SEEING HIM

Love On A Cake

I got up the next day with a terrible hangover.I rubbed my temples and looked around.
 
"I'm home?"
 
My door opened and Cassie came in,"Good you're awake,now mind telling me why your ex sent you home last night?"
 
"Bwoh?"
 
She sighed and handed a glass of honey water to me.
 
"Ahn Jaehyo,your ex boyfriend?"
 
I took a long sip and cracked my head to remember.
 
"Oh,ah Jaehyo,he,I,oh my gosh."
 
I face palmed myself,"I just babbled everything to him."
 
"Park Hyemi,don't tell me you're still thinking about him."
 
"I'm not,its just,yesterday,I,Daehyun,he,"My head ached and I sighed,finishing up the last bit of honey water.
 
"Look I'll fill you in later,oh gosh,what time is it?"I grappled around to get my phone but I couldn't find it.
 
"Argh,"I grabbed my clock,six in the morning.
 
"Its time to go down." Cassie got up and watched me.
 
"Okay okay,"I rushed to wash up and headed downstairs.
 
We went to the cafe and Cassie opened up.Sun came in soon after.
 
I busied myself and baked the cheese cake along with some white chocolate cup cakes.
 
I was so busy I didn't notice Cassie and Sun sneak up behind me.
 
"Happy birthday!"
 
I jumped and turned around to see them giggling with presents in their hands.
 
I laughed and reached out to take the presents but realised my hands were full of flour.
 
"Thank you,can you place them in my bag?I'll open them later."
 
Sun went to keep the presents and Cassie eyed me.
 
"Waegeulae?"
 
"Spill."
 
I looked at her,"About last night?"
 
She nodded.I went to clear up my mess and told her about Daehyun and the officer,how I ended up drinking and how Jaehyo got there.
 
She stared at me,"Do you know how you came back?"
 
I shook my head.
 
"What the,never mind,you were dead drunk."
 
I shrugged.
 
"He carried you back."
 
"Oh,jinjja?"
 
She held my shoulders,"Park Hyemi you don't,wait never,let your ex carry you home.You were hugging onto him so tightly for a moment I thought you got back with him."
 
"Well,so now I'm expected to stay with Daehyun?"
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"I mean the guy that is acting all lovey dovey with a female officer."
 
She glared at me,"Hyemi,you know him better than I do,do you think he is that kind of person?"
 
I thought about it,no,definitely not.
 
"But he didn't say anything about us being official,and don't forget,Himchan didn't say anything as well."
 
"But I didn't go running off to my ex."
 
"I didn't run off to him!"
 
The bell jingled and I sighed.We went outside and Sun was making their drinks.
 
The moment Daehyun saw me,he rushed over and hugged me tight.Like really tight.
 
"Dae-hyun,cannot-breathe."
 
He pulled back abruptly and looked into my eyes.What was he doing?
 
"Happy birthday."
 
Oh,birthday hug.
 
I pushed him away lightly,"Yeah,thanks."
 
Himchan grinned over his shoulder,"Happy birthday sweetie!"
 
I smiled,"Thank you."
 
"Hyemi,I want to-"
 
I cut him first,"I want to have my birthday without having anything to think about."
 
"But-"
 
"Or having my feelings played with."
 
His eyes shot through mine and I could feel his fire burning into me.
 
He sighed,"I have some explaining to do."
 
"Yeah,like the reason you couldn't be with me is because you already hav-"
 
The door jingled and we turned to see Jaehyo walk in.
 
He paused in the doorway,"Am I disturbing anything?"
 
I scoffed,"No you're not,what do you want?"
 
He took my phone out of his pocket and flipped it towards me,"Here,you left this last night when you were drinking,oh and some Mr Police Officer called."
 
He eyed Daehyun,"Is that you then?"
 
Daehyun glared at him and Jaehyo shrugged,"Okay then."
 
Jaehyo hugged me and almost wanted to kiss me but I covered his mouth and pushed him off.
 
He chuckled,"Happy birthday dear."
 
I smacked his shoulder and pushed him out,"Thank you Mr Playboy,you already wished me last night."
 
He laughed and waved goodbye.
 
"Feel free to call me if you wanna drink!"
 
I rolled my eyes and went back into my cafe,staring at my phone.
 
Daehyun did call.Like 33 times.
 
I looked up and saw everyone staring at me.
 
"What?"
 
All of them were glaring at me and Daehyun pulled me outside.
 
I stumbled along behind him.
 
"Yah!Walk slower for goodness sake!Where are you,yah!"
 
He was taking me to the park,I knew the direction,so it was a rhetorical question.
 
He swung me around and kissed me.I tried pushing him away but he just pulled me closer to him,kissing me so terribly roughly.
 
I stopped struggling and his lips softened,kissing me softly.
 
Tears were streaming down my face,why must he do this to me?Playing with my feelings,I just healed,why must he do this to me?
 
He pulled away slowly and searched my eyes.
 
I turned and walked away.My hands were filled with the desire to slap him.
 
"Hyemi ah!"
 
I cursed myself and wiped the tears away.Park Hyemi please get a grip on yourself.
 
He grabbed my wrist and every emotion I felt washed away the moment my hand met his face with the all so familiar slap.
 
Tears continued rolling down my cheeks,I was angry at myself for releasing all my emotions on him.
 
He faced me slowly,the swell building up.
 
"Are you done playing with me?" I stared at his face painfully.
 
He sighed,like he'd given up.
 
It was so dejecting I felt like slapping him again.
 
"Does that make you feel better?"
 
I thought about it,does slapping him make me feel better?
 
"Yes it does."
 
It was a lie,my heart ached so bad for him,but he deserved it. Or maybe not.
 
I couldn't help reaching out to touch his red cheek,my thumb smoothed over it carefully,gently.
 
I winced,like I was the one that got slapped.
 
I pulled away,trying to get my thoughts in order.
 
"I need to get back."
 
I turned away from him and walked back.He grabbed my hand and rubbed soothing circles on the back of my hand.
 
"I'll meet you tonight?"
 
I didn't look at him,I couldn't.I nodded solemnly.
 
Himchan was waiting for him and they took their drinks.
 
Daehyun kissed my forehead and whispered in my ear,"I'm not playing with you,you are too precious to be played with."

 

=======================================================================================================================================

A/N: So regarding the chapter before, Daehyun did see her but she was too busy thinking and couldn't hear him. Also,since Daehyun was with his group of friends,they pulled him off,not letting Daehyun get to her. And yeah, thanks for reading and continue commenting! :)