STATIONS PLEASE

Love On A Cake

 

My palms were sweaty even though I've been wiping them down my skirt during the drive here.
 
I stood outside the police station,I backed away last time,I won't do it this time.
 
Its our cafe's second anniversary and someone at the station ordered a whole lot of our anniversary specials.
 
I wore the dress special for today.Because there was absolutely no baking for Cassie and I today.
 
Sun and two other helpers got the batters in the oven and handled everything,well,except for this special delivery.Just because the station was our loyal customer.
 
My hands trembled as I held ten boxes of cakes.
 
I walked up the steps,my heels click clacking on the tiles,my hair floating in the wind.I shivered slightly,I didn't bother grabbing my coat,the sun was out and rather warm other than the occasional breeze.
 
The automatic sliding doors opened and I stepped into the wide room,counters with officers and people sitting around.
 
A male officer spotted me and waved me over.I smiled,I knew him,Mr Kang,friendly and loves eating my cup cakes.
 
"Oh Hyemi,you look great."
 
I bowed slightly,"Komawo."
 
"Special order?"
 
"Nae,because you are our loyal customer so I've come all the way here to distribute to everyone here."
 
"Including your boyfriend huh?"
 
I nodded,"And him."
 
He chuckled and grabbed five boxes from me,"Its five here,two each for Himchan and Daehyun's group,one to our in-charge."
 
"Ah nae,"I proceeded to the back office and handed out the boxes,Himchan beaming at the sight of the cakes.
 
"Oh right,Daehyun isn't here,he went for his physical training."
 
"Oh,okay,enjoy the cakes."
 
Himchan smiled,"Sure thing."
 
I saw the pretty officer gazing at the cakes and shooting me looks,but it really didn't matter,I bet almost everyone here knew Daehyun and I were together.
 
I went to Daehyun's group and gave out the cakes.
 
The last stop was the in-charge,but he was not very strict or fierce or anything,maybe just in front of me.
 
Because I remember a day where Daehyun's face was so dark it scared me. Only after a while did he tell me about his in-charge. I didn't have a very good impression of him.
 
I gave him his box and left the station after saying goodbye to everybody.
 
Himchan slipped a paper in my hand before waving me off.
 
The wind brushed past my bare shoulders and I took a cab to the address written.
 
It was a police academy and I saw some officers at the canteen from where I was standing.
 
I peeked around the security post to see if I could spot a glimpse of Daehyun.
 
The guard came out,"Are you Park Hyemi?"
 
I jumped a little,"Er yes I am."
 
"Please,come on in."
 
I watched him quizzically,how did he know my name?
 
He led me through the canteen,foyer,through the building with offices and training rooms.
 
Those male officers were staring at me and I felt so conscious of myself suddenly.
 
Is there something on my white dress?Was it flying when the wind blew?
 
I remember pressing my skirt down.
 
Am I not allowed to wear white here?Or is it the dress I'm not allowed to wear?
 
My mind snapped back to Daehyun.
 
I thought about it,Daehyun was a leader,what is he training for then?
 
We stopped outside a room and the guard opened it carefully.
 
He gestured for me to go in and I did.
 
The room was split into groups but the main training was in the center.
 
With Daehyun sparring with another officer.
 
I figured it out,Daehyun was the trainer.
 
Some of the trainees stared at me and I bowed awkwardly,putting my finger to my lips,indicating for them to be quiet.
 
The guys just smiled and I walked carefully to make sure my heels won't make too much noise.
 
Daehyun's station was clearly for physical combat while the rest was either push ups,pull ups or crouches.
 
Some were shirtless and I blushed a little at that,but they seemed more than happy to show their bodies off.
 
I stood leaning against a wall and Daehyun grabbed the officer's arm and twisted him backwards,demonstrating how they can control the person's movements.
 
Then they bowed and another opponent approached and they punched and kicked a few times but Daehyun still subdued him.
 
I smiled and watched as he brought them down one by one.
 
Then his last competitor had serious bulging muscles and he was at least twice of Daehyun's size.
 
Once they started,the guy grabbed Daehyun and wanted to fling him but being the leader that he is,Daehyun got his arm around the guy's neck and his leg around that guy,somehow locking him and making him fall to the ground and Daehyun twisted his arms to make him immobilised.
 
I watched in awe,was that how he fought with the robber that wanted to rob me?
 
The rest of the trainees all gave a defeated sigh and rubbed their necks ashamed,because a girl was watching them.
 
I giggled and Daehyun turned to see me there,his smile blinding the whole room.
 
Well that just proves that Daehyun's muscles aren't just for show.
 
He paired the guys up and came over to me after giving a short pep talk.
 
He hugged me,"Hey there angel,shouldn't you be in heaven?A particular cake heaven maybe?"
 
