Confusedness

WHEN WE TOGETHER

 

Jiyeon’s POV

At IU's house

"Do you really want to do that?" IU asks me. "Yeah! I want to. He made me a fool last year. So this year is my turn" I reply energetically.

"He already got his payback, though"

"What pay back?" I ask her unsurely. "What!!! You remember what he did to you but you forgot what you did to him?"     "Oh! You mean the slap"             She smiles "Yeah! poor L. I still can't believe that he ended up with a slap because of his joke" we both chuckle at that situation. "Still I want to do it. I want to know how he may feel"            "Okay then if you really want to I can help. I also want to see how is he gonna react"               "Yeah let’s do it." I smile at her in satisfaction.

"Where are Suzy and Yoona by the way?"       "Wait I will call them" IU pick up her phone and call Suzy. "Hey! Where r u guys?....................Oh! Ok Ok I am coming" she hangs out the phone. "They are there at the door way" IU walks toward the door and opens. Suzy and Yoona come in with light hearted steps. "Oh Jiyeon-uh you are already here" Yoona says while giving me a hug. "Yep I am here since an hour ago"   Suzy gives me a tight hug and says "you know the weather outside is so nice" "yeah I know we should go outside" I reply.

"Jiyeon! Shall I tell them about your plan?" as IU speaks out, they both interestingly looking at us. "What plan? Tell us"   IU gives me a look of    *can I say*     “Yeah, sure you can tell them”    

"It's this ----------------------------------------------------------"

After IU explains everything "Woww that's cool" Yoona reacts in agreement. "We will help you Jiyeon" Suzy says while padding my shoulder. “So how shall I do?” “We can do like this…………”

 


 

L's POV

After school, in the cafe waiting for Jiyeon to go and eat something as we promise. I glance at my watch. It's 5:30. So 30 minutes has already passed. Why is she so late? And she is not answering my call. I wonder where she is now. Take a sip of my coffee and pick up my phone to call her again.

Suddenly, my phone rings and I look at the caller ID quickly. Once I see it,   it disappoints me as it is not from Jiyeon but from IU.

"Hello!" I answer her lazily. "L! Listen to me carefully. Jiyeon is at the hospital now..." I cut her sentence "sorry IU, try the other one. I know what day is today"

"What do you mean?”   “I mean I know today is April Fool's Day”  

“So you think that I am joking?"            "What else can it be?"

“Come on L. I am serious. I am telling you the truth.”    “Okay IU-uh, it’s enough; you should make the sensible one. But this is just too unbelievable”

"Okay fine! If you think it's a joke you don't need to come here.” Her angry voice appears. “But what I can say now is; Jiyeon is in emergency room now. So yeah that is. Think about it carefully." she hung out the phone.

“These girls they are thinking about how to joke around” I mumble to myself.

Trying to call Jiyeon over and over again still no answer. “Shall I just call other friends?”  I call Sunggyu. After a long ringing, he answers “Yah! Why can’t you answer quickly? Where are you?”

“Awnn L! I am on the way now?”                  “On the way? To where?”

“I will be there in 3 minutes….Aishhhh because of this stupid traffic”               “What are you talking about?” I ask him in confuse.

Sunggyu replies “How is Jiyeon? Is she is operation room now?”

Because of the noise on his side I can’t really hear well “What?? I can’t hear you say it loudly?”

“I am nearly there now; I will just see ya there. Bye!!!”

“What is going on? Why are they all talking about Jiyeon and hospital? This so confusing” after thinking for a while “Arrrrr…. They are all trying to make me fall into their trap. Come on guys I am not that stupid. This is just so obvious.”

“Okay now seems like Jiyeon is not gonna come. I should just go home.”

I walk to the counter to pay for the coffee. “How much is it?”

Suddenly!!! My phone rings. I pick up the phone quickly with the expectation of if it’s from Jiyeon. What a shame!! It’s not from her. “Yes, Noona!!!” I answer my Noona Eunjung’s call.

"Where are you L?" She asks. "I am going home now"

"Are you not going to the hospital?"                  "What hospital? For what?"

"Seriously? I though you are at the hospital.”             "What? What are you talking about?”

“Don't you know anything?"

“Just tell me what happen?" I ask impatiently.         "Oh Gosh! Jiyeon is in hospital now."

"What? Why? Are you joking?"

"Have I ever lie you?" Yes that's true she has never lie to me. She always takes things seriously. So it can be true. "What happen to her?" I ask worryingly.

"They said that she got in the bus crush"                      "What bus crush? I don't get it."

"Basically a bus and a car accident which happened on the way she was going to meet you. All right you will know everything when you go there. Just go to ______ Hospital quickly. I am also going there now” That time a new appears on TV near the counter of the cafe. Saying that two people die and 5 people got injure because of a car and a bus accident. The bus number! That's definitely right. It is the bus that Jiyeon might get in order to come to this place. So!!!!!! So she must got into that accident. My head suddenly become big and go blank. If this is true…….. 

"Hello!! L.    Hello!!!!!       Are you listening?"                "Noona! What shall I do now?" I ask weakly. "You should quickly go to the hospital now."           "Okay I got it" "but don't drive your bike too fast....."            

I immediately hung out the phone and start getting on my bike.      With a high speed I lead to the hospital.       Figuring out the image of Jiyeon in the operation room make my heart beat pump faster and faster.         I can't stop hearing the sound of       "2 people die and 5 people injure"            "2 people die and 5 people injure".          "2 people die and 5 people injure".     

Tears fill up in my eyes and continuously flowing down on my cheek. 

Jiyeon-uh please don’t leave me alone. Please....Please....