SHOULDN'T HAVE

Love On A Cake

We had a really busy day,but I liked it that way.Something kept nagging me though,Daehyun's present.
 
I looked in my bag,a pair of sunglasses.I bought it a few weeks ago,even though he was stunningly handsome,I always felt like something was missing.
 
And then I found that in a shop.It was branded,in other words expensive,but it really suited him and I wasn't letting that chance of him owning it slip.
 
I always imagined him wearing it,I might go blind from him being too handsome.
 
But,either ways,it shouldn't matter to me right?
 
It was really late and it was almost my birthday.
 
I checked my watch for the millionth time and heard Sun sigh,"Unnie,I don't think they're coming,you said it was his birthday,don't you think he would celebrate?"
 
I nodded,"I guess so."
 
For some reason,I secretly hoped he would reject everybody and celebrate with me,stupid of course.
 
"Look,if you really want to wish him a happy birthday,get the cake you made for him and what other present you've prepared and go see him."
 
"I can do that?"
 
"Why not?"
 
I thought about it,it should be okay right?I mean,even as a friend.
 
Cassie came out from the kitchen,"So are you going to see him?"
 
I took a deep breath,"Okay okay I'm going."
 
They giggled and hurried me out.I took a taxi down to the police station.He mentioned that he worked here once.
 
I paid the driver and thanked him.I stepped out,feeling nervous all of a sudden.
 
What if he isn't here?What if he is out on a mission or maybe he's running after some drug dealers or worse,they've caught him.
 
I smacked my own head,goodness get a grip,he'll be fine,its his birthday.
 
Oh right,its his birthday.
 
I walked to the station quickly and dug around my bag for the neatly wrapped box with the sunglasses inside.
 
I heard boisterous noise and loud laughter.
 
I looked up and saw Daehyun,Himchan,along with a bunch of other officers.
 
Daehyun was happy,obviously,from the way he laughed and talked.
 
To the female officer next to him.
 
I froze there,mid step.
 
She was pretty,rather beautiful in fact.With her long dark brown hair that was straightened and which flowed down her back so beautifully any guy's heart would break.Her pretty face with her high cheekbones and pink lips,her amazing slim body and tiny waist.
 
She was beautiful,not perfect,but beautiful.
 
And he was talking to her happily,laughing and grinning from ear to ear.
 
She slipped on a step and Daehyun caught her at her tiny waist.She blushed a little and laughed awkwardly while Daehyun steadied her.
 
I forgot I was gripping the cake box in my hand until a car honked at me.
 
My hand loosened instantly and I felt the sting from my fingers rise up my arm.
 
I bowed at the driver apologetically and stumbled away.
 
I shouldn't have come here,it was a stupid idea.
 
"Hyemi?"
 
It was already bad enough that we weren't on good terms.
 
"Hyemi ah!"
 
Well,whatever,I don't want to care,I'm tired,just seriously tired and,I stared at the cake in my hand and felt my cheeks get wet.
 
I grumbled to myself and walked along the shops on the pavement.
 
Bright,cheery,beautiful shops seemed to lighten my mood.It reminded me of my cafe.
 
I felt like baking,I sighed,on second thought,I've baked too much today.
 
I bet female officers don't bake much and their hands are always pretty.
 
I face palmed myself,stop thinking about that.
 
I walked absent mindedly and thought about the cake.

*Flashback*

Cassie and Sun were clearing up quickly so I would get out of the cafe.
 
I couldn't help smiling,they really wanted to help me.I decorated the cheese cake carefully,placing chocolate letter pieces spelling out 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY'.
 
I took a deep breath,satisfied with my work.I cleared my table and found some extra chocolate.
 
I thought about it and cut out a rose and leaf shape.
 
Childish?Silly?Maybe,but I like that combination on cakes.I was also hoping Daehyun would get the hint.
 
That I liked roses.I placed the chocolate leaf carefully and proceeded with the rose.
 
I paused for a moment and kissed the chocolate rose lightly before placing it on the cake.
 
Well there it goes,I've placed my love on the cake.
 
