Officially Dating

WHEN WE TOGETHER

Jiyeon’s POV

This time he gently kisses on my forehead.

We all come back from the lovely village. L and I made a promise that we will one day go back to that village together.

Now we are officially dating.

 

We are always together at school. He extremely takes care of me and I take care of him so much, even if it a minor thing. I make food for him every day and he carries my bag all the time. We study together at the library and help each other in every single subject.

Teachers ask us “Are you two dating” we answer honestly “Yes, we are”

Other students say “I am really envy of you two’s love” we give them bright smiles.

My mum asks me “My daughter! Are you dating now?” I reply truthfully “Yes, mum” in afraid tone and she says “But make sure you study hard enough” I give her a hug and say “Trust me mum, I will never mix them up”

He kisses my hair gently and says “I love your hair”

I reply with a pleased “I will have it longer”

He walks me home every day after school and we text each other as soon as we finish studying.

“Make Kimbap for me tomo <3 ”      

“ Yes I will. Oh! Yhh Don’t come and pick me tomo cz my mum will drive me to school”      

“Okay but I want a kiss as a payback for not letting me see you early morning”  

“I will give you two.  :*   :*  ” “   :*  ”

Every morning when we meet at school he says “I miss you” I reply straight away “I miss you, too”. A hug and smiles is our morning greets. Before we sleep "…muah…" the sound of the kiss through the phone line is our good night farewell.

We can’t stay mad at each other for more than a minute or two.

When I joke at him “OMG L I forgot the Kimbap that I made for you at home” he pucker his eyebrow and say “come here, right near to me” I go closer to him. He suddenly kiss on my lip and say “that’s you punishment”.

We sit on a bench, share ear phone and listen love songs together. I lean my head on his shoulder while we walk on street.

While he walks me home, he buys ice-cream and I thanks to him with a kiss on his cheek.

I give him my heart and he gives me his soul. Our moments are perfectly make up with love.

 

One evening after school.

“Bye, L” I kiss on his cheek and he said “Text me later” “sure”

 I walk inside. Mum is sitting on the sofa. “Mum” I call her but no answer. “Mummm” 

“Oh! Jiyeon-ah” “I am back” I say. She smiles “Go and shower now and I have something to say to you” she says heavily. She seems being gloomy.

I walk upstairs to my room.

After half an hour I go downstairs. Mum is waiting for me while sitting at the dining table. I ask her “What do you want say to me?” after a minute of pause “Jiyeon-ah do you want to see your dad?” How can she ask this question? To meet my dad is my first dream that I always wanted to be. But she never told me about him. So, why she is suddenly saying about him now? “Why are you saying that now?” I ask her curiously.

“Your dad called me this afternoon” she says gloomily.

“Really…..What did he say?   Is he okay?   Where is he now?    How can I meet with him?” I ask many questions continuously but no answer from her. I scream at her “Mummmm answer me. What’s wrong with you? I know you don’t want to meet him anymore but I want to. He is my dad. I want his love for me”.

She answer miserably “He is in America now”

“WHAT?”

“He is in America now and he wants to meet you”

“How can I……” she cut off “He wants you to go and study there”

“Ne…..? ” I am shocked. Mum continues “He will call you tomorrow. He wants to talk to you” after saying that she leaves the dining room. I go back to my room with a cup of tea. My phone’s signal light is on. I am sure L has messaged me.

“My love what r u doing? R u missing me? <3 <3”

I reply “I have something to tell you” He replies back immediately “tell me wht?” 

“I’ll tell u tomo” “kk ^^ my love do your homework now :*”           “yes sir ^^ ”    

 

Next morning at school.

L asks me curiously “You said you want to tell me something”

“Imm! You know my dad call my mum yesterday” “Oh! Really? How is it? Are they fine with each other?” he asks curiously.

“He is in America now”

“Arr really. So, is he gonna come back?” he asks.

“I still don’t know”

The bell ring and we all go to our class room.

“Morning everyone!” our form teacher greets us. “I have got news for you guys” every students start to shout randomly “what”   “exam?”   Including Woohyun who shouts “Don’t tell us you are going to marry Mr Kim” which make the whole class laugh noisily.

“Quite guys” she controls the class. “As you know this school always carry out a farewell party concert for 3rd year students….” A student cut off “But …still 3 months left for this year to finish” the teacher continue “Yes we decided to do earlier since you will all have many exams on the last month of the year” everyone nod with agree.

“So who want to sing for the concert?” 

Yoona and Donghae raise their hand up. Donghae says “can we sing couple song?”

“Yes of course you can” teacher replies.

 Suddenly, L raise his hand and say “We too”

We too? I am shocked. Do we mean ‘him and me’? I don’t even know how my hand is already up in the air. Actually he is holding it. Teacher says “L and Jiyeon?”

“No! I don’t want to sing” I scream with a disagreement. But L quickly exclaims “don’t listen to her? We are going to sing for sure” the teacher smiles and jots down our name. The only thing I can do is “ sigh”.

“Okay so if you want to sing come and give me your name and the song title that you are going to sing. Make sure you practise during this two week. The concert is after this 2 weeks” teacher explains.

 

At break time

L asks “Jiyeon what major are you thinking to take at University?” “Why? What you want to take?” “We are going to finish school in 3 months. So we should now decide what we are going to study at college. Let’s go for medical, Do you want to?” Although L is talking, I am not in mood. I am waiting for my dad’s call. So, I just nod at him. He asks me with concern “what happen? Are you sick?” He places his hand on my forehead.

“No, I am fine. I am waiting for my dad’s call”

“Oh! Is he gonna call you? I am glad that you can contact him now” he says enthusiastically.

My phone rings “Hello!” I answer. “Hello, Jiyeon-ah ” yes it’s my dad.

This is my first time talking to him. We talk joyfully the whole break. The one who is sitting next to me is L, while eating the food that I made for him. He said that he likes the food that I make for him. He listens to our conversation and also feels happy as much as I feel.

After school, today L is going to my house to choose the song for the concert.

Mum opens the door “Oh! L is here?”

He politely replies “Yes mum because we have to choose a song to sing for the farewell party concert” what a possessive pronoun; he calls my mum “mum”

Mum says in disbelieve “what Jiyeon is going to sing?” “Yes, she is going to sing. I am going to teach her” “Arr Okay. I am going to make something to eat” she goes to the kitchen. We headed the living room.

“Jiyeon-ah do you want to sing LOVING YOU” “LOVING YOU” I repeated “No the song is just too sweet. If we sing that everyone might think that we are being Lovey Dovey on stage”

He disagree “Nooo, the song is good. Even though they think that, SO WHAT? We are couple”

“No I am too shy to sing that” I sturdily refuse. Still he is not giving up “I will play the guitar and you sing. Or we both can sing together” he say actively and blanking my refusal.

Then he starts to hum “Loving you...Is easy because you're beautiful….Making love with you…Is all I want to do………” I record the humming stolen. Mum comes to the living room with a tray carrying food. So he stops humming. “So what song are you going to sing” she asks.

He quickly replies “LOVING YOU” “NO!” I refuse. “YES” he louder his voice. Mum is just smiling.  

 

His actions are just so cute. I can’t consist anymore.  Finally I agree with him.

“Okay, then we are going to sing it” L chuckle with succeed. “This is my Jiyeon” he whispers to my ear.     

 

 These are our lovely moments that I will never forget.