I pulled away and glared at him for a moment,"No,I came from a police station."
 
"Oh,waeyo?You've been bad haven't you?"
 
I giggled and shook my head,"Oppa,are you done here?"
 
I wiped his sweat and he glanced around the room,"Almost,I don't want you staying here though.Those guys kept smiling and smirking and drooling I thought something was wrong with them,but apparently it was you."
 
I covered my mouth,"Omo,am I such a big distraction?"
 
He nodded and turned his head sharply towards his group of trainees and caught them watching us before they hurriedly continued their sparring.
 
Daehyun smiled,"See what I mean?"
 
I nodded and he wrapped an arm around my waist,pulling me out of the room to his office.
 
"Wow,you have an office here too?"
 
He smiled and put a hand on my neck,"So,happy second anniversary?"
 
"Thank you,I didn't bring anything for you though."
 
"Oh really?"
 
"Not my fault you weren't at the station."
 
"But you're here and I can give you something."
 
"You have something for me?"
 
He leaned in and kissed me softly,his lips a little salty after exercise,but sweet all the same.
 
I pulled away for a short break and pushed him,"Go and shower before coming down to the cafe okay?"
 
He laughed and hugged me again,his body was sticky and he smelled like sweat.Plus his body heat was excruciating.
 
"Hmm,you're skin is so cooling."
 
I giggled and got him off me,"Oppa please,I love you but jebal,take a shower first."
 
He scoffed and kissed me before going back out to the training room.I walked around,taking a look at how his work place was like.
 
But there were officers everywhere and they kept staring at me.It was still nice though,I mean the place he works in.
 
It was filled with equipment to train our police.I peeked into one room and it was like a gym but no one was in there.
 
Then I heard voices down the hallway,leading to the locker rooms and I turned to see a group of guys just coming out of the shower with towels wrapped around their waists,all shirtless.
 
They saw me and I covered my eyes with my hands.I didn't know I came near to the guy's shower rooms.
 
I backed off,"Chesuhamida,I didn't know you guys were coming,mianheyo."
 
I heard some of them chuckle and I turned around,smacking into someone.
 
Another bare chest.
 
I wanted to scream so bad but he hugged me close to him and commanded the guys to leave.
 
The hallway was quiet and his warm hands wrapped around my cold ones,prying them away from my face.
 
I kept my eyes closed and he laughed,"Yah,open your eyes already."
 
I opened one eye and looked at Daehyun.
 
He smirked and I pulled away from him.
 
"Oh my goodness,mianhe,go and wear a shirt,I didn't mean to-"
 
He grabbed my hands,"Relax,gosh you're so cold."
 
I wanted to cry,his body was right in front of me and it was already so hard for me to control my urge to touch him.
 
And he had to talk so calmly.
 
"Oppa,just,oh god,wear a shirt first please."
 
He pulled my waist and took me back to his office.He grabbed a clean shirt and he was already wearing his jeans.
 
"I shouldn't have left your office."
 
He laughed and kissed my cheek quickly before sliding some papers into his file.
 
"Can you wait a moment?I need to send a report out."
 
I nodded and he started typing on his key board.
 
I watched him,he looked amazingly charming when he worked.
 
"Am I that handsome?"
 
I blinked a few times and realised Daehyun was talking to me.
 
"Bwoh?"
 
"You're staring."
 
I nodded and stood behind his chair to hug him.
 
He grinned and leaned in to kiss me so sweetly.
 
My phone rang and I pulled away,"Yeoboseyo?"
 
"Hyemi ah,can you come back down to the cafe?Its overcrowding in here!"
 
I laughed,"Nae arasso unnie."
 
I hung up and Daehyun rested his forehead on mine.
 
"Oppa,I need to go back to the cafe."
 
He nodded and kissed me again.
 
I pushed him slightly,"Oppa."
 
He chuckled,"Your lips are so sweet today."
 
I giggled and he sent out his report before driving down to the cafe.
 
I went in with Daehyun following just behind.The whole place was crowded.
 
"Sun ah!" I called out.
 
She popped out from behind the counter,"Unnie,you're back,thank god."
 
I went over clumsily before absorbing the madness in the cafe.
 
"Where are the helpers?"
 
"Two of them had to leave,the last one is still in the back but she really has no experience and Cassie has to teach her on the spot."
 
I sighed and my brain clicked in order.
 
"Okay Sun,clear the tables.Cassie!"
 
She rushed out and hugged me in relief,"Seems like we have to work today."
 
I nodded and got her in charge of the cashier.
 
I went to kitchen and found the helper staring blankly at the half done batter Cassie whipped up.
 
"Okay,the cakes are in the trays just by the oven.Take them out to the displays and arrange them neatly,I'm sure you can do it."
 
She smiled meekly and went to do what I instructed.
 
