it to you later”

Dad drives the car that all of us can fit in. Everyone seems ready to go there except from me.

 


“Okay now tell me what happen?” I raise my voice to find out the real situation. “Calm Down Jiyeon! We will tell you everything” Woohyun says.

“Then tell me…”

Yoona explains me everything “Basically your dad came back to Korea last week and only your mum knows about that. He didn’t tell you because he wants to surprise you. And then to make it more special your mum told us and we were thinking to go somewhere. Finally we decided to go Jeju Island”

I look at L with my fiery eyes “why didn’t you tell me?”   “Don’t look at me like that. Honestly I just knew about that yesterday” As I still not believe him IU tries to assure “Yeah, only me, Yoona and Suzy knew about that, they all just knew it yesterday”

“So all your parents allow you guys going there?”

“Not that easy but your mum call our parents to allow us going there”

“Arrr I got it. Anyway t0day is going to be a remembrance day for me right?”

“Yeah that’s right the last day of high school” IU says and Suzy continues “The first day you meet with your dad after a very long time” finally Yoona finishes off the sentence “And the day all of our friends go to Jeju Island together”  

“Yayyyyy….”