Immediately after I boxed the cake,I regretted.
 
What if he rejects my cake?What if I was just misunderstanding his actions?What if-
 
"Hyemi ah,pali wa!"
 
I shook those thoughts off,"Nae,"And I let Cassie and Sun push me out of the cafe.

*End of Flashback*

Well,nice.I should have known better.This was not the first time my feelings were played with.
 
"Ah,"I winced,the box handle was hurting my fingers.
 
I looked around and found the little stall that Daehyun brought me to.
 
Well a bottle of soju would be nice.I placed my things down and ordered three bottles of soju with side dishes.
 
I felt thirsty so I bought two more bottles. Nothing wrong right?
 
I poured the liquid into my tiny glass and gulped the shot down.
 
It felt nice,the warm alcohol moving down my throat.
 
I gulped down a few more cups until I got frustrated and drank straight from the bottle.
 
Someone sat in front of me but I really didn't want to care or know who it was.
 
"Yah,what are you drinking for?"
 
I glared at the guy,"Do I know you?"
 
He chuckled and cracked open a bottle,gulping the whole thing in one shot.
 
He put the empty bottle above his head to prove it was empty and he put it on the table.
 
I squinted my eyes to figure out who it was.Good drinker,handsome face,stupid attitude and lame pick up lines.
 
"Jaehyo?"
 
He smirked,"You're not that drunk."
 
I scoffed,"What are you doing here?"
 
"I was looking for a drink and I found you here."
 
"Oh wow,that must be some luck you've got."
 
"Haven't you gotten over me?"
 
I couldn't help giggling,"You?You think I would drink over a guy like you?"
 
"Well then what?"
 
I looked at the cake box and muttered something I couldn't even remember the moment I said it.
 
"Wow,dumped,again,this time before your birthday?"
 
I glared at him,"You didn't dump me,I dumped you,you bloody two timer."
 
"You still remember?"
 
I smirked and took the third bottle,"Yeah thanks for that unforgettable experience."
 
I drank straight and felt the soju burning my insides.
 
"Stop drinking like that,you're gonna get drunk."
 
"Like you care."
 
He nodded and left me to drink another two bottles which he paid for.
 
My brain was not working by then.
 
"So what happened to you?"
 
My eyes wandered around and in my drunken stupor,I babbled everything that happened to me.
 
I was a complete mess,tears staining my face,me drinking gulps every once in a while to take a break from talking.
 
Jaehyo didn't say anything,he just listened and got more bottles for me to drink.
 
He drank too.Just to accompany me.
 
"So yeah,here I am,at,what's the bloody time?"
 
I stared at my watch and tried to wonder why the numbers were spinning and why the minute and hour hands were moving.
 
"Whatever,it should be past midnight by now and that handsome idiot is probably wrapping his arms around that pretty officer's shoulders and making merry with all his bloody colleagues and I'm here,with my ex drinking soju like a boss,which I actually am,and crying over someone so stupid on my bloody birthday!"
 
I took another long drink and slammed the bottle on the table.
 
"You know,you don't look very pretty when you drink."
 
I laughed,"Yeah thanks for the unnecessary info."
 
"That's the problem though."
 
I raised an eyebrow and took a gulp,"What's the problem?"
 
He leaned over and tucked my hair behind my ear,"You're never pretty,just beautiful,whatever you do you're beautiful."
 
I smiled and felt tears running down my cheeks,"Thank you Casanova,that made everything a whole lot better."
 
I took another swig and rested on the table.
 
I poked the cake box and giggled,why do I always feel like baking?
 
"Hyemi ah."
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Happy birthday."
 
I smiled,"Yeah thank you."

 

======================================================================================================================================

A/N: Yeap! I added Jaehyo in here! From Block B of course and let's see if Hyemi and Daehyun's relationship will worsen or get better... I'll update again tonight because my internet is finally better and I know I've skipped a few updates. And to those going to B.A.P's Live In Seoul Concert,have a great time! Because I'll be stuck at home or outside with nothing better to do.