TALKING

Love On A Cake

Soon it was closing time and I wasn't really looking forward to seeing them stroll in.
 
"Hey boss,you can go back with Cassie unnie,I will lock up here."
 
"Okay then,komawo,go back safely,their cakes are in the back fridge you know right?"
 
"Nae ara."
 
"Cassie ah,pali wa,Sun will close up."
 
Cassie came out and grabbed her bag,"Lets go then,I'm exhausted.Oh hold on,Hyemi ah,you're not waiting for them?"
 
I sighed,"Can we just go?"
 
She nodded but gave me the I'm-bringing-the-matter-up-again look.
 
Just as we stepped out of the cafe,the duo appeared again and I stood there shocked.Well so much for trying to run.
 
"Oh heading back already?" Himchan asked,relaxed.
 
"Yes Hyemi has a headache so we're leaving Sun to close up."
 
Daehyun's eyes shot through me,worry plastered on his face.
 
I refused to meet his gaze,"I'm sorry but Sun will get your cakes and drinks for you,Cassie can we go please?"
 
"Okay then,see you guys tomorrow."
 
I pulled her away and we heard the familiar jingle of our door.
 
So I totally didn't expect Daehyun to come behind me and pull my wrist to face him.
 
"Omo,what is it?" I stared at him.
 
Daehyun held my gaze solidly but looked at Cassie apologetically,"Mianheyo,I know you girls are heading back,can I borrow Hyemi for a while?I'll send her back home later."
 
Cassie scrutinized him and looked at me,"Hyemi you okay with that?"
 
"No I'm not okay with that."
 
Daehyun tightened his grip on my wrist,"Just for a while."
 
I sighed,"Okay fine,Cassie please go back safely."
 
"I'll send her back if you're worried."Himchan appeared with the cakes and drinks.
 
I nodded,"Okay then,thank you."
 
Cassie smiled and Himchan handed Daehyun his cake and drink.They went off and Daehyun took me in the opposite direction.
 
I stared at the contents in his hand,I should have put the cakes in different coloured boxes so I could figure out which cake he ate.
 
Their usual cakes were cheese and chocolate cake,our cafe's specials.
 
He looked at me then,holding my gaze for the billionth time today.
 
I pried my eyes away and looked ahead,I could feel my head start to ache.
 
He sighed,"Hyemi ah."I ignored him.
 
"Hyemi ah."
 
I closed my eyes and he grabbed my hand,"Hyemi please."
 
"What?"
 
"Listen to me."
 
"I don't want to."
 
He took a deep breath,like he was trying to control his temper,and believe me he definitely had one.
 
He met my eyes,"I'm sorry okay?For snapping like that in the morning."
 
I just continued watching him,wishing I was back home.
 
"I just,you're not trouble to me okay?I was just-"
 
"I know,whatever,you regret saving me,you were busy and everything-"
 
He scoffed,"Regret?"
 
The cup in his hand seemed very dangerous at that moment.He pulled me to a bench and sat down,leaving the cake and drink safely at a side.
 
He let my hand go and looked to the ground,"I never regret saving you."
 
"Then why-"
 
"I'll never regret saving you okay?"
 
I nodded.
 
"I only regret not being there earlier to keep you safe."
 
I didn't really want to understand what he was saying so I just looked away.He seemed to sense that and he held my shoulders,making me look into his eyes,which were beautiful by the way.
 
"Don't ever say sorry for something that wasn't your fault and don't say you were in any way a problem or that you caused trouble to me okay?Because you didn't bring or do anything that caused trouble to me."
 
I blinked at him and hoped that my heart would quieten down because it was really causing a racket inside me.
 
I waited until his words had sunk in,then I asked,"Is that why you were angry?"
 
He let go and the part of my shoulder he just touched felt cold.
 
I shivered and hoped he would rest his hands there again.
 
But he didn't,he just chuckled,"I was really fired up wasn't I?"
 
I nodded,remembering the way he glared at me.
 
"I'm sorry for scaring you."
 
I didn't want to hear any more of his apologies,so I let my eyes roam and it landed on his sweet treats that he just bought.
 
He followed my gaze,"Want to share?"
 
I giggled,"I see these stuff everyday."
 
"Well I do too right?"
 
"Exactly,how are you and Himchan not sick of it?"
 
He kind of frowned at that,I wasn't sure from hearing Himchan's name or the sick part.
 
"Its the nicest cakes we've ever had okay?"
 
I nodded,"Which cake do you eat anyway?"
 
He opened the box and I peered inside,cheese cake.
 
I smiled slightly and shook my head.
 
"Why,you don't like cheese cake?"
 
I thought about it,"Can I tell you something?"
 
"Yeah sure."
 
"We have at least more than ten flavours right?"
 
He nodded,recalling our display fridge.
 
"Cassie and I make almost every cake together,except for two."
 
"Cheese and chocolate."
 
I nodded,"The only cakes we don't bake together."
 
"Which one do you bake?"
 
I smirked,"Guess."
 
He thought about it then looked into his box,"Cheese cake."
 
I smiled,"Yeah,Cassie bakes the chocolate."
 
He beamed slightly but went dark again,"You don't like cheese cake do you?"
 
I giggled,"Well Mr Police Officer,even though I bake maybe the nicest cheese cake,I don't really like it and on the other hand I prefer chocolate."
 
He laughed,"Let me guess,Cassie bakes the chocolate cake but she prefers cheese cake."
 
"Exactly."
 
He chuckled then stared at the cake,"So you made this?"
 
"Most likely."
 
He took the plastic fork off the cover and took a bite of the cheese cake.
 
I watched him eat it like watching some commercial.
 
"This is great you know?"
 
I nodded,"I guess so."
 
"Here."
 
He held the fork with some cheese cake for me to eat.I eyed it for a moment but ate it.
 
It was amazing of course,I know my standard,but it tasted different,not exactly sweeter but yummier.
 
Daehyun was looking at me,watching my expression and I wondered if it tasted better because he fed it to me.
 
He smiled and his hand reached out to wipe a bit of cake off my lips,then he paused and his fingers grazed my lips gently.
 
I didn't really know how I felt,I mean,my heart either already left my body or it went numb because I just froze there.
 
For that moment,I wondered how his lips taste like,but he pulled away and closed the cake box.
 
He stood up and walked a few steps away before turning back to me,"I'll get you home."
 
I nodded and took his latte from the seat to pass it to him.
 
How did I know it was latte?I can smell my favourite drink a mile away.
 
No need to ask him what drink he drank.

 

=========================================================================================================================

A/N:Well seems like things will get better from here. Don't you think? Haha,thanks to my subscribers and please comment! Oh and one more thing,do you guys want a poster for this fanfic or any of my other fanfics? Because I feel like requesting for one. Just comment below and tell me!