The Exquisite Village

WHEN WE TOGETHER

 

Shall I give up? I don’t know what to do.
L.... why are we keep getting apart?

“Please IU don’t continue, I don’t want to hear anymore.   NO! I can’t give up. Do you know how much I love him? I…. I…..”  Huh!!!! What? Am I not talking it in my mind? Am I talking it out loud? I shock. I glance at IU. She is gazing at me with her with her very bright eyes. Yes, definitely I said it out loud. She did hear it. What am I gonna go now? My head bow down facing toward the floor. She come closer to me… "Aigoooo...this girl” she messes up my hair with her hands and she chuckle. I am so confused what is happening? I still don't get the situation. “Have u been waiting for him?" She asks me. I don't know what to answer and I reply with a question "Don't you like him?" She replies immediately "of course I do. But ... I like him just for you" she smiles “Remember Jiyeon! If you know that it will hurt you, don't you ever give up easily" I grin with a relief. “You silly girl. OK, now tell me everything. You never told me about him” she scowls. “Sorry IU-ha, I am so sorry. But now I will tell you everything” I apologise her. “You know, when I thought that you like him, that reminds me of a situation from 2 years ago”. “Really! tell me what happened?” she enquires.

 

Flash back

Today, I sleep over at Suzy’s house. We are having fun and chatting the whole night. At midnight Suzy asks me “Jiyeon, do you have a crush on any one?” I laugh “You tell me first”. She reacts “No, you first, I asked you first” we argue. Finally we decided to say at the same time. The countdown start “1…...2…..3” we both say at the same time “L” what a staggering. We both like the same person.

Not a long period after “I realise that L likes me, I decide not to meet with him. I will feel really guilty if we date. So, I choose to hang around with a guy who likes me. When Suzy asks me I lie “I change my mind”. I guess L is disappointed, and he never tried to confess me anymore. The next year the guy who I was hanging around moved and the rumour that L likes me started again.

But no more confession … from him.

End of flash back

 

“Arrr… it was like that.” IU mutters. “How about now? Does Suzy still like L?” “No I don’t think so. She told me that she doesn’t like him anymore and she said it was just fancied since L is smart” I explain. IU push my shoulder with her body and say “but yours is not…” we giggle. The night becomes a cheery night.

 

At School: Break time

We are all sitting in a big table at the school canteen. “We” means Me, IU, Suzy, Yoona, Donghae and Woohyun.

L and Sunggyu are walking toward the canteen and going to sit in the table next to us. So, Woohyun call out "Yo! Mr L" as the way he usually calls L "Come and sit here. What wrong with us for you to sit in the other table" L smiles and replies "Ok, Ok" Suzy offers Sunggyu a tool. L sits down next to Woohyun, right in front of me. We are eating our meals and after a while IU starts a conversation "Guys don't you want to go somewhere?" Woohyun set up a joke making the whole group laugh "Where to your house?" IU pouts and continues "I am going to visit to a village where my grandparents live this weekend with my brother. So, do you guys want to join?" Suzy states "But we have English course work" Sunggyu exclaim "But we have to hand in that course work by the end of this week" Suzy resume "O! Yhh I forgot Sorry." she gives everyone puppy eyes and continues “So we are all free!”  "Yeah! So do you guys wanna go" IU asks. And everyone say "Yes!" now we have confirmed that everyone from our group is going.

We all try very hard to finish our course work during the rest of the days in this week.

Now the week is over and tomorrow we are going to the village.

On Friday night, IU texts everyone that "Guys tomorrow early at 6.AM I am going to fetch you all at your houses with my bro. So be ready" She already told that the village is quite far so we have to go early. And we are also going to sleep a night there.

I plead my mum hardly to allow me to go there. Finally, she agrees since I have never gone like this before. I guess the others also have to do the same thing as me.

 

At the Village

After 3hours of drives now we are at this lovely little village on a steep road down to a great big lake. All the way to IU’s grandparents’ house, some of the views are quite familiar to me “I feel like I have seen this before” I verbalize and Yoona also agree with me “yeah same”. IU explains that “The views in this village often used for a filming location” “Arrr so we have seen this in films” I nod. L says “can we swim in that lake?” he points to a big lake new to the house. “No, they don’t allow you to swim cause it’s a bit dangerous. But don’t worry we can go for cycling around the lake. I used to do that” she grins. Again the joker Woohyun says “Aha..!!! With your boyfriend, Yhh” “Shut up, man” IU scowls. “You two are being like an old couple” Donghae says making all of us laugh. Still they are arguing.

IU’s grandparents welcome us with the variety types of food laying on a table. What a great preparation. We greet the grandparents and directly go to the table to eat since all of us are already hungry. We thank for the food, and prepare to go out and look around the village.

The fresh air makes us to release all of our stress and enjoy the present. L is wearing white shirt, kneel length shorts and Mexican Souvenir hat. Of course he looks so handsome. Suddently Yoona come and says “hey! Me and Donghae are going to the castle that we saw on the way when we came here”  I reply “Ok Ok” and she whisper me “go somewhere with him” and she runs away to Donghae.

 

L’s POV

Jiyeon looks so pretty I can’t move my eyes away from her. She is talking and laughing with Suzy and IU. While I am glaring at her Woohyun pokes my shoulder and whispers “If you don’t confess this time, you should just die” he scowls at me and continues “I already saw a box in your bag, isn’t for her?” I am shocked. How does he know? “Why did you touch my bag without my permission” I yell at him “I didn’t mean to…. Well it’s not important now. Don’t waste your time. Just give her and tell her that you like her” he is being so impatient “Why are you making it as a big deal?” he smirks and left me.

 

I think it’s the time now.         I should confess her now.

Okay I have already made a decision ….I walk toward her.