EXPLAINING

Love On A Cake

We entered his beautiful home and I settled on his sofa while he got some water for us to drink.
 
I took a sip of the water and waited for Daehyun to start.He was looking all around the room,trying to find a way to start.
 
"I,look,I don't know how to start."
 
He looked into my eyes and I couldn't help falling for him even more.
 
His beautiful innocent face,that got slapped by this crazy me twice.
 
I touched his cheek gently,"Go on,I'm listening."
 
He took a deep breath and eyed my lips.
 
He kissed me gently,and I let him,he probably needed that little strength to push him.
 
He pulled away and I kissed his cheek.
 
"Can you start now?"
 
He rested his forehead on mine and nodded ever so slightly.
 
"I need to know what you saw first though."
 
My eyes widened,"Why,is there more?"
 
He panicked and grabbed my hands,"No no I don't mean that,I just want to explain what you saw,that's it."
 
I thought about it,"Why do you even bother explaining to me anyway?If its making you so stressed,then why do you even bother?"
 
He held my neck and gazed into my eyes,"Because I love you,and I don't ever want you to misunderstand anything,so I'm willing to take the time to explain to you."
 
I stared at him blankly and tried to register what he just said.
 
"Wait,w-what?"
 
He smiled and kissed me softly,"I."
 
His lips trailed to my cheek,"Love."
 
He trailed to my ear and whispered,"You."
 
And he planted a small kiss on my neck.
 
I froze as the words sank in.
 
He pulled away and played with my fingers,"You said you wanted me to celebrate with my colleagues yesterday,so I did."
 
I wasn't listening,which was ironic but the words barely sunk in.
 
He looked at me and smiled,"Are you listening?"
 
I shook my head.
 
He chuckled and tilted my chin to look into my eyes,"I shouldn't have kissed you,you get distracted easily."
 
I took a deep breath,he needs to explain.
 
I cleared my mind,"Okay,continue."
 
He looked at our hands and squeezed my hand gently.
 
"I wanted to celebrate with you,but you didn't sound very keen,so I figured that maybe if I celebrate with my colleagues like how you wanted it,you wouldn't feel angry."
 
"Ah,did I screw up your birthday?"
 
He chuckled,"No,no you didn't."
 
I sighed,"Of course it wasn't screwed up,I mean you have that pretty officer by your side and even Himchan-"
 
He put his finger to my lips,"I'm sorry about that,you came to our station didn't you?"
 
I nodded,it didn't surprise me that he knew,well nothing escapes the police.
 
He chuckled,"Yah,why did you walk off like that?"
 
"Bwoh?"
 
"After the driver honked at you,you le-"
 
He paused suddenly,"Oh that's why."
 
"Aish,"he face palmed himself and I watched him.
 
I wondered if he thought I was jealous about that officer.
 
Because I myself wasn't sure.
 
He finally looked at me again,"She's just a friend."
 
I cocked an eyebrow,"I'm a girl and I know when another girl feels something for a guy."
 
He panicked again and held my shoulders,"No no wait listen,I was just talking to her,nothing more."
 
I nodded slightly,"Okay."
 
I took one of his hands and played with it.
 
I wanted to hug him because he was being so cute when he panicked,but I didn't.
 
"Then where did you go to celebrate?"
 
He sighed,"A bar."
 
"Did you drink a lot?"
 
He nodded,"Not at first,I kept thinking about you,I wanted to make sure you were safe.I tried calling you but you didn't pick up."
 
"Mianhe,I didn't hear my phone."
 
"Its okay,just please answer when I call you next time,I get really worried."
 
I nodded,"Nae ara."
 
He sighed,"Then after a while I couldn't stand it and I went out to find you."
 
"You went to find me?"
 
"Yeah I did,and I find you at the little stall talking to this guy."
 
"Oh."
 
He smiled,"Mind explaining?"
 
I ran my fingers through my hair,"He's Jaehyo,Ahn Jaehyo,my ex."
 
He nodded,"Kind of guessed it."
 
"I didn't call him up or anything,he just appeared out of nowhere and he drank with me,listened to me,and then after that he wished me happy birthday."
 
I smiled at the thought,"He was a terrible boyfriend,but he's an awesome friend."
 
Daehyun frowned slightly,"Okay,I wanted to go back to the bar after I saw you with him,but I tried calling you again and I saw that guy pick your phone up."
 
"He picked up my phone?"
 
Daehyun nodded,"I asked him who he was and what he was doing with your phone,but he was really honest."
 
"How do you know?"
 
"I could hear it in his voice,he said he was just a friend and would take you home for me."
 
I thought about it,Jaehyo really changed,for the better though.
 
"Then after I hung up,I went back to the bar,drank a few drinks and took a cab home.Nothing else.Except for the fact that you were right about the pretty officer and she kept trying to stick to me."
 
I glared at him and he chuckled,"Are you jealous?"
 
I blushed and looked away,"No I'm not."
 
"Okay,now its your turn."
 
"My turn?"
 
He nodded,"I've explained to you,now you should tell me why you came all the way to the station and went back."
 
"Oh."
 
I took some time to find the right words,but I couldn't.
 
I saw my bag,"Hold on."
 
I went over and took out the sunglasses,still wrapped neatly and passed it to Daehyun.
 
"There,happy birthday."
 
He beamed,"Can I open it?"
 
"No you can't."
 
He raised an eyebrow and I giggled,"I'm kidding,just open it."
 
He took off the bow and wrapping carefully and opened the box.
 
His whole face lit up,then darkened again,"Why sunglasses?Are you saying my eyes are ugly or something?"
 
I laughed and took the shades from him,"I just thought these suit you okay?I also thought that police officers look really cool when they put these on."
 
I put it on for him and stared for a moment before looking away.
 
I was right,he looked extremely handsome but this time with a hint of mystery and depth.
 
He was more attractive than he already was.
 
"Do I look that bad?"
 
I felt myself blush like crazy but Daehyun didn't know,the sunglasses made it hard for him to see my flushed cheeks.
 
"No,no,you look great,like nice."
 
I wanted to say hot and handsome and attractive and alluring and a total heart breaker but I didn't.
 
He tilted his shades and eyed me,"You're sure I look okay?"
 
I pressed my lips together and nodded.
 
He chuckled and touched my cheeks,"Wow is it that hot in here?"
 
I'm going crazy just from the way he is looking at me and he has to touch me?
 
I looked away and begged for my phone to ring.
 
But of course,phones always have bad timing,it won't ring for me now.

 

=======================================================================================================================================

A/N: That's today's second update! Hope its clear enough for you guys! :)