I finished putting three cakes into the oven when Daehyun came in.
 
"Need help?"
 
I washed my hands and wiped them down the cloth hanging from my apron.
 
"Its okay,I got it."
 
He watched me as I rushed in and out of the kitchen.
 
Checking the cakes,making coffee,cooling the cakes and adding icing later on.
 
When the last customer left,all of us collapsed on the floor from sheer exhaustion.
 
My apron was a complete mess,Cassie's as well.Nothing happened to our dresses though.
 
The helper thanked us and left quickly.Leaving us to clean up.
 
I glared at her back as she left,some sort of help those people were.
 
I glanced around,"Oh,where did Daehyun go?"
 
Cassie and Sun looked at one another then Cassie offered,"I saw him go out the front earlier,maybe he's coming back,you should take a look."
 
I raised an eyebrow and stood up to remove my apron and smooth my dress down.
 
Sun came over and fluffed my hair while Cassie took off my flip flops that I wore hastily earlier and replaced them with my heels.
 
I stared at them and they pushed me out the front door.
 
The cold wind hit me and I hugged myself from the sudden rush.
 
"Woah,its cold,"I turned and found Cassie and Sun gone.Well they are fast.
 
I pushed the door but it was locked.I grumbled and realised my phone was in my apron pocket,on the counter.
 
I sighed and walked to the park.I don't know why,I mean,I wanted to go home but my legs just walked in that direction.
 
The breeze was especially cold today,and my bare shoulders were feeling the bite.
 
I reached the park and looked up at the dark night sky.
 
"Wah,the stars are so pretty."
 
I heard a little rustle behind me and I turned to see Daehyun standing there.In a magnificent white suit to match my dress.
 
"Oppa."
 
He took his blazer off and wrapped it around my shoulders,smiling brilliantly,hiding something behind his back.
 
"Oppa,what are you doing here?"
 
He chuckled,"Then why are you here?"
 
I stared at him,I myself didn't know.
 
"What's behind your back?"
 
Daehyun came over,tilting my head to look at him.His eyes were amazing.They were sparkling so beautifully,just like the stars in the background.
 
He smiled and kissed me gently.
 
I just stood there blankly,not knowing what was going on.
 
I pulled away and poked his cheek,"Oppa,you planned this with Cassie and Sun didn't you?"
 
He chuckled,"You can be part of our police force at this rate."
 
He stepped back a little and he finally showed me what he was hiding behind his back.
 
I stared in pure shock.
 
A bouquet of white roses.
 
I covered my mouth as I spotted a little red velvet box in the middle of the roses.
 
Daehyun took the box and opened it,kneeling on the floor.
 
He held out the roses and my ring,"Park Hyemi,will you marry me?"
 
I stared at him blankly,I wasn't paying attention,he could sense it.
 
He looked up at me through his lashes,"Hyemi,are you listening to me?"
 
I shook my head and he chuckled,snapping his fingers.
 
The whole park lit up with beautiful lights and a line of candles slowly lit up around us.
 
I watched the whole place turn from the dark place we used to hang out at,into a pretty romantic set,the night sky with stars scattered around matched the mood so brilliantly.
 
The candles were actually in the shape of a heart,and we were standing right in the middle of it.
 
Daehyun took my hand and tugged gently.
 
I pulled him up and he twirled the ring in his fingers.
 
I smiled and touched the roses delicately.
 
"How many in here?"
 
He smirked,"Ninety-nine."
 
I played along,"Oh,why not a hundred?"
 
He took my hand and slid the ring on,"Because the one last rose is right in front of me."
 
I giggled and took the bouquet from him,smelling the sweet scent of roses.
 
"So,"his arm s around my waist,"Is that a yes?"
 
"Bwoh?"
 
"Will you marry me?"
 
"And be your wife for the rest of our lives?"
 
He nodded,"With me being your handsome husband that will always stay by your side."
 
I giggled and buried my head into the petals,before nodding.
 
He laughed and hugged me tightly,almost ruining the flowers.
 
He put his hand on the back of my neck and kissed me softly.
 
I heard claps erupt from all around us and I couldn't help but pull Daehyun's collar closer to me.
 
Do I love him?Sure I do,and I will probably be the only girl to ever experience this.
 
I smiled and pulled away slightly,mumbling,"So this is what happens when I put my love on a cake."
 
He chuckled and kissed me again.
 
 
======================================================================================
A/N:That's the end of the story! Hope you guys liked it! Thanks to all my subscribers and readers for sticking through the whole story with me!
 
If you guys still want more of my fanfics,you can just click on my username.
 
Up till now I have written a few Daehyun fanfics and a short Ilhoon fanfic so once again thank you for reading! :)
 
And continue loving B.A.P! *prays for Himchan to get better REALLY soon*