Friendship

WHEN WE TOGETHER

L, Please allow me to come back to you.  

 

L’s POV

I am on the way going to school Farewell Party by taxi. It seems like this horrible traffic is stopping me to get there in time. The party might be already started and the time for me and Jiyeon to sing the song Loving You is 11:45 AM and now is 11:30. Will I be able to reach there in time? I hurry the driver to drive quickly but still the traffic is stopping us.

This is the result of me hesitating this morning whether to go or not. Suzy’s words from yesterday alert my mind and making me to think about Jiyeon and I’s relationship again. Obviously I was wrong. I should have understood Jiyeon. No! Actually I should even encourage her to go there. It is for her good sake. I was so dumb. Jiyeon-uh I am so sorry for making you feel said. I will never do like that again. I believe in you. I am sure that one day you will come back to me.

Only 5mintues left for the time to sing but I am still at the long distance. Please God! Please let me get there in time.

I arrive there 5minutes late. I run to the hall quickly. See Jiyeon on the stage with a guitar. She is adjusting the mike to sing and now she sitting down on the chair. She is going to start singing now. Her fingers move and the sound of the guitar softly come into my ear.

"Wait" I scream. Everyone's eyes in the hall are on me as well as Jiyeon's. She stands up in shock. She looks so pretty. Her white dress is completing her look.

I quickly walk along the hall way, get on the stage and request "can I play the guitar for you?" Jiyeon is gazing at me with her innocent eyes and half open mouth.

Students sitting on the audience seats are shouting, screaming and cheering us.

"Ohooo!!!"         "Go go..L"           "accept it"           "let him play"

 Jiyeon finally hand me the guitar and she gives me a sweet smile. Her face goes blushing as I wink at her.

 


Fortunately, our performance has ended perfectly.

 

At the back of the stage

"Yo! Mr.L what is going on?" Woohyun playfully greets me. "We thought you don't want to come here"

I smile and ask "Where is Jiyeon?"

"I think she goes to toilet" Suddenly Jiyeon come into the back stage waiting room. "Oh! There she is" Woohyun points at her. I walk nearer to her “Jiyeon-uh can I have a chat with you” I request.

“I also want to talk to you” she smiles gratefully.

From a distance Yoona shout at us “Oi you two, go to the Ever Smile Café after this party, all of us from our group will be going there”

“All right” we both answer.

Since the music is playing too loud we decided to go to the park in front of this hall.

 


At the park

I hold Jiyeon’s hands softly. “Jiyeon-uh I do apologise. Please forgive me. I was wrong. I should have understood you”  

“No…No…It’s not your fault. Actually it’s my fault. I shouldn’t had chosen to go there and leaving you”

“No, you are right. Actually I should even support you going there” I release her hand and hold her shoulder tightly. “Do you still remember what the fortune-teller said?” she shakes her head left to right “Which Fortune-teller?” 

“Can you remember that last year we went to a village where IU’s grandparents live?”  

“Yeah I do. That is the place where you confessed me and we become a couple”

“Yeah before that?” She thinks for a while and finally “Uahhh!!! I got it. The fortune-teller! She told me that one day I will marry to a foreigner not Korean. Right?”

I nod “Yes, that’s why I didn’t want you to go there. The place you are going is full of non-Korean people so maybe you will see another man or for any other reasons you might probably leave me”

My speech burst her into laughter. “Bwahahahaaa… what you believe in that? Oh my god L. I don’t believe that kind of thing. She is just a normal person. How can she see my future?”

“I usually don’t believe that kind of thing but because it is about you, I consider every single little thing about you”

She touches my cheeks with her palms and making me facing her. “Trust me those are just a minor things compare to our love”

“Yes I know is now. Don’t worry Jiyeon. Just go there. Go and try hard for your better future. Try your best to make your dad to come back to here. I will be waiting for you until you come back…..Fighting!”

“Thank you L, thank you for your understanding” she gives me a charming smile.

“We are not going to be completely apart anyway. Nowadays, the communication system is really good. We can not only text or speak, we can even see each other, right?”

Immediately, she hugs me tightly.  

“I love you L, I love you so much”     “Me too. I love you to death” I gently kiss her forhead. 

 


At the café

We walk to the café. Everyone is already there. They are all looking at us while smiling.

IU says “Where were you two?”    “We were at the park” Jiyeon replies.   

IU continues “we were looking for you at the party and you guys just disappeared” “Sorry” I apologise her. “So why are we meeting here?” they all staring at me and Jiyeon and the most obvious is Suzy, she is glaring at us. “What wrong?” I ask curiously. “You don’t know, Huh!?” Suzy declare. “Know what?”

“It’s my birthday” she louder her voice. “But it was on yesterday” I am confused. “Yeah but wasn’t it cancelled because of you two” she pouts angrily.

“We are so sorry Suzy” Jiyeon apologise and hugs her. Suzy smiles “That’s fine. Actually I was just pretending.”   “What?” we both surprise at the fact that she was pretending. Suzy poke her tongue out “They told me t” she points at IU and Yoona and they both point at each other. Finally they both grin at us since we find out the fact. Yoona immediately expresses “Well that’s for you two”

Donghae interrupts “Okay take a seat first we will explain it to you” we sit down at the space they leave for us. And Yoona continues her explanation “When you two broke up. We all really feel said as much as you two. Although we try to convince you two to be together again none of you listen to us. So yeah we come up with the idea to make you feel guilty”

IU carries on the conversation “We knew that you will only listen carefully if someone angry at you and point up the entire silly mistake you were making. So yeah we decided to choose a person who would be able to ANGRY, IGNORE and SHOUT at you two. But no one wanted to do this. Finally we chose Suzy because her birthday was getting near. So that we all could meet at her birthday and you would even more feels guilty if your best friend is angry and her birthday is cancelled just because of your two”

Suzy keeps the explanation “That is the reason why I became a CRUEL GIRL. And can you remember that before I was talking to you my phone rang?” Jiyeon nods. “It was Woohyun signifying me that L is near the room and I could start talking to you. So that he could hear our conversation” we all laugh out loud. “Arrrr so that’s was a plan” I exclaim. And Suzy quickly says “But those are all truth. We did like that because we knew that you won’t listen to us if we just say simply”

Sunggyu speaks up “it does work, right?” “Yeah” everyone agree. “See now you two are back to normal”

Jiyeon verbalizes softly “Sorry guys. We will not make you guys worry for us anymore”

“Thank you, thank you for alerting us from our silly decision”