BANK

Love On A Cake

I went to the bank to deposit some money in the cafe's account.
 
It was night and the bank was about to close but there were still people in the line.
 
I just banked my money in when someone popped out from behind me.
 
"Boo!"
 
I turned sharply and giggled,"Jaehyo ah,what are you doing here?"
 
He put his arm around my shoulders,"Wae?Can't I just see my friend for a moment?Or is it because you're with Mr Police Officer now so I'm off limits?"
 
I scoffed and pushed his head,"Yah,how did you know we're together?"
 
"I can see it on your face,the same expression when you were with me,only brighter now."
 
I felt my heart sound an alarm and for once,timing was on my side.
 
My phone rang,"Yeoboseyo?"
 
"Hyemi ah,where are you?"
 
"We closed early,I'm at the bank right now."
 
"Bank?What bank?" Daehyun was worried suddenly.
 
"Wae?"
 
"Park Hyemi you get out of the bank right now."
 
I raised an eyebrow,I still had to sign a document before I left.
 
"Is everything okay?"
 
Jaehyo gave me a concerned glance and I shrugged.
 
"Oh god can you just listen to me and get out of there?!"
 
"Okay okay I will-"
 
I heard gun shots and I crouched on the ground.
 
The doors of the bank were sealed,I glanced around and everyone was on the ground.
 
"Everybody keep your hands behind your head!"
 
I looked up and saw a group of clowns holding guns.
 
I screamed and kicked myself off to a corner,crying my eyes out.
 
Jaehyo wanted to get to me but a clown kicked him in the gut and pushed him off to where the frightened crowd was.
 
One of the ugly clowns grabbed my arm and threw me towards where they were as well.
 
"Shut up you bloody bit-"
 
Another clown stopped him and gestured to him to go to the back.
 
A middle-aged working woman beside me hushed me and told me to calm down.
 
I was so scared of those stupid clowns and I kept whimpering when I looked up and saw them.
 
"Hey hey,its okay,come on,lets talk,what's your name?"The woman whispered and tried to coax me.
 
I sniffed a little,"Hyemi,Park Hyemi." She was trying to distract me.
 
"Well hello there,I'm Mrs Lee,don't worry,the police should be coming."
 
I nodded slightly and one of the guarding clowns slammed his gun on the table to adjust his pouch or something and I screamed again.
 
He glared at me and Jaehyo moved to block me from the clown.The stupid clown found it insulting or something though,he scoffed and pushed Jaehyo away but Jaehyo gave him a huge kick to his face which sent him flying across the room.
 
I stared in horror and screamed again,Jaehyo hugged me close to him while another clown used his gun and poked his friend on the ground.
 
That clown came over to us and I whimpered in Jaehyo's arms.
 
"Still scared of clowns huh?"
 
I nodded and the clown grabbed Jaehyo away,tying him up and stuffing a huge cloth in his mouth to keep him quiet.
 
The lady tried to calm me down until a clown shouted at us to shut up and I screeched again because the clowns were so near me.
 
They couldn't stand it and one guy pulled me up and shook me violently,"Will you just freaking keep your mouth shut?"
 
I cried stupidly in that clown's grasp and he slapped me across my face.Earning a loud gasp from the audience still frozen in fright.
 
Jaehyo was cursing or something but none of us could hear what he was saying with his mouth gagged.
 
A clown went over and slammed his gun on Jaehyo's head,which drooped limply as he lost consciousness.
 
The crazy clown still grabbing onto me,pierced his fingernails into my shoulder and growled,"If I hear another sound or cry or anything from you,you'll be there lying next to your dumb friend,you understand me?!"
 
I nodded stiffly and he threw me to the high glass walls,nails still deep in my skin,ripping off lengths down my arm.
 
"Ah,ah,apa,"I winced in pain and saw blood flowing down the long stretches of pink raw flesh on my arm.
 
I crouched over,hugging my injured arm close to my body,driving me close to insane with pain searing through my arm.
 
On the other hand,those clowns had gathered everybody's belongings and placed them in the front of the bank,they threw their phones out on the floor as well.
 
My phone,was the only solo one,still lying far away from the others.It rang and my head jerked up from hearing the familiar ring tone.
 
"Yah,aish how could you miss one?"
 
A clown went over and took my phone,staring at it then at me,"Is this yours?"
 
I looked away and flinched when I saw another clown close to me.
 
"You bloody ,its her phone all right!"
 
The clown holding my phone smirked and answered on speaker,"Well hello there Mr Police Officer,is that just a nickname or a pet name?Because a girl here doesn't seem in good shape."
 
I could hear Daehyun's rugged and angered breathing.
 
"Wow,you're not saying anything huh?S'okay,maybe we could give your girl here special treatment."
 
The clown close to me grabbed me by my hair and dragged me to where the other clown was still on the phone.
 
I winced as he threw me to the ground and the clown shoved my phone close to me.
 
"Here,talk to the mute officer,talk to him."
 
He laughed and forced me to talk."Go on! Call him oppa!"
 
I felt my bloodied arm go numb for a moment,then I stared at the screen,"Oppa."
 
It was my first time calling him,or anyone oppa,but I felt a wave of comfort wash over me as I said that.
 
Daehyun broke through then,"Hyemi they hurt you didn't they?"
 
The clown took the phone back,"There we go,now you're talking."
 
Another clown dragged me away and I screamed from the sudden movement and the clown placed his face right in front of me,laughing his head off like a maniac.
 
I heard Daehyun's calm policeman voice and before I knew it,the whole place was surrounded by sirens and police cars with flashing lights.
 
Daehyun must have been at the station or something,because there wasn't a single sound coming from the phone other than his voice.
 
The clown cursed and ripped off the battery from my phone,throwing it across the counter of the bank.
 
The clowns grabbed a few of us,including me,and used us as hostages,leaving the police shouting warnings while I fainted and lost consciousness from the overwhelming scene.

 

======================================================================================================================================